Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | Advanced Repeater Systems USB EchoLink Adapter Help

Reviews Summary for Advanced Repeater Systems USB EchoLink Adapter
Advanced Repeater Systems USB EchoLink Adapter Reviews: 4 Average rating: 3.8/5 MSRP: $59
Description: The USB Radio Interface Adapters utilizes a high-performance 7.1 channel
soundcard for excellent audio quality and are compliant with USB 2.0 Full
Speed (12 Mbps) Specification, USB Audio Device Class Specification 1.0 and
USB HID Class Specification 1.1.

Compatible with all major operating systems- no drivers required for
Windows 8, 7, 98E, ME, 2000, XP, SERVER 2003, Vista, Linux and MacOS.

The USB Radio Interface Adapter is USB bus-powered (mode Type A), no
external power required.

The USB Radio Interface Adapters are typically supplied with
speaker/microphone connectors specifically designed for most Icom,
Kenwood, Yaesu, Alinco, and other portable radios.

USB Radio Interface Adapters have 3 status LEDs for indication of Power and
Computer Communication, Tx Modulation and Tx Key. Potentiometers set the
transmit and receive audio levels and are preset for plug and play operation.

EchoLink versions have a fixed 1.5 second transmitter delay. Optional Digital
versions for data modes such as Winlink have an adjustable 50 to 1000 mS
transmitter delay.

Load, run and set-up EchoLink software on your computer and you're done!*

The Universal Version (shown above) can be interfaced to just about any other
portable, mobile, base station and repeater; with- Tx Audio Output, Tx Key,
Rx Audio Input and Ground on a 4 conductor 3.5mm jack. Includes an
interface cable with plug for direct solder connection to virtually any radio.

You can write your own review of the Advanced Repeater Systems USB EchoLink Adapter.

KK6IHP Rating: 0/5 Nov 9, 2015 21:40 Send this review to a friend
crappy toy. Unreliable at best.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Mine never worked reliably. Sometimes it would stay keyed up and others it would refuse to key up at all. The other review might be about a different unit because I would not describe mine as well built. It's more like something built at home on weekends. The instructions are darn near incomprehensible (and I already knew what they were trying to say). I think it's great that people build these to make a little cash on the side, it's a little pricey at $80 when you can get a real adapter for a little over $100.
If you like collecting gadgets and don't care if they work, go for it. If you actually expect to complete a QSO, then get a rigblaster or some other properly manufactured device.
KD8DVR Rating: 5/5 Aug 5, 2014 17:09 Send this review to a friend
Great device :)  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I got one to use with my Handhelds. I got mine up and running with minimal issues... all related to Windows 7 and its handling of sound devices.

The adapter works great and, as it is in and of itself a sound card, it sounds wonderful. In addition to Echolink, you can use it for HT-Based SSTV :) Too bad AGWPE isn't able to use it, otherwise I'm sure it would be great for Packet too. Not a fault of the adapter though. money well spent, I love mine!
WD0FIA Rating: 5/5 Aug 24, 2013 23:11 Send this review to a friend
Great Echolink interface!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the Advanced Repeater Systems USB EchoLink Adapter on Tuesday and had it on Friday! That was fast shipping!

The unit is well made, the supplied setup instructions made it a snap to setup. I was making connections with it in less than 10 minutes.

I specified Baofeng UV-5R on the order. I have tested it on my Baofeng, TYT, and Wouxun radios and have not had any problems. The connector fits all three perfectly.

I have (and still use) the original WB2REM unit, the AMI-2 and the ULI, but I needed a USB unit, and the ARS USB EchoLink Adapter filled that need.
W4QXL Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2013 13:47 Send this review to a friend
Works GREAT for our club repeater EchoLink  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased this in order to link our club repeater to EchoLink via a BaoFeng UV-5R radio. It works FLAWLESSLY even with the cheap (disposable) radio! We plan on upgrading the BaoFeng's in the future to a better radio (probably Kenwood HT's, since they use the same external mic/handset plug).

Setting the levels will take a little time and patience (mainly from the BaoFeng), but it isn't difficult to accomplish at all! The product works as described, using the VOX circuitry provided in the hardware and via the EchoLink software.

I have since purchased another product from ARS (the radio interface adapter) in order to put weather alerts on the air for our local county. It too, works as described.

The folks at ARS are great and offer a solid product and any help or assistance you might need in setting things up. Their instructions are very step-by-step and easy to understand as well. I HIGHLY recommend their products for personal use or repeater (public...commercial grade) use!