Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | MOMOBEAM MB-4 12-17 Help

Reviews Summary for MOMOBEAM MB-4 12-17
MOMOBEAM MB-4  12-17 Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $430
Description: Momobeam Antenna 4el. 18/24 MHz.
More info: http://www.momobeam.com

You can write your own review of the MOMOBEAM MB-4 12-17.

IW9FRA Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2013 01:19 Send this review to a friend
An high performance little jewel  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hello to all,
I am one of the beta testers and Momobeam this particular antenna has been designed for my personal need to work 17 to 12m with the ambition to reach 100 countries in both bands in a short time and have other 2 DXCCs.
Just over a year ago I asked my friend Joe IT9HBT that she was modeling antennas with very long boom and low angles for our contest station II9K, if he could help me implementing a project for WARC bands of 17m and 12m. The great Joe has spent many sleepless nights to make this little jewel.
With a boom of only 3m and only 2 elements for band I worked over 140 countries in 17m and 150 in 12m, full size elements for 17m are a bit long but the strength of the material used suggests that the antenna will works for years without any problem. My station is located in an urban area in Trapani and my little tower is about 9 m high and the mast is 3m so I can say surely that the original design by Joe at 12m above the ground is totally respected. The lobe is really clean in both bands and the gain is fabulous ...! Now I can work most of the DX stations with only 100W CW and finally the Pacific for me is no longer a problem, also the front/back which is not very marked, allows me to listen the same stations with long path or short path and decide which path is better.
My logs and photos on QRZ.com speaks for themselves, after a year I use only Momobeam antennas, and always with the help of Joe I made a stack of yagis for 20-15-10m, 4-6m and 17 - 12m on top of the mast designed for minimum interactions between the antennas and I'm an happy radio operator with also 2 new DXCCs...!

Best 73 de Sal IW9FRA/KC2TGA

EA3KS Rating: 5/5 Jun 26, 2013 08:05 Send this review to a friend
Heavy and good antenna like it  Time owned: more than 12 months
Recently appeared in the market some new manufacturers of HF antennas, and luckily for me , this was at the moment when I needed to buy a new one for the WARC bands.
So after an extensive search among many different brands and models finally the MOMOBEAM brand. caught my attention. I examined features, compared to other brands and models and finally choose this brand considering its good relationship between quality and price. The momobeam MB4-2WARC, was the model that met my requirements. So I ordered it and added to the order the MB5-6, which is the 5 elements for 50 Mhz.
They arrived duly protected in a big wood box. They are built in EU-T6060 aluminium, INOX screws, sturdily built (boom and elements are 2mm thick), and assembling went smoothly as the instructions manual is explicity detailed.
Tuning process perfect!. SWR level is very low in most of the band, gain probably meets the stated specifications of 4.6/4.8 dbd, which are usually the standard for a 2 elements.
Their price is very interesting, 20% aprox. under the prices of its more direct competitor
The 6 m antenna really fantastic and very strong, as it is made with the same material as the HFantennas.
For those having space and a great garden they offer HF monobands arriving to 9 elements!!
I believe that these boys of Momobeam are doing a very good job!
More information will be found in their WEB page.
Luckily. I must punctuate them wth a high score Hi Hi