Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Directional: Yagi, quad, rotary dipole, LPD, etc | Hexbeam: by NA4RR Help

Reviews Summary for Hexbeam: by NA4RR
Hexbeam: by NA4RR Reviews: 19 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $450
Description: The hexagonal beam antenna is built around the improved
broadband design by G3TXQ. Features air coaxial center post
made from aluminum and stainless steel hardware. The spreaders
are fiberglass tubes and support cords are made of kevlar
covered with UV resistant Dacron. All wire sets are 14ga 168
strand Flexweave™ and are pre-measured for simple assembly.
This is a plug and play antenna with no tuning or cutting of
elements required.
More info: http://www.hexagonalbeam.com

You can write your own review of the Hexbeam: by NA4RR.

KD6AF Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2014 16:30 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding product and customer service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I researched Hexbeams for the past three years and finally got off the dime and ordered Roger's hexagonalbeam two weeks ago after speaking with him on the phone and being very impressed with his customer service! I received it within a week and the xyl and I put it together in about an hour! Unbelievably easy if you just follow the instructions! It's sitting currently on our patio table about three feet above the ground and I just worked DL5ANT with the beam aiming at our fence! Can't wait to get it up in the air at 40 feet! Going to retire the vertical now!,

KK4PIV Rating: 5/5 Jul 1, 2014 09:03 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Called and talked to Roger, nice guy and very responsive, quick shipping and a quality kit. Great Quality and Value compared to the big guys, KIO and etc.. Kit went together in less than an hour and given great performance. Catches very little wind, weight does not require a big rotor. I am using a RCA tv rotor with no issues at 47'. Thanks Roger.....

K6MTS Rating: 5/5 Jun 30, 2014 15:29 Send this review to a friend
Should be all 5's  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've got mine on a Rohn 40 push up mast with Mastrant synthetic guys. Only partially extended the smallest/top segment of mast as even though the Hex is not too heavy and I use a LD rotator, it gets to be a bear to push all the way up and a bit too flexy for my liking. Even so still works fantastic!

K4VTY Rating: 5/5 Jun 19, 2014 06:48 Send this review to a friend
Exceeded all my expectations!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Two weeks ago I assembled an NA4RR HEX Beam and put it up 35 feet on my tower. I couldn't be more pleased with the materials Roger uses or the east of the assembly Which took less than 3 hours. I am surprised with the excellent performance. I have done comprehensive SWR tests on all six bands and some Front/Back and Front/Side ratios. All are exceptional and the on-the-air performance is amazing. I couldn't be more satisfied with price, quality and performance. You can't go wrong with this beam!

KF5TIE Rating: 5/5 Apr 20, 2014 19:04 Send this review to a friend
Best Bang for the Buck!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've had the NA4RR Hexbeam since February...I decided on the Hexbeam after hearing many of them on air with terrific signals and nothing but good reports. The price was the final determining factor, as I need something reasonable- a DreamBeam wasn't going to pass muster with the wife.
After deciding on Roger's Hexbeam, I emailed him, wanting to speak with him before spending what to me was a large sum. Within 15 minutes I had a phone number and spoke with him directly. He answered all my stupid questions, was patient and in every way a pleasure to deal with.
Four days after my order- including a weekend- My Hexbeam arrived. After leaving it for a month in the boxes while I worked on the tower, I finally assembled it at 10 feet for testing. I'd never put an antenna together before in my life, but within two hours I had it on air with ZERO issues.
Even at that low height it was outperforming the G5RV at 20'. Quality is beyond reproach- very finely crafted antenna.
For the past two weeks it has been at 45' on my tower, being turned by an ancient swapmeet special AR-22. Performance is amazing. I'm hearing stations I didn't know were on the bands, and pile-ups, even with my measely 100 watts are no problems. I've added at least 10 ATNO's to my log since getting the antenna up, and a fellow ham from the Netherlands sent me a recording of my station showing how strong the signal was.
Plainly put, it's the best thing I could've spent $500 on. And Roger is a cutomer's delight to buy from. I can't speak highly enough of my experience with the NA4RR Hexbeam.

