Reviews Categories | QSL printers; callsign badge engravers; etc. | QSL Design by K1NSS - Dashtoons! Help

Reviews Summary for QSL Design by K1NSS - Dashtoons!
QSL Design by K1NSS - Dashtoons! Reviews: 41 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Varies
Description: Custom QSL Design.
More info: http://www.dashtoons.com

You can write your own review of the QSL Design by K1NSS - Dashtoons!.

WA4CZD Rating: 5/5 Apr 21, 2017 11:21 Send this review to a friend
Painless & Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I found out about K1NSS & dashtoons back in the '90s when I worked Jeff & got a dashtoons QSL from him.

When I recently moved QTH, I needed a new QSL to go with the new location so I thought of Jeff and his cartoons.

I approached K1NSS with a general idea of what genre I wanted the art to look like & boy did he run with it. :) Jeff is obviously very talented and his work on my QSL exceeded my expectations.

The whole process was painless. I paid a deposit online. Jeff emailed a draft for my evaluation to make sure we were on the same frequency :) regarding what I wanted the art to look like.

Then he emailed the final art for approval and invoiced me for the remaining fee. He provided links to download the printer-ready artwork. I plan to have KB3IFH print the cards; I've worked with him on my former QSL card and the experience was also painless.

M0WGF Rating: 5/5 Apr 12, 2017 07:58 Send this review to a friend
A pleasure to work with.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I passed my licence in December 2016 and was in need of a QSL card design and contacted Jeff after coming across his website. Jeff was a pleasure to work with and put up with all my little changes as time went on and produced a lovely design for me over the course of a couple of weeks. I would highly recommend Jeff if you are looking for a new card design, I've had no regrets.

W2LJ Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2017 14:23 Send this review to a friend
Jeff is THE best !!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
My mom and my sister are very artistic. Somehow, that gene skipped me, but I still try. I've designed my own QSLS since I was licensed in 1978. Some have turned out better than others, but none were good enough for me to stop trying for something better. That quest ended when I read about Jeff K1NSS, and decided to have him design my card. I sent Jeff an email, giving him a rough idea of what I was looking for. He got back to me poste haste, with some (what he called) rough sketches. I was blown away! It was as if Jeff had the ability to read my mind. A few minor changes and we had exactly what I was looking for. If I had tried this myself, it would have taken a lot more time and would never have come out looking as professional. I quickly had my QSL art in hand, ready to go to the printer.

I was so impressed with Jeff's handiwork, that I asked him to design the logo for the NJQRP Skeeter Hunt, an annual QRP contest. Once again, a magnificent job, and an even more satisfied customer.

One success is great, two are even better; but can you catch lightning in a bottle for a third time? Yes, you can! This time, I asked Jeff for a design for the QSL card for NJ2SP, the South Plainfield Amateur Radio Club. South Plainfield is the home of what was once called Hadley Field, which was an airfield chosen to be the eastern terminus of the United States Postal Service's fledgling Air Mail system.

Jeff came up with a nightime drawing of Hadley Field and a biplane, which beautifully conveyed the theme we were trying to convey. It was a resounding success with the club members ..... and when was the last time you heard of ALL the members of a radio club agreeing on anything?

If you're looking for great, original art at a reasonable price, from an artist that you can become good friends with, I cannot recommend Jeff K1NSS more highly! He will work with you until you're satisfied, and believe me, you WILL be satisfied!

N1ADM Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2017 11:59 Send this review to a friend
Unique and personalized QSL design  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
When researching QSL card designs, I ran across Jeff's website, and I'm so glad I got in touch with him. He took my input and suggestions, but he also used his own insights and talent to add some things to the design that I wouldn't have thought of. The result is a unique and very personal design that really captured my interests. The process was very easy, and Jeff communicated with me regularly and sent several proofs for review as the design came together. If you want unique and personalized artwork for your QSL card, I highly recommend Jeff and Dashtoons!

AJ9C Rating: 5/5 Jan 29, 2017 06:09 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been going to a DX location for CQWW CW now for a few years and decided to have Jeff create a QSL card to capture the flavor of Honduras, my destination for 2016. WOW what a job. Creative, memorable and captured the essence of the location. If you want to have a QSL that "pops" when it is received drop Jeff a line. What you get is truly art!

N7ITE Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2016 16:30 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Design  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
If you would like a very personal QSL card with beautiful graphics please give K1NSS your business. I wanted something different than the usual QSL cards I have been using. After reading the reviews here on eHam I decided to email Jeff and ask him to design a card from a photograph of my dog. The design he came up with was absolutely fantastic! I am delighted with my new QSL cards and have received compliments from everyone who has seen Jeff's artwork. If you want a very special design for your next QSL card I would highly recommend you look at Jeff's work!

K5YNC Rating: 5/5 Dec 5, 2016 10:45 Send this review to a friend
Every Ham deserves a custom QSL card  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Every Ham deserves a custom QSL card that is unique as they are. I obtained my vanity callsign when I upgraded to General. I wanted to have a QSL card that was unique to me and reflected my own personal style. Jeff is a true visionary when creating a card that reflects a person's individuality. He hit the proverbial "nail on the head" when he created my card. Very, very pleased!!

KA4KOE Rating: 5/5 Nov 15, 2016 11:01 Send this review to a friend
More than just QSLs  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have commissioned Jeff for several projects. He did my brother's new QSL as a gift from me. He also will do other projects for your occasion. Just email him and tell him what you need. Jeff is a really nice guy and a fabulous artist to boot. You won't be disappointed.

W6JP Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2016 15:17 Send this review to a friend
Go for it!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
In the past, I've designed my own cards. They were nice, but basic. I was running out of them. It was my birthday. I'd been to Jeff's website many times contemplating having him design one for me. I decided to take the leap.

I pondered my card design for a few days so I'd have something coherent Jeff could work from when he asked me what I was thinking of doing. After a few back and forth emails, we zeroed in on a terrific design. The process was actually a lot of fun and I really enjoyed collaborating with Jeff on my new card.

So, if you've been thinking about it, I say go for it! Jeff is very intuitive, easy going and a skilled artist. The entire process is much easier than you might imagine.

To me, QSL cards are as much a part of the hobby as anything else and this is a really creative way to help keep the tradition alive while sending your contacts a quality keepsake.

So take the leap - you'll be glad you did!

K5ACL Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2016 06:12 Send this review to a friend
Ham Radio & Art Intertwined!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
What a unique & awesome experience!

I have nothing but good things to say about Jeff - K1NSS, after my recent QSL card project. If you're like me, and struggling to create a QSL card that captures your personality & your love of ham radio in one little 4x6 card, then look no further than Dashtoons by K1NSS!

That's exactly what I wanted when I first contacted Jeff. I was skeptical at first, because lets be honest, this guy doesn't know me, he doesn't know my personality, so how can he create a QSL card with my "image"?

Boy was I ever wrong. Jeff took the time to read over my blog, check out profiles, pictures, and coordinated with me over the course of several rough drafts, asking all kinds of questions & getting to know me. I was surprised that so much effort went into creating just "MY" card. I would definitely recommend Jeff for any kind of art solution you may need him for, not just QSL cards! What a great artist!

Now I've got a killer QSL card that captures a little bit of who I am, where I'm from, and my love of ham radio. I can't wait to have more QSO's just so I can send some out!

Thank you Jeff for a great experience. You are a talented artist no doubt!

K5ACL