Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | MFJ-1778M G5RV Jr. Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-1778M G5RV Jr.
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 3.5/5 MSRP: $39.95
Description: Shorter version of the MFJ G5RV FULL-size antenna.
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-1778M

You can write your own review of the MFJ-1778M G5RV Jr..

KD8RDG Rating: 4/5 Dec 16, 2014 12:27 Send this review to a friend
Good performer  Time owned: more than 12 months
This was my first antenna and provided many good contacts on 6-40 meters for the last 3 years. Antenna was mounted at 10 meters (30') in a slight inverted V manner, and used with my Kenwood TS-570 at 100 watts. The antenna seemed to work best on 10, 20 and 40 meters, but was acceptable on the other bands with an external antenna tuner. Although the construction is "light-weight", the antenna lasted three years with no issues. Good starter antenna or backup antenna for limited space applications.

AC2JO Rating: 3/5 Jul 7, 2013 14:21 Send this review to a friend
Okay on 20-4M  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This was my first antenna, and got me started on 20 and 40 meters. The performance is very poor on 10 and 15 meters though.... if I wasnt hearing from people about contacts they were making on those bands I would be convinced right now no one is ever on them, because I hear nothing. I am using it with an air wound choke.

It is a good starter antenna especially if space is limited, but it's time to move up.