Reviews Categories | Tools & Test Equipment for the amateur radio work bench | Auburn Metrology Lab Help

Reviews Summary for Auburn Metrology Lab
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Calibration services for service monitors, wattmeters, voltmeters, etc

You can write your own review of the Auburn Metrology Lab.

NW2M Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2018 16:30 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Service! A++  Time owned: more than 12 months
My Motorola R004D/HS service monitor needed repair and a full calibration. They indicated that they were very-experienced with this model. Our club was also in need of a replacement, and Jay said they had two in-stock ready to go. To avoid shipping, I drove 10 hours to Bowling Green. Jay and his team are the friendliest team you will ever meet. True southern hospitality!

He runs a full calibration shop (NIST Traceable) with repair services. They found the problem and had the part in two days. The repair and calibration were flawless. I decided to buy both (!!) service monitors from him. I was that confident. I also saw that he does RF power calibration and had many (20+) Bird wattmeters and slugs ready for calibration. Seeing this, I also left my Struthers AN/URM-120A wattmeter. I came prepared. Glad that I did-

I drove home with three calibrated service monitors and my calibrated AN/URM-120A will be here in 2 days. All in all, I cannot provide a higher complement. I am very particular with my equipment. These are expensive components. I have no problem returning anything to them, nor recommending them to others. 73, NW2M

NU5O Rating: 5/5 Jul 16, 2013 09:34 Send this review to a friend
Awesome Service at great price  Time owned: more than 12 months
Recently I had some issues with my Motorola R2600B service monitor. By chance I found Auburn Metrology Lab mentioned in a discussion group for Motorola. I called them and talked to the sales manager-John and he soon handed me off to Preston, the service manager. Preston immediately recommended replacing the battery on the mother board and it fixed my issue.

So I inquired about calibration services since mine was 5 years out of cal. For $375 the cal'd it and checked it out. They are located in Bowling Green, KY out in the country about an hour north of Nashville where I live. We drove up and delivered them the unit and met the guys face to face. They run a nice operation and I noticed on their shipping bench pieces from all over the United States.

First and foremost, I believe they are honest, knowledgeable, and reasonable. There price was almost half of what I paid last time. Second, they provide a great service if you need to ship to them. Tell them your model unit and they will pre-mold a shipping box for your unit, ship it to you-so you can safely ship it to them, and then cal and return your unit. Costs a little more but certainly it is worth it as a value added service.

While not always possible, I picked my unit up the next day. It locks up much faster and I have full confidence in my unit again. I know its used mostly for ham radio but why not know what you have got?

This is a great group of people providing a very reasonable service.