Reviews Categories | QSL printers; callsign badge engravers; etc. | QSL Design by K1NSS - Dashtoons! Help

Reviews Summary for QSL Design by K1NSS - Dashtoons!
QSL Design by K1NSS - Dashtoons! Reviews: 32 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Varies
Description: Custom QSL Design.
More info: http://www.dashtoons.com

You can write your own review of the QSL Design by K1NSS - Dashtoons!.

K5ACL Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2016 06:12 Send this review to a friend
Ham Radio & Art Intertwined!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
What a unique & awesome experience!

I have nothing but good things to say about Jeff - K1NSS, after my recent QSL card project. If you're like me, and struggling to create a QSL card that captures your personality & your love of ham radio in one little 4x6 card, then look no further than Dashtoons by K1NSS!

That's exactly what I wanted when I first contacted Jeff. I was skeptical at first, because lets be honest, this guy doesn't know me, he doesn't know my personality, so how can he create a QSL card with my "image"?

Boy was I ever wrong. Jeff took the time to read over my blog, check out profiles, pictures, and coordinated with me over the course of several rough drafts, asking all kinds of questions & getting to know me. I was surprised that so much effort went into creating just "MY" card. I would definitely recommend Jeff for any kind of art solution you may need him for, not just QSL cards! What a great artist!

Now I've got a killer QSL card that captures a little bit of who I am, where I'm from, and my love of ham radio. I can't wait to have more QSO's just so I can send some out!

Thank you Jeff for a great experience. You are a talented artist no doubt!

K5ACL

KJ4TX Rating: 5/5 Aug 18, 2015 19:54 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Artist - Great QSL Card Image  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
There isn't a lot that I can add about Jeff's work that hasn't been said already, so just let me add how pleased I am with the image he did for my QSL card. Jeff does great work and I was very impressed with what he did for me after just a few emails and a couple of photos I sent him. Even though I wasn't sure what I wanted created, I did know that I wanted something different and I wanted it to focus around the unique breed of dogs we have. No problem, Jeff listened and ran with it. Not only did he do a great image for me, he gets bonus points for knowing the breed we have. :D

I anyone has been wanting something unique and that is personally yours, give Jeff a try. I'm glad I did.

Mike

K2CK Rating: 5/5 Aug 2, 2015 13:48 Send this review to a friend
Awesome Design  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I met Jeff a couple of years ago on the Hamfest circuit. He's an awesome guy and was very supportive of educational classes I was helping to teach.

A couple of months ago I saw that Jeff was designing custom QSL. I love his work on Dash, so after a little procrastination I contacted Jeff for a design. Jeff quickly developed a custom QSL that is out of this world amazing.

Jeff is quick to respond and is a first class artist. You won't go wrong working with him.

Scott K2CK

P.S. You can see my card on my QRZ site.

N8DEV Rating: 5/5 Jun 11, 2015 15:52 Send this review to a friend
Awesome!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Phenomenal support, speedy and awesome design. I don't think I have ever had someone design something so nice so fast. I would definitely use K1NSS again!!!

KG6EYC Rating: 5/5 Apr 7, 2015 23:12 Send this review to a friend
Have him do your QSL image. Now.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Easy to work with, makes great artwork, well worth the money. After seeing what he made for our club (FBOM/N5NOM) I had him do my personal qsl card design too! Other guys in the club had him do their art as well. He gets what its like being a ham, something that other artists just dont grasp.

LB1GB Rating: 5/5 Feb 19, 2015 13:48 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic work on our logo  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It was great to work with Jeff on the logo for our DX club. He really is a true artist.

If you need a logo or QSL card, Jeff is the guy!

Thanks again!

73 Bjorn LB1GB DipperDX.com

AJ9C Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2015 21:16 Send this review to a friend
Great beyond words!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I saw this posting come up via "reviews" on Eham. I always wanted to do a logo and QSL based upon a group of us that had traveled and contested centered around the name flying iguana. Dropped Jeff a note with ideas and let his muse lead him. Wow! That's all I can say. Jeff is creative, funny and the result you get is ART! If you want unique and to be noticed do not hesitate to contact Jeff and get you design rolling!

KG7QBS Rating: 5/5 Feb 2, 2015 18:50 Send this review to a friend
Excellent QSL Artist  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Commissioning art work via e-mail is much easier than I expected. I had an idea and a really rough sketch. Jeff transformed that into a print-ready design in short order. His first draft was so good, I was ready to accept it on the spot, but we worked together for about a week from start to finish, and the final product exceeded my expectations. He also facilitated getting the art to a printer. I now have my cards ready to mail to contacts, and I couldn't be more pleased. Today I received a frame-able print of my card from Jeff. It is a very nice touch, it looks great, and I will be framing it this weekend. I highly recommend Jeff for your QSL art and design consultation. Great art, great prices, and great service.

KM4EPR Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2015 17:13 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding work, easy to work with, a lot of fun!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Jeff Murray (K1NSS) is a cartoonist most famous for his Dashtoons site, but he also designs QSL cards by commission. I found him on QRZ.com, and sent him an email. We were working together within two emails, after dropping a modest deposit for his time.

When we started, I had vague ideas of what "might look good". I kept these to myself, because I was interested in the design process and what Jeff might come up with. I told him some of my interests and sent him some pictures, and he asked me a few questions, and then he got to work.

The results were nothing short of incredible.

His first draft took the design a route that I had never considered, and it was perfect. A few more emails later, and I was approving the final draft. Working with Jeff was an absolute pleasure; besides the business part of the emails, we had a great conversation that was a lot of fun.

His designs, besides being beautiful, are very creative. For example, one of the cool features we came up with was an area on the card that lets me write a personal message to the receiver.

At the end, I received digital proofs, including the QSL card and some associated artwork he did. Also, he sent me a signed copy of the QSL card suitable for framing. It looks great, and my wife loves it.

I HIGHLY recommend his work! Send him an email, and see what he can come up with for you!

N4DOV Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2015 07:30 Send this review to a friend
Ultimate personalised QSL card  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
If you are looking for the ultimate personalized , Jeff K1NSS, is without doubt the person to contact.
He is a very talented and inventive graphic artist who, via emails, can take your ideas and very creatively produce a unique QSL card. Patiently, he will work with you, providing very prompt updates as the process moves forward. To visualize the the different phases, is truely a unique experience. The price is extremely reasonable considering the skill and amount of work Jeff puts into one's card.
JEFF YOU HAVE CERTAINLY "MASTERED" THE MASTERS !
To see my amazing QSL card, check QRZ.com or Photobucket at one of these links below:

QRZ.com/db/N4DOV