Reviews Categories | Filters, RF: bandpass, lowpass, highpass, RFI/EMI, etc.. | Array Solutions AS-RXFEP Receiver Front End Protector Help

Reviews Summary for Array Solutions AS-RXFEP Receiver Front End Protector
Array Solutions AS-RXFEP Receiver Front End Protector Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$ 55.00 USD
Description: Receive - only RF limiter designed to protect receiver front
end from damage due to nearby transmitted RF fields

You can write your own review of the Array Solutions AS-RXFEP Receiver Front End Protector.

NW7OR Rating: 5/5 Aug 13, 2015 14:02 Send this review to a friend
A Very Wise Investment in Receiver Protection  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm using this to protect my new Whistler WS1080 Digital Scanning Receiver, after almost completely ruining the front-end of my GRECOM PSR-800, which is no longer very useful. Serious and expensive lesson-learned.

In my mobile rig, I have a Larsen 150/400/800 Commercial Receiver Antenna a little over 1 ft. away from a Diamond NR770HB Dual-band transceiver antenna. I have transmitted with 50-watts from my Alinco DR-150T 2m monoband radio without any issues at all....the scanner display didn't even show any indication. I have images on my QRZ page.

So, if you value your receiver....especially these new digital scanners....and you use a transmitter anywhere near it, then you really do need this unit.

Richard NW7OR
KC7M Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2013 15:17 Send this review to a friend
LOW COST PROTECTION !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am using this neat little rf protection circuit on the receive antenna of my MFJ 1026 noise cancelling signal enhancer. I could have used a relay, but decided to give this passive device a try. The bottom line: My transmit antenna(s) are very close to the MFJ's unprotected receive antenna, and I can use full legal limit power with no damage to the MFJ unit. The AS-RXFEP absorbs the RF with no problem, whereas I blew out the little 50ma protection bulb on the MFJ 1026, when I cranked up the old Alpha 99.
W5DGM Rating: 5/5 Jul 30, 2013 17:22 Send this review to a friend
Awesome !  Time owned: more than 12 months
Any ham who has a shortwave or other multiband receiver in their shack needs one of these jewels. It's easy to forget to turn off the sw receiver when keying your hf radio and overloading your sw receiver front end. I installed this rf limiting device inline to my shortwave receiver. It will not affect normal measured signals. Now if I key my hf radio, it will not overload the sw receiver if it is on as well. I recommend reading about this device (click the link above), and then calling Bob at Array Solutions (no - I'm not on their payroll, just a satisfied customer) and order one.