Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Directional: Yagi, quad, rotary dipole, LPD, etc | Ultra Beam 2el. 6-40M Help

Reviews Summary for Ultra Beam 2el. 6-40M
Ultra Beam 2el. 6-40M Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $1785
Description: Yagi 2 elements from 6 to 20M,1 element on 30 and 40M.
More info: http://www.ultrabeam.it

You can write your own review of the Ultra Beam 2el. 6-40M.

VK2BJ Rating: 5/5 Jul 9, 2014 03:40 Send this review to a friend
Great Multiband Antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I was looking to expand my antenna capability on my small tower to include the three WARC bands. Previously I was using an Optibeam OB6-3M for 10,15 and 20 at 44ft with a Cushcrft D40 for 40m about six feet higher. After a lot of research, and discussion with Carsten of RF Solutions, the Australian distributor for Ultra Beam, I decided to go with their 2el 6-40m antenna.

It has now been at the top of my tower, replacing both the previous antennas, for almost 10 months and I find its performance to be excellent on all bands from 6m to 40m. Apart from now giving me the three WARC bands, the bonus is 6m where it performs so well that I took down my separate 3el for that band.

Its performance on 40m where it operates as a dipole with the ends bent round the loop (as it does on 30m) is certainly as good as my previous D40 and the gain and front to back on 20m through 6m is very good for just a full size 2 element yagi.

Based on my experience to date, I would recommend this antenna to anyone who needs a good multiband antenna with a small footprint.

TF2CL Rating: 5/5 Jun 27, 2013 09:03 Send this review to a friend
5/5  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hi.
I decided to add my notes, as I noticed that there was no comments about this antenna on Your beautiful website.
I bought the Ultrabeam over a year ago
and I am fully satisfied.
It is only a 2 elements,of course.
But a very good one:eight bands in a single light solution, with an excellent controller bracket-or a pc controller option- and 2 elements from 6 to 20M, more a rotary element full size, even if folded,on 30 and 40M.
Sure an intresting product,maybe "the best bang for the buck",as someone said,excellent in the performance-size ratio.
The cost is not low: but in relation to what You take, in my opinion, the expense is more than valid.
This is an ideal antenna for those who do not have much space and / or the possibility of amazing towers, but they do not want to give up the pleasure and the desire to be competitive in their hobby.
For dx-expeditions or non-permanent activities, it can also be a perfect solution that really makes the difference on the Air.
It also works very well on 30M and 40M, although
mine is installed only about 12 meters over the ground and with a metallic roof that is even more close to it.
Despite that,i have no problem to put off a good signal on all bands, even in the extreme dx or expeditions,propagation permitting,this is normal.
I am curious to evaluate it better after it will be raised a few meters further,in the future.
If I can give a suggestion, it is important to carefully follow the instructions in the manual and take advice from company during the installation.
Here it passed several storms and strong and continuous winds, being also installed a few meters away from ocean,without serious problems.
A bit of maintenance may be necessary,with a special attention to the curves, that in strong wind conditions may be subject to considerable effort.
In places where the weather is often really bad, i suggest taping the joints several times, looking at all modes of maintain the contact between the joints and curves and control it sometimes.
Otherwise,in other places it is not necessary to exaggerate the attention,because the materials of construction for the antenna are very good. Compared to some competitors, UltraBeam has found a great solution,avoiding further internal element, closing the sides with two curves and ensuring to the antenna in an effective way.
A valuable product,for me, with a nice company that is always ready to assist the customer with professionalism and kindness.
I am available for any kind of information regarding my experience with this antenna.
I specify that I do not have any kind of purposes of sale or promotion with this company, but only the simple satisfaction of a customer,which I think is not insignificant.
73!