Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | MagLoop Help

Reviews Summary for MagLoop
MagLoop Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $500 to $2,000 pending specificat
Description: The MagLoop, is a (STL) small transmitting loop. more commonly referred to as a magnetic loop antenna.

At this time, MagLoop antennas are custom built to order as per specification requirements. They generally cover either the 10 through 20 meter, or the 20 through 40 meters bands. Other configurations and customizations are available upon request.

All of our magnetic loop antennas are manufactured out of high grade aluminum. Our butterfly style variable capacitors are also our own design and manufactured in house for inclusion into our loops. We also utilize trombone style capacitors as well as vacuum variable capacitors when required.

Although our loops are hand assembled and ready for play, the parts are precision cut using CNC laser and waterjet technologies, and TIG welded together in order to minimize losses and improve efficiency. They are a thing of beauty!

We strive to deliver an antenna that will rival its full sized counter parts in performance and build quality. And, the "foot print" is minimal.

The MagLoop makes great portable antenna with next to zero setup time. It need only be mounted about 1/2 of a loop diameter above ground for excellent performance.

More info: http://www.MagLoop.com

You can write your own review of the MagLoop.

VE3PCD Rating: 5/5 Jun 13, 2013 19:49 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am very happy to be the first to review this Magnetic loop antenna made by Bob (VE3UK). The loop was delivered by Bob to my QTH and the first thing that impressed me was the construction, a perfect circle of 46'' DIA 1.5" aluminum tube, butterfly CAP beautifully TIG welded and a custom made gamma match adjustment not yet seen on any other loops. I have not measured the resistance of this loop but I would guess that it's close to near zero. After finding the perfect location on my 11th floor balcony to mount the loop with an swr of 1.1:1 I was set to work some DX, and work DX I did. Living in a antenna restricted environment I have tried several antennas, some I have made and many commercially made but I have never used an antenna this good. In the six weeks of using this antenna I have worked about 30 countries with no more that 50 watts. Some contacts: Nigeria, Kuwait,Serbia,Poland,New Zealand, St Lucia, Barbados all from from my QTH in Toronto.

The loop is beautifully made with a custom made butterfly capacitor that is driven by a dc motor controlled my hand held unit in the shack. I understand that Bob is working on an auto controller for this loops. I am also awaiting a smaller loop for 14Mhz - 30Mhz.

I gave this antenna a 5/5 simply because I can't give it a 10/10.