Reviews Categories | QSL printers; callsign badge engravers; etc. | QSL Design by K1NSS - Dashtoons! Help

Reviews Summary for QSL Design by K1NSS - Dashtoons!
QSL Design by K1NSS - Dashtoons! Reviews: 17 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Varies
Description: Custom QSL Design.
More info: http://www.dashtoons.com

You can write your own review of the QSL Design by K1NSS - Dashtoons!.

W4VPZ Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2014 10:34 Send this review to a friend
Great to work with!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've recently gotten my dad's call sign; I know this is the last change I'll make. I wanted a unique, personalized QSL card to go with my new call, and I had seen Jeff's art work. We worked back and forth with great ideas going both ways, and finally settled on a fantastic piece of art that reflects my interests and history. I look forward to getting my new QSL cards printed soon!

W7SWL Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2014 13:06 Send this review to a friend
Great stuff!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Jeff recently designed two cards for me; both very different. See the "Jeff K1NSS Design" portion of his website for the process and the final designs. Jeff's creativity, imagination and art craft are amazing (sometimes a little scary) and it was 100% fun working with him. Desperately wishing I had other projects for him.

W6JKA Rating: 5/5 Jul 18, 2014 15:51 Send this review to a friend
STOP "Go no further"  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just happen to run across Dashtoons/K1NSS while browsing about some of the Dayton Hamfest site reports. I emailed Jeffery with just a compliment on his graphics ingenuity. He promptly responded and I asked him if he could do something outrageous and funny in a card for me. The last QSL cards I had printed was in 1968. After several email exchanges regarding a little history on me I received several sketches. I liked them all. I approved one and the very next day I was in touch with a printer friend of his, K3IFH, who took on the printer project instantly. 4 days later I have an interesting QSL Card that is unique. See for yourself! Check it out on QRZ.com. W6JKA

WY9U Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2014 22:12 Send this review to a friend
Dashtoons Rocks!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Before dashtoons / Jeff Murray, I had never worked with anyone I felt so compelled to write a review of, on eham. From the start, when I emailed and asked if he would be interested in my vision of a QSL card, he was enthusiastic. and genuinely wanted to work with me.

At that time Jeff had several cards in front of me that he was working on. However, every few days I would open my email and have a surprise. The first time it was a theme idea for my vision and a story to go with it. From there it evolved and to a quick sketch he had made to show me an idea he had had.

Once Jeff finished the cards in front of me he was super attentive, he often sent me emails showing me what he had done, and asked for my feedback. There were only a few changes I wanted but Jeff was always eager to make them and make sure I loved the design. My completed QSL card, is in my opinion, the best Jeff has ever created and one of the best I have seen anywhere online.

In reading reviews from others on eham, several others mentioned their only disappointment in working with Jeff was the project coming to an endÖ I wholeheartedly second that! Jeff is a stand up guy and one of the best artists I have ever met. He kept me, my budget and my vision in mind throughout the whole process.

I donít think I have ever felt like I did not pay someone enough, for a service they provided me. In this case had he charged me double I would have happily paid.

I canít wait to work with Dashtoons again!

73 WY9U

WV8J Rating: 5/5 Apr 14, 2014 19:56 Send this review to a friend
Awesome, custom QSL Card design  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
When I first got my ham radio license last year, I had a goal to get a custom QSL card design after I got my extra class license and my vanity call sign. When I first contacted Jeff K1NSS, I had been thinking of what design I wanted to use on my card for a couple of months. The hardest part of any custom QSL card design is deciding on what you want on your card. I thought I had it perfect. To say I am happy with the final QSL card design would be an understatement. The final QSL card design exceeded all the expectations I had for the project. After a couple emails with Jeff, the design took on a life of its own. Jeff incorporated my ideas for the card, added his own ideas, and together we got a design that is awesome. I highly recommend Jeff for any custom, high quality QSL card design.

K0JQZ Rating: 5/5 Mar 20, 2014 07:20 Send this review to a friend
A lot of fun  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This was a lot of fun. Jeff did very a great job in communicating the desigh direction and process. I talked about my expereince on my blog and you can read it at http://k0jqz.blogspot.com/p/qsl.html
if you so desire.

Thanks Jeff
Frank
K0JQZ

K9ZW Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2014 17:25 Send this review to a friend
Awesome Artist and Fellow Radio Amateur  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Jeff K1NSS offers his creative and technical talents to fellow hams creating stunning custom QSL designs.

My project was complex, with Jeff designing Fronts and Backs for three main QSL cards, doing a club variation of the Island card, then doing Eyeball-QSO cards for each.

Working with Jeff couldn't be easier. His insight into people, our shared hobby and his creative nature brought out initial concepts that polished up into designs that I'll be pleased to see printed and mailed out.

As I use GlobalQSL for much of my outbound DX QSL traffic, Jeff even touched base with them to make sure I would have compatible file types to use their service.

Oh, everyone wants to know about costs - and I must share that Jeff's rates are very cost effective and more than fair. In the end I was worried that Jeff simply undercharged me rather than telling me about all the hours used on my project. Jeff assures me that the hours were what they were, but I'll still insist on buying if we ever meet in a pub somewhere!

What do you get? In the end you get lots of files, some intended for web use, some for the printer and some to store for any future tweaks. And then Jeff K1NSS sends you a signed photo grade proof - which mine will end up framed in my shack.

Did I mention I asked Jeff to to coordinated custom backs for my cards? Really makes these designs complete!

Highly recommended!

Steve
K9ZW

Examples at http://k9zw.wordpress.com

WA4SQM Rating: 5/5 Feb 20, 2014 08:05 Send this review to a friend
Tremendous work/ reasonable rates  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
You are simply not going to find a better, easier person to work with than Jeff, K1NSS. He puts in innumerable hours creating "just the right design" to translate a concept to a reality, and will continue to work with you as your vision evolves. In this day of cookie-cutter solutions, to be able to find a true custom design at a very reasonable rate is a rare commodity. HIGHLY recommended!

W9DEC Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2014 05:33 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding results  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Wow! What a great experience in so many ways. Jeff is very creative, easy to work with, and creates a truly individualized QSL card. I am amazed that we went from nothing to the finished product in very little time. Jeff responds quickly to any request and gently guides you in the best direction to provide a work of art. You will be very proud to send these cards and the recipients will be happy to get them.

N4TZH Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2014 13:12 Send this review to a friend
A QSL to die for!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Jeff is wonderful to work with. I came up with the original concept and sent him a couple of snapshots, a couple of back and forth emails and bam, a KILLER QSL design! If you want a one-of-a-kind custom QSL design, this is the way to go!

Look me up on QRZ to see mine. http://www.qrz.com/db/N4TZH