Reviews Categories | Specialized Amateur Communication Products | SIDE KX Help

Reviews Summary for SIDE KX
SIDE KX Reviews: 32 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $64
Description: Replacement End Panels for the Elecraft KX-3 and a snap on Lexan cover.
More info: http://www.gemsproducts.com/

You can write your own review of the SIDE KX.

K2WO Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2015 06:36 Send this review to a friend
Great Product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I already owned the SideKX with face protector for my KX3 and wanted the same level of protection for my PK3. I ordered a set and they were shipped quickly, installed easily and matched the high quality of the ones for my KX3. What can I say, if you want to protect your fine Elecraft gear, this is the way to go! Thanks!

G4NRT Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2015 06:30 Send this review to a friend
Top Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the full kit for both KX3 and PX3. They arrived at my QTH in the UK very quickly and extremely well packaged.

They were extremely easy to fit and the instructions were excellent.

This kit, along with my VE7FMN Heatsink makes my Elecraft one of the best looking and best protected ones in the UK.

Very highly recommended indeed!

DK1EY Rating: 5/5 Jan 12, 2015 22:59 Send this review to a friend
Great Product - Not compatible with N8BX weighted tuning knob!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It is a great addition for KX3 and also the PX3-Version is great. Well made and constructed.

Sadly the SideKX Lexan-cover is not useable if you have installed a weighted tuning knob from 73CNC.com/N8BX. The height of the knob makes it impossible to place the Lexan cover.

Due to the fact that the quality of the tuning knob is so great and - in my opinion - more necessary than the SideKX, I will resell the SideKX.

KW4M Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2014 13:00 Send this review to a friend
Excellent addition to KX3  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The Side KX ends have been installed on my KX3 for several months now. In that time the rig has been on numerous outings to the field.

As Murphy has repeatedly proven, accidents can and do happen. The handles provide protection to the front controls in the event the radio is inadvertently knocked onto its face. They also make it easier to pull the rig out of its padded carrying case by providing something to grasp while lifting.

Installation was easy. The appearance matches the radio very well, enough so that it could be mistaken as an option provided by Elecraft. The quality is that good.

Several knock-off copies have shown up in the marketplace since Scott made these available. But none have surpassed the quality of the original. It is still the best.

Great job, Scott!

N7ACM Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2014 08:47 Send this review to a friend
Great Product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This was a great add-on to the KX3 and recommended for others as it provides great protection and so far have seen no issues. Was easy to install.

AA4BQ Rating: 5/5 Dec 18, 2014 13:16 Send this review to a friend
Easy Install / Awesome accessory  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

It took all of about 10 minutes to install the two side panels. It is important to use the correct size screw driver #6 and the 10mm socket to avoid scratching the nice, new panels (or original ones being removed.

I didn't find it necessary to open up the KX3. The mic connector was no problem re-installing/re-threading.

The plastic cover snaps perfectly into the side handles. To remove the clear cover in the field, it requires a little technique to squeeze the end of the plastic housing vs. just using brut force to pull it apart. But that's my personal preference, however.

This is a great product and should keep Murphy from causing excessive wear and tear to the digital display. I give it 5-stars. I hope this review helps you.

Bill

N6BOB Rating: 5/5 Oct 2, 2014 14:14 Send this review to a friend
Saved my KX3 today  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have been using the KX3 in the field for the past year and today was glad I had the cover and end plates in place to protect it. I had just finished connecting the battery and antenna. A large dog came out of nowhere into the field where I was about to operate and started sniffing around as if to do his business.
The rig cover was still in place as the dog entangled himself in the coax and pulled the rig off my portable tv tray desk to the ground. It survived with out a scratch.

The cover and end plates were never needed until today's event. Not a broken knobs or scratched paint and the display remains in perfect unblemished condition.

Got to love a product that does exactly what it should do in an unexpected event.
N6BOB

LA9VKA Rating: 5/5 Oct 2, 2014 05:44 Send this review to a friend
Must have product.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Good quality product, and excellent service. Absolutely a must buy for the KX3.

W0RIK Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2013 04:40 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service Too  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Totally agree with everything folks are saying here about the quality of the product. Plus how useful it is and how well designed.

Here's the thing: One reason we buy Elecraft stuff is the incredible customer service. Scott must have Elecraft in his DNA. I emailed him to say my package arrived missing the end panels. Within 24 hours he sent replacements, no questions asked.

So, excellent product and excellent service too.

K2WO Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2013 08:07 Send this review to a friend
Great For KX3  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
If you utilize your Elecraft KX3 for portable operation, these accesories are a must have. They are easy to install and the Side KX End Plates in combination with the Side KX Cover provide the ultimate in protection when taking your KX3 into the field. Scott ships them quickly as well. The quality is fantastic and Scott ships them quickly. Strongly recommended for all KX3 owners.