Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | Hexbeam: by NA4RR Help

Reviews Summary for Hexbeam: by NA4RR
Hexbeam: by NA4RR Reviews: 47 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $450
Description: The hexagonal beam antenna is built around the improved
broadband design by G3TXQ. Features air coaxial center post
made from aluminum and stainless steel hardware. The spreaders
are fiberglass tubes and support cords are made of kevlar
covered with UV resistant Dacron. All wire sets are 14ga 168
strand Flexweave™ and are pre-measured for simple assembly.
This is a plug and play antenna with no tuning or cutting of
elements required.
More info: http://www.hexagonalbeam.com

You can write your own review of the Hexbeam: by NA4RR.

VA3AQB Rating: 5/5 Apr 2, 2016 16:18 Send this review to a friend
Newest Hexbeam   Time owned: more than 12 months
Well had my first NA4RR hexbeam up for over 2 years. I did not have ice supports and it clasped on me. The ice around the wires and cord was about 2 inches thick.
I just finished putting the new one I just ordered from and yes ordered the ice supports.
One other thing I did was add a U bolt on each spreader holder.
I must say the current production has improved since I got the first one, everything is much more heavy duty.
I told Roger and his son what failed and sent pictures of the failure areas, when I got the new Hexbeam he had included parts to repair the broken one. So will repair and get some money back.
A big THANK YOU to Roger and Bill.

8P6CH Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2016 05:42 Send this review to a friend
Simplicity  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Took longer to clean and paint than it did to assemble!!Really happy with this antenna. It is up 25 feet in the air and has been painted with Rust-Oleum paint and primer in flat black. SWR on all bands is very low and more than acceptable.

W1WOW Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2015 19:25 Send this review to a friend
Well Worth It - One Price All Bands  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Quality Antenna and easy to assemble. Works great on all bands 6m - 20m with extremely low SWR or nil. Deserves a 5 as it's as advertised and is a slightly better value than others on the market.

K4ARD Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2015 23:41 Send this review to a friend
Works Great !  Time owned: more than 12 months
A Great beam ! If I can hear them .. most of the time I can work them ..would recommend this to anyone !

WM5L Rating: 5/5 Aug 15, 2015 08:16 Send this review to a friend
Very nice antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I assembled mine in the ice in February and it set in the yard until August. I like the punishment of west Texas heat to do antenna work LOL. Its been up 3 days and it is a very quite and neat antenna. Working some DX and local stuff with it at 30' off the ground with 100 watts. Easiest antenna ever to assemble.

K2GT Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2015 20:08 Send this review to a friend
CQ DX!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
For the last year I have been sitting with 89 confirmed on LOTW. I put up the Hex at 32 feet, and got the last 11 confirmed in two weeks. I'm a believer. One person construction, 2 or 3 persons to actually put it up and you're good to go. I saw another review where a ham had the rods break in a a hurricane here in Hawaii. Roger sent me extra fiberglass rods which I forwarded on to that ham (no charge) and I assume he's up and running again. Great customer service from Roger. It's a winner.

KE5GGY Rating: 5/5 Jun 27, 2015 16:58 Send this review to a friend
Unbelievably Good Experience  Time owned: more than 12 months
Now that I'm a 'hex beam veteran' (one year!) I thought I'd write an updated review:

Overall: Owning an NA4RR HEX BEAM has been an unbelievable experience. 6 bands on 1 coax for around $500. GREAT DEAL! Beyond that, the performance of this antenna has been unbelievable. Although I own several amplifiers, I don't even need them with my HEX. Regularly I talk all over the world and get through the pile ups just fine. When I run an amp, I am heard everywhere.

Durability: North Texas has lots of wind and occasional ice. After one winter and spring that included quite a bit of wind, the HEX BEAM just keeps on rockin'.

Customer Service: Roger is GREAT. I had a ton of questions and was calling him often for several weekends. He really cares about his customers.

No Tower Needed! Although I have my HEX on top of a tower, you don't need one. Get this up on top of your home on a TV antenna stand and you'll be in great shape.

Summary: The NA4RR HEX BEAM is one of the best HF antenna values in amateur radio. If you have questions, email me at ke5ggy at gmail dot com or find me every night on 3.916 MHz between 7 and 10 PM Central.

73 and Good DX to you!

Pete
KE5GGY

K4LIX Rating: 5/5 Jun 1, 2015 11:25 Send this review to a friend
GREAT beam!  Time owned: more than 12 months
After playing around with two of these that W4RYZ radio club owns and uses, I found a used one for sale - bought it and for about another $13 at Ace Hardware, had all the parts and put it together and mounted it about 8 feet above the ground to experiment with it - I have successfully added a 40 meter wire to it without effecting the other bands, and now have it mounted about 20 feet up. A 30 meter wire would be even easier but I use 40m more. I plan on putting it on the peak of my roof, just had a steel roof put on, using a short tower. If you're interested in the 40 meter mod, drop me a line, eMail OK on QRZ.com. This one will be used for Field Day at KE4FD here in NW Fla. and then back to this QTH for permanent mounting. A great antenna for not that much $$.

KJ4YGC Rating: 5/5 May 6, 2015 17:15 Send this review to a friend
Absolute pleasure!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Absolute pleasure to deal with! Great kit to assemble as well as being a great antenna. Highly recommended all the way around. Appears to be the only antenna I'll ever need for 6-20 meter operations as it is a great performer and easy to service.

WB6UQA Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2015 07:36 Send this review to a friend
GOOD QUALITY  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This antenna is made of high quality parts. All stainless hardware. Center post is all aluminium . This antenna is a Dx maganite . Every part is measured and made.