Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Periodicals | Worldradio Help

Reviews Summary for Worldradio
Worldradio Reviews: 47 Average rating: 4.1/5 MSRP: $14.79 per year
Description: General Ham Radio News
(Web site missing—add URL)

You can write your own review of the Worldradio.

KC2JFS Rating: 4/5 Jun 1, 2006 13:46 Send this review to a friend
Well Worth the Price  Time owned: more than 12 months
It is a magazine that I enjoy reading that has many different aspects that reflect the hobby. Always a welcomed read.

K4IA Rating: 5/5 Jun 1, 2006 12:05 Send this review to a friend
Worth it!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I like it: good articles, straight talk, theory, practice, DXpedition news and more. There's always something of interest.

For just a bit over $1 an issue, how can you complain? You pay more than that for a Sunday paper and the paper is trash in a day. I read and enjoy the WR all month.

W5NM Rating: 1/5 Jun 1, 2006 10:50 Send this review to a friend
HuH?  Time owned: months
Several years ago, I subscribed, sent my money in and they cashed the check and I NEVER received any copies other than the ocassional
free sample copy. I still get one on rare occasion. Very Poor...

Carmine W5NM

KC5ZJE Rating: 1/5 Apr 10, 2006 19:06 Send this review to a friend
I never got a copy  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I subscribed to Worldradio back in February they charged my account on the 28th and I have yet to receive a copy. I requested a FREE copy last year and received the FREE copy with in four days. I thought they would treat PAYING subscribers better than those wanting something FREE. I have contacted them on two separate occasions the first time they ask what my mailing address was and that they would check the second time they said I would have a copy by the end of the week, still no copy. I have requested a full refund but as yet have not received any type of acknowledgement. Donít waste your time or money.

W6FG Rating: 4/5 Mar 13, 2006 13:01 Send this review to a friend
News print and folksy  Time owned: more than 12 months
There isn't much else out there, save QST, that is amateur radio oriented so I'm a life-subscriber of WR. At least you can keep tabs on the amateur press once a month if you subscribe. I do like that they are pro CW and that's a very unpopular stance these days. The best column in the whole rag is Aerials by Kurt N. Sterba. It seems that people are constantly challenging him but he is consistently right on the mark. I know it would cost more but I'd like to see them go to a glossy color format; just my preferance. I'd like to see more construction articles and DX and contest information. Maybe they could be the sponsor of a CW only, WAS program and feature a QSL bureau for state-side mailing or something.

NE1RD Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2005 15:21 Send this review to a friend
Lifetime of fun  Time owned: more than 12 months
I found I was picking up a copy of World Radio each time I went
to HRO. One month, I made the trip mostly for that little rag!
At that point, I decided the lifetime subscription would probably
save me money in the long run... if only in gas!
Each issue has something of interest and the small-town feel
of this newspaper printed periodical is a nice change from
the slick-covered QST and CQ. Finally, the lifetime subscription
option is a great value. Perhaps it isn't for everybody, but
sample issues are often sent to new hams and an issue is less
than $2. There are few things in the hobby less expensive to try!

KC8HXO Rating: 5/5 Sep 6, 2004 20:55 Send this review to a friend
GREAT read!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I look forward to each isue, and learn something from each one. Well done.

M1SPY Rating: 2/5 Apr 12, 2004 21:47 Send this review to a friend
What's all the fuss about?  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Take it as a freebee butthe ads could be printed and the content left out.

AD6WL Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2004 21:24 Send this review to a friend
I like it.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Very informative magazine. Keep up the good work.

WA8MEA Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2004 21:01 Send this review to a friend
GREAT for advertisers!  Time owned: more than 12 months
VERY affordable advertising rates for those of us who have part-time "cottage" type ham/swl businesses. For the price of a lil' teenie weenie 1" ad in CQ, I can purchase a 1/3 page display ad in WR and MORE! The circulation's about the same since WR mails out samples CONSTANTLY. They also offer many freebies at hamfests and pass out gift subscriptions for local clubs to give away as prizes. Plus the articles are pretty darn good. That Crusty Ole' Kurt and Lil' Paddle are quite a couple....

73, Bill - WA8MEA