Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | Baofeng UV-5RB Help

Reviews Summary for Baofeng UV-5RB
Baofeng UV-5RB Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $45USD
Description: VHF/UHF FM Hand Held Transciever
More info: http://www.baofengradio.com/en/

You can write your own review of the Baofeng UV-5RB.

G7MSS Rating: 5/5 Jul 18, 2013 11:31 Send this review to a friend
Great Little Hand held  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The saying goes if it's to good to be true then it probably is.
In this case I find it hard to fault this little Diamond. OK it's not easy to program by hand but from a personal experience I worked it out in about 30 minutes and had all the VHF marine frequencies in with the duplex one's as well in another 50 minutes.
I would also say that learning to do the manual input makes it a heck of a lot easier to understand the hand held a lot better and if you are out and about it becomes very quick to put in new frequencies on the move.
Please be aware though the Instructions are pretty non existent for programing and a search online will bring up definitive details and reviews from some very good sites.
As for performance the TX audio from the internal mic is huge, far better than any other hand held I have used in the past.
Reception is very good as well certainly on a par with previous equipment and I don't see any issue with the supplied rubber duck.
If I can pick any holes in the rig then perhaps a two tone alarm and flashing light is ok but it can easily be set off when changing the rig to broadcast FM mode and if I want to be super picky then not having a rotary VFO might be an issue to some.
No question though it deserves for me a full 5 Stars for value for money and at 30 delivered from an Ebay based uk outlet what more can I say except give it a go and enjoy.

Regards David G7MSS