Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | Yaesu YS-2000 Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu YS-2000
Yaesu YS-2000 Reviews: 10 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $yaesu ys 2000
Description: Yaesu YS-2000 RMS/PEP wattmeter
More info: http://www.foxtango.org

You can write your own review of the Yaesu YS-2000.

KE4AMQ Rating: 5/5 Jul 23, 2017 14:16 Send this review to a friend
great meter  Time owned: more than 12 months
i have had several of these and gotten rid of them in some kind of trade deal. I got a nice one now with led's in it its a very good meter heavy duty not junk. If you find one buy it

N1ZLE Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2016 15:05 Send this review to a friend
Great!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I only wish it scaled to 3K. Great meter, The BEST analog PEP you will ever find.

VA6DWH Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2013 19:20 Send this review to a friend
Toe to toe with the best !  Time owned: more than 12 months
Looked for quite a while to find this meter....In "New" condition...amazed with its workings....top quality....accurate....easy to read....a must for any serious radio amateur station....Looking for another....found nothing so far in good shape...but they are out there....like most things of this quality....very few of them are bought and sold unless its an estate situation....anyone who has one keeps them till they can no longer operate their station....Can't imagine anyone being unsatisfied with this meter....

W5WSS Rating: 5/5 Dec 18, 2012 14:34 Send this review to a friend
I like the PEP feature  Time owned: more than 12 months
Great! I bought mine new in 1982. The Knob on the shaft uses little set screws to keep it tightly in position and I need to adjust it and tighten them otherwise no problems with this meter.

W2ZOU Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2012 09:32 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Quality  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was going to get a to get a Daiwa. Last minute I found a mint condition YS-2000. Paid $100 for it. This is really in the Bird category, not the Daiwa. Not only Bird, but the old Bird stuff as I am told the new Bird meters are maon in China. Getting harder and harder to find the old stuff in nice condition.

W0DXX Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2012 19:52 Send this review to a friend
Great ole meter  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned 2 of these, the first I sold and don't know why and the replacement which will be sold when I am a SK. Great meter looks 70ish but the performance is second to none! If you find one in good condition buy it, it is also easily adjusted with the pots inside if it ever needs to be calibrated. I wish anyone could build a meter this good and friendly to use. Way to go Yaesu...

KB5OK Rating: 5/5 Aug 31, 2010 12:48 Send this review to a friend
A1 service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought my YS-2000 in 1982 & it is still working as new. I also own a Swan WM-2000A that is just like the Yaesu except it is black, I also own a Siltronix, all identical. I don't know if there are other brands out there made by this company, but they are darn good meters & worth hanging on to. As I always say " you can't have too many radios " and that goes for meters also. If you get a chance to pick up one of the meters I mentioned, don't hesitate, they will serve you well.

G0LJS Rating: 5/5 Jan 6, 2010 12:36 Send this review to a friend
A keeper  Time owned: more than 12 months
In daily use.Permanent part of shack .Tracks against Bird very well.Good size meter. Very solid construction.

N4NDX Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2009 08:12 Send this review to a friend
Top of the Line Meter  Time owned: months
It just do what is suppose to do, well constructed, heavy thick walls and solid. Just a nice piece of equipment all around. Do not hesitate to buy one.

VK5LA Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2002 07:36 Send this review to a friend
Great PEP Meter  Time owned: months
I had one of these but I foolishly swapped it for another piece of gear.
I checked it out compared to a Bird Thu-line and it was very good, right up to 1500watts.
If you can find one of these I would recommend that you buy it!