K3XA Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2014 15:55 Send this review to a friend
Easy Assembly and Excellent Results  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased the NA4RR Hex based upon previous reviews and price. The assembly was easy since the majority of the antenna is pre assembled. I decided to glue the spreader sections together and paint them with flat black paint to minimize visual impact of the antenna. The antenna was subsequently mounted with it's 20 Meter element at a height of 42'. I feed the antenna with an R.F Connection Choke Balun and SWR is easily within the capabilities of my Acom 1000 R.F. Amplifier. I've been using the antenna for 5 months and it's performance has been outstanding. I have a Windom at 45 feet and frequently do A/B comparisons. In most cases, the Hex is several S units above the Windom. Frequently, I can hear stations R-5 that can not be heard on the Windom. Obviously the Hex has some gain, but I think it's lower angle of radiation equates to it's ability to hear better on long hall contacts. I live in an area that is subject to icy weather. NA4RR does not offer an Ice Rope set like the K4KIO Hex Beam does, so I ordered a set of 6 ropes from K4KIO and placed them between the middle of each spreader and the top of the center feed mast. We have had two ice storms (3/8" radial ice) and one wet, heavy snow and the antenna showed no form distortion. I highly recomment the Ice Ropes for locations that experience these winter conditions. In summary, the antenna performance exceeds my expectations for a relatively small, light weight 6 Band antenna. If you are in the Northern Virginia area and would like to experience the performance of this Hex, just contact me at my QRZ.com Email address. A picture of my Hex can be seen at a search of K3XA on QRZ.com.

K2YNY Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2014 18:12 Send this review to a friend
THE BEST HEXBEAM  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I HAVE HAD THE NA4RR HEX BEAM SINCE JUNE OF 2013..IT WAS UP AT APPROX. 15 FEET, WHEN WE DECIDED TO GIVE IT A TEST. MY FIRST CONTACT WAS TO KUWAIT AT A 5/9..THE SECOND CONTACT WAS TO JAPAN, AT A 5/9. ALL ON 20 METERS. WHAT CAN I SAY AFTER THAT. I HAVE WORKED THE WORLD ON THIS HEX BEAM. WHAT'S ALSO GREAT ABOUT IT, IS THE PRICE. IT CAN NOT BE BEATEN..RODGER-NA4RR SHOULD BE COMMENDED FOR HIS PRODUCT. A TRUE WINNER

N0OR Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2013 04:25 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I thought I would give this antenna a chance since the reviews were good, and I'm glad I did. I received it in 2 boxes only 3 days after ordering it. Very quick service. I used a patio table to construct it on, and that made assembly very easy. The total time to put it together was about 3 hours, by myself. The only thing I found mildly frustrating was the balun. The small heat shrink tubing, was too small to fit over the previously shrunk larger tubing ends. I am waiting on a part for my Yaesu 400RC rotor so I checked the SWR on all the bands and tuned it up. The first big thing I noticed was how quiet it was. Compared to my 40M delta loop it was 3db less noise. I heard NJ2BB calling CQ on 20M CW so I made a contact, got a 559 report using 5 watts QRP with the antenna still sitting on the table. I'm impressed, now and can't wait to get it up in the air. One more thing, everything fit perfectly with no adjustments. This is a well made product and I'm looking forward to many years of use.

K4IIE Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2013 21:07 Send this review to a friend
a best buy  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Have had the antenna for a month.Mounted at 35 ft. on TV mast and rotor.Easy assembly.Afterwards had a very high swr on all bands.Talked to Roger and he was going to go out of his way on a trip up north to come by my qth to help solve the problem.I found it to be a bad coax connector.Antenna is working great.In the last 2 weeks have worked the following with a Kenwood TS590 at 100w:FR,ZD8,9L1,5J0R,CN8,3B9,Wake Is.,9J2,T33A,XR0,XF1P,KH8,XT2,3DA,D3 and TA.It's not a log-periodic but it works!!!Highly recommended.

K4BDN Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2013 05:15 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I would recommend buying a Hexbeam from NA4RR. His web site may not be as polished as some of the others, but he should be considered in the purchase of a Hexbeam. I emailed Roger, NA4RR, in the late afternoon with inquiries on the antenna and he responded in a timely manner. He shipped the antenna out very quickly. I am very pleased with the way Roger dealt with me on the purchase of the Hexbeam.

I have mine placed approx. 42' up on my tower. It is mounted directly over a heavy duty TV rotor. The instructions were clearly written and it went together quickly.

I have compared it to my fan dipole and it will allow me to hear stations that I could barely hear before. My first contact with the Hexbeam was in Califorina, 2000 miles away. I then turned to the south and made contact with a CX2 station in Uruguay, then west again to make contact with a JA2 station in Japan. I have never been able to reach Japan with my dipole even though I could hear the JA stations, but now I can work them.

Buy one ready made or make your own, you can not go wrong with a Hexbeam. If your budget allows for a much more sophisticated setup go for it, but for me even buying a ready made board band Hexbeam allowed me to save over 75% the cost of traditional tower, rotor, & beam setup.