Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | Alpha Antenna 6-80 Meter EzMilitary system Help

Reviews Summary for Alpha Antenna 6-80 Meter EzMilitary system
 Alpha Antenna 6-80 Meter EzMilitary system Reviews: 14 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $199
Description: The 500 watt 6-80 Meter EzMilitary by Alpha Antenna is a fully self contained system that you can use with any antenna tuner. Fits into the included 3 x 4 x 16 inch padded bag with external pocket! Also included in this package: 13 foot element that breaks down into 15 inch sections with marine grade shock cord, Micro-Alpha Match with integrated SO-239 and 24x3/8 stud, Universal Jaw Mount, and Counterpoise.
More info: http://www.amateurradiostore.com/

You can write your own review of the Alpha Antenna 6-80 Meter EzMilitary system.

KE0CKF Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2015 15:43 Send this review to a friend
HOA Friendly  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Living in an HOA is a problem. The Alpha goes up fast and works good from my home. First day got a 5,200 mile contact in Spain on 12 meters from Denver. I can't wait for field day to see it work.

KK4KWZ Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2015 03:27 Send this review to a friend
The Alpha Antenna Is The Real Deal  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received the Alpha EZ-Military Antenna in the beginning of 2-2015. First let me start out by saying that Steve is a real class act to talk with and answered all of my question before I placed my order and has answered all of my emails in a timely matter. I am looking forward to meeting with him in person at Hamcation 2015 in Orlando. Instead of me telling you how I liked this antenna let me share with you two videos that I posted to my Youtube channel that will show the antenna and let you see it being deployed from the balcony of my condo in Florida.

In the first video you will see the antenna as it comes to your home in the bag to your specifications: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qie3ynllJ3c

The second video will show you the antenna being deployed from the balcony of my condo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v_Dl6-oSfo

This would be a great choice for those of you that live in a HOA- condo-apartment or restricted community.

i will being doing more videos with the alpha ez military antenna in the coming year from portable locations using solar power and seeing how the antenna performs and will share that information with you so stop by often for updates.

If you don't have the alpha ez military antenna in your arsenal of antennas you need to get one.

Miguel KK4KWZ

KC6NRE Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2014 12:42 Send this review to a friend
Found Gold in this multi-band multi-use antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I use the EzMilitary that comes as one of the 3 antennas in the Gold edition package from Alpha Antenna. It's become my primary base antenna, and my HyGain vertical and G5RV that saw many years of use are now my backup antennas. This antenna is quieter than my G5RV at 35 feet and has a good 3-4 S-Units more on transmit and receive than either of my other two antennas.

I wouldn't leave the tripod out year round, but it's good to leave out for a week or two...definitely a good field day tripod. For year round outdoor installation, I use the stainless steel jaw mount that comes with the system. The Gold edition also does have a bit larger bag than the standard EzMilitary version. This larger bag accomodates the tripod, included Counterpoise, and all the other things that make this combination package a 'best value' among any other manufacturers antenna systems (in my opinion). It even came with the 5 foot mobile whip so that the system can be used as a mobile antenna. I didn't even have to buy another mount, as I use it on my trimag mount in the middle of the roof of my car, which works as good as any of my Hamsticks that I now don't have to change because this is a multi-band antenna!

It would be a crime if I failed to mention the great service that Steve, James, or the rest of their crew have provided whenever I email or call them. And another thing, once you hold the Mil-Stick whip or Alpha Match that they build, you will understand how tough their products are no matter how extreme your environment is.

W8DMM Rating: 5/5 Oct 29, 2014 07:28 Send this review to a friend
Best antenna I have ever owned.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I will make it short and sweet. One of the best antennas I have ever owned. It out performed my G5RV which was up 70 feet. This is 13 feet from ground up. If I hear them I can contact them. Little pricy but worth it. W8DMM

K0JUA Rating: 5/5 Oct 28, 2014 12:48 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
17 countries and too many stateside QSOs to count after using it the first time. It is easy to put up and take down and the parts are very sturdy. The company also is very customer oriented. I needed some parts and the response was immediate. Most small portable antennas do not live up to their claims; this one does.

KB5FLA Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2014 04:03 Send this review to a friend
Update on my review  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
On a recent trip to Sint Maarten this antenna allowed me to make many contacts mainly into Europe from my resort balcony. Clamped it onto the railing and dropped the counterpoise down the side of the building from our 5th floor room. Had to use it horizontally but still worked really well. So easy to pack for the trip with the 16 inch case easily fitting into my luggage along with the rest of my radio gear including my ICOM 7000. Only took a few minutes to deploy and be on the air. Ideal rig for travelling by airline. Now plan to convert to mobile use with the whip antenna and jam mount. Another great product from Alpha Antenna in my neighboring state of Missouri.

VY1GP Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2014 13:26 Send this review to a friend
First Class!   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have several quality antennas from Alpha Antenna. This is my latest - a 13' vertical that packs in 16" bag.

After trying it in my front yard for several weeks, I took it camping twice. It sets up quicker than my tent. It is very quiet and has low SWR across the bands. A small LDG tuner gets it down even lower, but not really necessary. I was really surprised and pleased to hear all those stations clearly that I couldn't hear at home with a small beam antenna.

I really like how small it packs up in one bag, including with the HF enhancement kit and how light weight it is. I have difficulties getting a wire antenna up in some of our spruce trees. This is the answer. It will certainly be part of my canoeing package next summer.

Hmmm, perhaps backpacking too. I have been working on a small photo backpack bag for the radios and antenna. In any case, it hardly takes any space for traveling by small car or airplane.

I recently made an adapter so that I can use the 13'whip with my Alpha MOTO mobile antenna when stationary. I can change from the 5' stainless whip quickly.

see photos http://www.qrz.com/db/VY1GP

George VY1GP

KB5FLA Rating: 5/5 Jul 7, 2014 00:54 Send this review to a friend
Antenna in a 16 in bag  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Usual great quality from Alpha Antenna. I have several of their antennas and all have been fantastic. This one fits in a 16 inch long bag which I plan to take on a trip soon. I set it up on my deck and promptly contacted a station in Cuba from my home in Arkansas using 100 watts and CW. Easy to tune with my LDG auto tuner and ICOM 7000. The folding aluminum vertical element seems very durable and so easy to fold compared to a collapsible whip style. I am excited about being able to move this unit to mobile use when back from my trip with the add on kit they sell for only $30.

KD0UIH Rating: 5/5 Jun 2, 2014 14:35 Send this review to a friend
Well Done!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Wow! My first contact with the Alpha EzMilitary antenna was busting through a pileup for W1AW/0 in Missouri. Very impressive! It went up quickly and easily. The build quality is solid and clean; and the jaw clamp is very versatile which is just what I needed.

After a bit of shopping around for a simple and rugged portable antenna, I decided the Alpha EzMilitary was the one for me. Right out of the bag I was impressed with this antenna system and pleased with my decision.

Customer service is unbeatable! The owner took the time to send personal emails regarding questions I had which made the transaction easy and pleasant.

This Alpha EzMilitary antenna rocks! Keep up the great work Steve!

KB9KZO Rating: 5/5 May 21, 2014 11:39 Send this review to a friend
Just Wow!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this antenna at Dayton 2014. I took it out and attached the supplied jaw clamp to one of my tripods. Connected everything and my first contact was with Indy 500 Speedway Special Event station. The Second was with a Italian station. Great antenna....don't have to change taps either. Just wonderful customer service also with Steve.