Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | KISS-Electronics Help

Reviews Summary for KISS-Electronics
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: KISS-Electronics originated around the principle that HP test equipment,
and its users, are the best ever. Our goal is to return that "boat anchor" test
equipment to better than its original working condition. We've taken the
HP410C, for example, to the next level of perfection -- by designing state-
of-the-art solid-state replacement "boards", installing them and completely
re-working the unit itself..

HP 410B and 410C meter repair and complete overhaul. Some other test
equipment covered (see website). Reconditioned 410B/C available for
purchase.
More info: http://www.kiss-electronics.com

You can write your own review of the KISS-Electronics.

WO4K Rating: 5/5 Feb 20, 2018 05:13 Send this review to a friend
Amazing restoration of a Johnson Viking II  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Last summer I acquired a rare E.F. Johnson Viking II - CDC transmitter. These were made by Johnson for the Civil Defense Corps in the 1950's and early 60's. They are quite different from the standard Viking II in that they can transmit on any frequency from 1.8 to 30 mHz. Since this is going to be my retirement AM rig, and a rare bird, I wanted it to be gone through professionally and thoroughly. I am delighted I chose Ms. Ashley Hall and Kiss-Electronics to do this job for me. First let me say that her rates are fair and competitive. To save mark-up fees, she sent me a list of parts needed and suggested supplier options. She did a thorough examination of the rig, and made suggestions for modest mods and improvements. She talked me out of doing some of the mods you see on-line. The communication was excellent. She was in continuous contact by e-mail, sending me detailed descriptions and photos of the work as it progressed. It was very impressive. She was meticulous and detailed, down to replacing each post and wire, resistor and cap. Example: every ground machine screw got a star washer to ensure a good mechanical ground contact. She was as meticulous in testing as she was in re-building. In the end I have a transmitter that is better when than it came out of the factory, with a few mods such as solid state rectifiers. Ms. Hall specializes in E.F. Johnson equipment as well as HP test equipment. She also restored the VFO-122 for me in the same detailed way. If you have A Viking II or Ranger that needs work and want it done right, I highly recommend Ms. Ashley Hall and Kiss-Electronics.

N6HK Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2016 00:18 Send this review to a friend
Very good service.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent in my vintage h-p 410B VTVM for overhaul. It was not functional on any of the AC voltage scales.
Ashley and her techs at Kiss-Electronics brought my meter back to life! They discovered an open filament
connection going to the diode tube in the r-f probe.
After repairing that, they went on to replace some out of spec resistors and caps. Lastly, a complete meter calibration. This 1955 VTVM is now working like new. Very pleased with services performed. Excellent communication throughout the repair period.

NQ5T Rating: 5/5 Aug 2, 2013 18:46 Send this review to a friend
HP 410C Overhaul  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My HP 410C meter has been sitting in a closet for years, unused because of erratic operation and old brittle test leads. Decided to have it completely updated and refurbished. KISS-Electronics did a great job. The meter has been electronically updated, physically refurbished, and works great.

Cost will depend on what needs to be done. But for what was done, and the operation/appearance of the overhauled meter, it was not over the top. Turnaround was a couple of weeks, and they kept me updated with status throughout.