Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | REA Amplitude Modulation Monitor AMM-SD1 Help

Reviews Summary for REA Amplitude Modulation Monitor AMM-SD1
REA Amplitude Modulation Monitor AMM-SD1 Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $200.00
Description: Highly accurate, PC based monitor for amplitude modulation measurements, USB interface.
More info: http://radioassociates.com/

You can write your own review of the REA Amplitude Modulation Monitor AMM-SD1.

W2PHL Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2013 14:15 Send this review to a friend
Great tool for the AM enthusiast  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I already have a Boonton 8210 modulation meter so I initially resisted purchasing the AMM-SD1. After hearing all the positive reports from the AM crowd, I had to have one. It works extremely well. The Boonton tends to unlock on higher than 140% positive peaks. The AMM-SD1 hasn't misbehaved yet.
There's no latency that I can detect on the display and the recovered audio via output jack is crystal clear. Although that's only true if you have a Hi Hi fine business transmitter! I'm looking forward to the proposed software update which will enable an adjustable sweep rate for the built in oscilloscope.

K5ZBY Rating: 5/5 Oct 17, 2013 06:17 Send this review to a friend
Great product!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
All the above is true. Made for my specific power output level. I have a set of headphones plus an headphone amp that lets me listen live real time to my signal. Support is fast, setup is simple.

The product IS still in production.

AB2EZ Rating: 5/5 Sep 24, 2013 12:05 Send this review to a friend
An excellent product  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is an excellent product. It is easy to install; and it has lots of useful features. The displayed results match what I observe on my digital oscilloscope(off-air envelope monitor). Steve provides excellent documentation and support. I like the fact that the application software detects the loss of carrier when the transmitter is placed in standby; and the display window minimizes after a set amount time (that you can set using the application's pull down menus). It is nice to have a choice of analog (simulated analog meters) and/or digital displays, positive and negative peak flashers (with thresholds that you can set), etc.

KK4IBG Rating: 5/5 Aug 3, 2013 21:59 Send this review to a friend
THE MOST IMPORTANT ADDITION TO MY SHACK !   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The AMM-SD1 (Software Display) series of AM Modulation Monitors.
This has to be the most important piece of equipment that I have in my shack . Very well made and highly accurate. You really find out the truth about your AM signal and aids you in monitoring the modulation of complex, varying audio signals such as voice or music.
So easy to use!
Looks great !
Thank you REA for another Fantastic product for us AM'ers

KA4KOE Rating: 5/5 Jul 31, 2013 10:24 Send this review to a friend
Great Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The AMM-SD1 is far superior to an oscilloscope for monitoring AM waveforms. Boatanchor transmitters must be set up properly or they will generate interference. The sampler can be put underneath a desk. The user interface is your PC monitor screen.