Reviews Categories | Books/Manuals/Videos/Pod-WebCasts on ham radio | The Elecraft KX3 Book Help

Reviews Summary for The Elecraft KX3 Book
The Elecraft KX3 Book Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $37
Description: Description: This book provides an Elecraft KX3 owner with a source of information that is more detailed than the Owner's manual. It describes some of the more interesting and important advanced features in a more detailed way, and gives help with interfacing and data modes. It has detailed explanations, examples, diagrams and quizzes and an introductory guided tour of the KX3's circuit diagrams.
More info: http://www.ke7x.com/The-KX3

You can write your own review of the The Elecraft KX3 Book.

W1XV Rating: 5/5 Aug 20, 2013 15:47 Send this review to a friend
Lots of additional info  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a great "read" for anyone owning a KX3. It fills many voids in the factory owner's manual which is very well written itself. Fred's book gives one a better knowledge of how the KX3 works. The index is very extensive which helps to quickly pinpoint your search. I would certainly recommend this to all KX3 users. I purchased the 6 by 9 inch version. A handy publication to have as is Fred's K3 book. I wouldn't be without one. W1XV

R2ADC Rating: 5/5 Jul 27, 2013 16:41 Send this review to a friend
Great!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
One would think that having quite extensive manual for KX3 covers all details ... while it does not. Reading through manual over and over, I still had questions I could not answer about certain functions and features of KX3. I was biased whether to get Fred's book or not, but after I got it and started reading, it became clear that this book is worth getting and reading.

It covers functions of KX3 in greater detail than manual. It provides more explanations of KX operations, sometimes not disclosed in manual.

Great book, worth of reading.

KC9IWE Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2013 09:16 Send this review to a friend
More than helpful  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This book is helping me uncover features of my KX3 and it thoroughly explains the theory involved. It is a great guide to supplement Elecraft's exceptional manual.

NV7E Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2013 02:04 Send this review to a friend
Great Guide for KX3 transceiver  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have had the KX3 for over a year now. It has many advanced features and has become one of the most popular transceivers on the air. To become proficient at using it you have to get to know the many intricate menus and buttons. This could involve an effort taking considerable time and practice. Elecraft includes a manual with each KX3 which is sufficient for this purpose, but for me, at least, it is sometimes hard to digest. This was also the case when I first got the Elecraft K3 a few years ago.

Fred Cady, KE7X, has now published a book to make the KX3 easier to understand. It takes each topic from the beginning methodically including useful illustrations. By the time you get to the end of the book you will have a much better understanding of the KX3. I think this is true for new owners of the KX3 as well as for those who have been using Elecraft products for a while. The book has indexes at both the front and back making it easy to look up specific topics for later review. The book may be thought of as a “KX3 for dummies” but it is actually a step above that.

I am sure glad I got this book. It should be part of any shack that includes a KX3. It comes in two sizes. I got the portable 6”x9” version made with a ring binder which allows the book to fold flat. This makes it easy to include in a bag or case with the transceiver for travel.

Sig, 5Z4EE