Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | ZEROFIVE 15 METER GROUND PLANE VERTICAL Help

Reviews Summary for ZEROFIVE 15 METER GROUND PLANE VERTICAL
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $329.00
Description: A 15 METER VERTICAL GROUND PLANE
FREQUENCY RANGE 20.5 TO22 MHZ TUNABLE.
SPECIFY FREQUENCY WHEN ORDERING
More info: http://http:www.zerofive-antennas.com

You can write your own review of the ZEROFIVE 15 METER GROUND PLANE VERTICAL.

WA4PVZ Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2014 03:55 Send this review to a friend
THIS ANTENNA MEETS EVERY EXPECTATION  Time owned: more than 12 months
I HAVE HAD THE ZEROFIVE I5 METER VERTICAL GROUND PLANE UP NOW FOR OVER A YEAR. IT IS STILL WORKING FAR BETTER THAN ANY OF MY PREVIOUS VERTICALS.

WA4PVZ Rating: 5/5 Aug 13, 2013 09:39 Send this review to a friend
ZEROFIVE DELIVERS  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
RECENTLY I PURCHASED A ZEROFIVE 15 METER GROUND PLANE. OVER THE YEARS I HAVE USED SEVERAL VERTICALS. MY FIRST WAS THE OLD GOTHAM VERTICAL SOLD IN THE LATE 40'S THRU THE LATE 60'S. I ALSO HAD A PAIR OF 12AVQ'S AND A 14AVQ. THESE WERE TRAP VERTICALS. THE 12AVQ'S WERE PRE MFJ AND WORKED VERY WELL.THE 14AVQ HAD TRAP ISSUES FROM THE START. IN AS MUCH AS MY CURRENT ACTIVITY IS WITH THE PACIFIC MARITIME MOBILE SERVICE NET I ELECTED TO GO WITH A MONOBAND ANTENNA.

THE DAY I RECEIVED THE GROUND PLANE I WAS IMPRESSED. NONE OF MY PREVIOUS VERTICALS WERE SO SOLIDLY BUILT. I CALLED TOM AS THERE WAS NO MANUAL. HE EXPLAINED HOW THE ANTENNA WAS PACKAGED. WITH THAT BIT OF KNOWLEDGE IT TOOK LESS THAN AN HOUR TO ASSEMBLE AND AN ADDITIONAL HALF HOUR TO TAKE DOWN THE 14AVQ AND PUT UP THE GROUND PLANE.

THE GROUND PLANE WAS 1.2:1 ON 21.412. A TOUCH OF THE FT 950 TUNER BUTTON BROUGHT IT DOWN TO 1.1:1 ACROSS THE ENTIRE 15 METER BAND. NOW IT IS 1.1:1 ON 21.412 WITH OR WITHOUT THE TUNER.

THAT EVENING I WAS NET CONTROL. WHEN I OPENED THE NET MY NET MANAGER W1VDE CALLED AND SAID I HAD NEVER HAD A STRONGER SIGNAL INTO CHILOQUIN OR. I RECEIVED THE SAME REPORT FROM OTHER NET MEMBER AROUND THE WORLD.

I HAVE USED THE GROUND PLANE FOR SEVERAL MONTHS. IT PERFORMS TO MY EXPECTATIONS. OTHERS ON THE NET BACK UP MY EVALUATIONS. ANYONE WANTING TO PURCHASE A VERTICAL OR VERTICAL GROUND PLANE CAN NOT GO WRONG WITH A ZEROFIVE ANTENNA. TOM DELIVERS!