Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | Win4K3 Suite Software for the Elecraft K-Line Help

Reviews Summary for Win4K3 Suite Software for the Elecraft K-Line
Win4K3 Suite  Software for the Elecraft K-Line Reviews: 16 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $50.00
Description: Win4K3Suite is a windows control program for the Elecraft K3 transceiver supporting all options such as the secondary receiver, antenna tuner, and others, as well as the KPA500 Amplifier, the KAT500 Antenna tuner and the P3 Panadapter. All functions are provided in an easy to use interface that easily allows control of many options hidden in the K3′s menus.
More info: http://va2fsq.com/

You can write your own review of the Win4K3 Suite Software for the Elecraft K-Line.

N3DWS Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2015 21:28 Send this review to a friend
Best EVER !!! UPDATE  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
UPDATE... Well the panadapter has been modified and upgraded and now I can say "best ever". It is by far the best software package for the KX3 anyone could have. Nothing else compares or is as seamless as this one. If you have a KX3 you MUST try this package. Great Great GREAT !!!

NA1DX Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2014 07:27 Send this review to a friend
Best K3/KX3 Operating Software  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have been using Win4K3 Suite now for more than a few months with my K3 and KX3 station. I've seen an incredible amount of product advancement and improvement. Tom-VA2FSQ has done an incredible job with the Win4K3/KX3 Suite software (http://va2fsq.com/). A number of updates have occurred the last few weeks, including:

Advanced Panadapter Scope Display - Since version Version 1.708, the significant improvements to the spectrum scope include rework of the downsampling of DSP data for the display. These scope displays many more peaks than previously and even many more than the NAP3 panadapter display. There are a number of user controllable features like defining band edges in the display for you own specific region and license class.

Ergonomic windows for 1920x1080 HD displays used by hams. You can now display the Control Center, CW/PSK/RTTY terminal window, DX Cluster Window, and Band Scope all on one display. I use Ham Radio Deluxe Logger to log contacts. The HRD Logging software communicates with Win4KSuite. You can click on a spot in HRD Logger or Win4K suites DX Window to QSY.

The DX Cluster window also now lets you to connect to a local DX Cluster server like CWSkimmer or WinTelnetX.

Tom has worked hard to accomplish proper multi-threaded 32bit and 64bit releases. I have tested it on Celeron, Intel i5, Intel i7, and AMD Duel Core cpu machines with 4GB Ram. I generally use 2 or 3 monitors. I can run Win4K Suite, HRD Logger, HRD Rotor, CWSkimmer, CWGet, N1MM+, and WinTelenet X on my i5 and better setups. The lower end PC I can everything if I use one monitor or a my workstation with a HD Graphics card. If you spend money on your radio, spend a few $ on a PC, too. I use Windows 7 and 8.1 with no issues.

If you want to maximize the software features of your rig, give Win4K3 Suite a try.

Doug NA1DX

ZS6EA Rating: 5/5 Nov 23, 2014 05:19 Send this review to a friend
Save on your K-Line knobs  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
If you need to do "deep down" adjustments, without touching your K3/KX3, this is for you. I have used the trail version and found something that bugged me, OM Tom VA2FSQ rectified my problem within hours, at the same time upgrading his software.

Customer care from Tom runs hand in hand with the K-Line products. Program upgrades comes regularly for registered users.

The software integrates the K3/KX3 smoothly with the popular DXLab Suite, WSJT-X and JTAlertX software.

Try the trail, you will save more than $50 on K3/KX3 knobs over time and get all the other functions for free HI

NJ5N Rating: 5/5 Sep 28, 2014 17:04 Send this review to a friend
Helpful   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have found this software to be very helpful with both my K3 & KX3 radios. It makes some of the adjustments much easier on both rigs and much quicker to use when adjusting audio etc.

I also really like the ability to have a spectrum scope with just a simple iMac USB device when using the KX3.

Give it a try there is a free 30 day trial so you cannot go wrong.

Chris
NJ5N

G8TQH Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2014 06:29 Send this review to a friend
Not just for the K3  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have a KX3, and this software is just the thing to compliment it.

With my KX3, not only does it control almost everything but it does it with a superb and logical interface. It does everything except make the tea!

You can change mode, band, frequency just like other software BUT you can also access the memories and even tune the ATU (neither of which certain other software can do). You can save your system settings and press almost every button combination that the rig has. Either locally or remote.

But that's not all. It also has a separate panadapter window (provided you've a sound card and some cables available). View the band with a waterfall!

Does what it should, not too pricey, what more can you want?

K4HES Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2013 09:04 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have the complete K-line and this software integrates full operation of the complete line. I used to use HRD but wanted something that would allow remote control of the complete station. THIS does.....
Version 1.01 is out. If you have tried a previous version, you might want to take a look at the new version. There has been an upgradde to the speed performance by at lease 3 times as fast. I'm sold.