Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | The Radiosmith Help

Reviews Summary for The Radiosmith
The Radiosmith Reviews: 11 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Expert repairs and restoration for all brands (Collins, Drake, Icom, Kenwood, Ten-Tec, Yaesu, and Others) of vintage and modern ham radio equipment including linear amplifiers, station accessories, OEM power supplies and Astron power supplies by a degreed Electrical Engineer who has been a licensed ham (20 WPM Extra Class) for over 38 years. For more information, contact The Radiosmith via email at: radiosmith@verizon.net

You can write your own review of the The Radiosmith.

HARDEDGE Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2014 19:44 Send this review to a friend
Great service!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just got back what was a "silver screwdriver" FT-747sx (QRP version from Japan)and the workmanship was flawless. This is the fifth radio Steve has repaired for me and to show my gratitude I'm sending a Swan 250 and Swan 350 for his once over as a reward. :-)Best all-around repair service I've found.

WA4NJY Rating: 5/5 Dec 21, 2013 19:33 Send this review to a friend
Excellant work on OMNI V  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Steve did an outstanding job with my Ten-Tec OMNI V.
It had a few nagging issues. He corrected the obvious ones and put some extra effort and time into an intermittent problem.
I think he treated it like it was his own. Having a good repair facility close by (Tampa Bay area) is great!

KB4QQJ Rating: 5/5 Nov 26, 2013 19:37 Send this review to a friend
First Class on Ten Tec 405  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had and old Ten Tec 405 amp that needed a new set of finals. Ten Tec no longer carries them and I couldn't find anything to make it happy. It requires a matched pair. Steve took on the little beast and did a fantastic job.
The little amp now has it's previous 50 watts on all bands and managed about 190 Q's this past weekend. Great job, Great communication, fast shipping and a pleasure to do business with. Professional all the way.

K2ROC Rating: 5/5 Nov 18, 2013 12:42 Send this review to a friend
Stellar!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I sent Steve some of my Collins S-line equipment and he did an outstanding job making it all like new. Excellent attention to detail, very reasonable rates, and excellent communication on what he found and the recommended course of action. I'll be sending him my newly acquired Ten-Tec Omni VI within a week for evaluation and calibration. Highly recommended.

KA4ELP Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2013 12:32 Send this review to a friend
Kenwood TS-120 Display Dots  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I found Steve on ebay and after corresponding with him decided to let him repair my rig that I had just purchased off ebay. It was having the "dots in the display" problem. Steve was knowledgeable and totally professional in correcting the problem. After the repair, I had him totally align the rig as well. My experience with Steve was excellent and I believe he is an expert repairman and totally ethical. I give him my highest recommendation. Jack T. KA4ELP

AJ9I Rating: 5/5 Sep 4, 2013 17:51 Send this review to a friend
Repair of vintage FRG-7 receiver  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Steve repaired my vintage Yaesu FRG-7 and it now works better than ever! When I got it back I put 7 feet of wire for a test antenna and picked up ES5QD out of Astonia on 21.281! Steve fixed the front end, replaced a broken on/off switch,repaired the mode switch and aligned it. Repairs were done quickly and communication was polite and timely.

K3HW Rating: 5/5 Aug 4, 2013 22:13 Send this review to a friend
Century 21 Better than new!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Steve resurrected ANOTHER radio for me! My Century 21 had a a seized PTO and low transmitter output. He installed a Ten Tec PTO rebuild kit perfectly and found that one of the output transistors was blown. Rig was returned to me in better than new condition, with the receiver tuned and aligned, and more than robust transmitter output. I will utilize his services again and again in the near future!!!

K3HW Rating: 5/5 Aug 3, 2013 21:32 Send this review to a friend
S&S Engineering ARK-40 Alignment and modification  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Steve aligned and modified my S&S Engineering ARK-40 QRP CW rig beautifully. The unit I purchased had the inboard CW keyer installed. I asked that Steve remove the keyer and return the rig to original wiring and operation for a straight key, Cootie, or Vibroplex. Work was performed as requested, perfectly executed and returned to me in a timely manner.

WB9USY Rating: 5/5 Jul 26, 2013 10:15 Send this review to a friend
Icom IC-730 Repair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a used IC-730 off of Ebay that was in very good condition. The rig worked good but was off frequency and I had some issue with my antenna tuner with this rig. Steve checked it out and did an alignment. It has been working excellent since. Now I'd rather use the 730 over the 718 I bought new. Communication was excellent, he kept me informed as the repair progressed. Very likable person and answered questions that I had and even gave me some advice on another rig. If I need any repairs I'll use The Radiosmith again.

HARDEDGE Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2013 13:06 Send this review to a friend
Repaired two of my Yeasus  Time owned: more than 12 months
Don't let that "Degreed Electrical Engineer" stuff fool you. Steve works for a living. I've insulted him enough times already by calling him a master radio mechanic so I might as well do it again.

He's obnoxiously obsessive about problem solving and incredibly good at what he does. He's resurrected both an FT-301 and an FT-707 to better-than-new condition and he did them both for a reasonable price.

I've just sent him an FT-77 and I have absolute confidence in his ability.