Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Directional: Yagi, quad, rotary dipole, LPD, etc | UltraBeam 4ele 6 - 20 D/X Yagi Help

Reviews Summary for UltraBeam 4ele 6 - 20 D/X Yagi
UltraBeam 4ele 6 - 20 D/X Yagi Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $2600 with control cable
Description: Frequency range : 14 - 50 Mhz
F/B ratio (dB) : 25
Power (PeP) : 3500 watt
Longest elements : 11 meter
Boom length : 6,3 meter
Boom diameter : Square 60x60 mm.
Max wind-area : 0,75
Rotating radius : 6,25 meters
Mast diameter : 50mm (60mm possibility)
Weight : 35 Kg.
Controller : Included
More info: http://www.ultrabeam.it/site/index.php?lang=en

You can write your own review of the UltraBeam 4ele 6 - 20 D/X Yagi.

M0HDX Rating: 5/5 May 27, 2014 14:08 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased the antenna from Ron Stone of Vine Antennas Ltd and can only agree with what John GM6TVR as wrote in his review about the 6-20DX antenna.

Three elements on 20,17m
Four elements on 6,10,12,15m

The build quality really is outstanding and built like a tank.

Performance is better than I expected and my new antenna replaces a cubical quad.

The price is more expensive than the steppir but you get what you pay for and I am pleased I chose ultrabeam.

Ultrabeam gives a 4 years warranty which says it all.

jim M0HDX

GM6TVR Rating: 5/5 Apr 19, 2014 07:55 Send this review to a friend
Still performing  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The sun is shining and all is calm in Scotland, I was desperate to have a close look at my antenna after suffering the worst winter in living memory for high winds, one of the closest official weather monitoring stations in Cumbria, not many miles from my qth, recorded winds of up to 142mph which is pretty devastating. My Ultrabeam shows no signs of distress and required no maintenance work whatsoever, little wonder that they give a four years warranty with their products. No need to say any more, John gm6tvr www.gm6tvr.net

GM6TVR Rating: 5/5 Sep 6, 2013 11:45 Send this review to a friend
Absolutely out of this World  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased this antenna via Ron Stone of Vine Antennas Ltd, outstanding quick delivery from Italy via Ron and then on to myself.
Assembled and up on the mast in five hours from unpacking, the quality of the antenna is exceptional and should last for many years to come, and who else would provide a four years warranty with their product?
Have cracked the biggest of pile ups in the short time I have used it, having owned and used a lot of hf antennas in the past, I can safely say that this one is in with the very best, the only antenna I have seen that compares with this standard of workmanship and quality was my previous M2.
This antenna is miles ahead of my previous Gem Quad, Tennadyne, SteppIR and Optibeam, all of which failed miserably in our West of Scotland weather conditions.
If you do decide to purchase any of the Ultrabeam range of antennas, make sure that you order the correct length of control cable which is pre made in their factory and are of top quality.

Important update.....................
After using this antenna for a few weeks now I have come to the conclusion that the Ultrabeam team have produced World beating products.
When on the air last night I was working stations in California on 17mtrs, I know that this is common place and not unusual, but what was remarkable was the fact that they all told me that they could not hear any other European stations.
Take my word for it, these antennas are the real deal, similar design to that of the SteppIR, but leaps and bounds ahead of them both in quality and performance. My previous M2 antenna was a winner, and so is this Ultrabeam. As far as the failures I mentioned in my first post at the top, I would not have any of them ever again, not even if gifted brand new. Me? I am over the moon, and nothing to do with my new antenna, I worked Luca on the ISS on the 20th August at 20:20hrs - 20 over 9!!!!

John - gm6tvr