Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | Alpha Antenna 6-80 Meter EzMilitary system Help

Reviews Summary for Alpha Antenna 6-80 Meter EzMilitary system
Alpha Antenna 6-80 Meter EzMilitary system Reviews: 44 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $249
Description: Rated for operations from QRP to 500 watts, the pencil thin 13' MilStick whip and associated components of the EzMilitary antenna enables you to achieve a SWR of 1.1:1 on 6-80 meters by pressing a single button on your broadband antenna tuner. Our design also allows 60 second deployment and is rated and TESTED to withstand an F1 tornado. Simply mount it closer to the ground to enhance NVIS performance or mount it higher to enhance DX type performance (minimum height is 18 inches and there is no maximum height).
More info: http://www.amateurradiostore.com/

You can write your own review of the Alpha Antenna 6-80 Meter EzMilitary system.

NO8P Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2016 10:00 Send this review to a friend
Great portable antenna system  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The East River Amateur Radio Club W8MOP used the Alpha E Z Military system at this years Mercer County Fair in Princeton, WV. held on August 5 and 6 this year. The radio used was my Kenwood TS 590 SG, stock mic and no amp was used. Band conditions were quite terrible but even with that, the EZ Military system performed as advertised. Actually even better than that. We had contacts from florida, Missouri, Georgia,Arizona, New Jersey, and Green Bay Wisconsin, and a station from Northern Idaho. The Idaho station told me he was approx. 30 miles from the Canadian border...a 5/7 signal report from him. The Missouri station gave us a 5/9 signal report and said we were "Booming"in to his station. This product is truly amazing in performance, it takes less than 5 min. to deploy and is made with the finest material and workmanship. The E Z Military antenna will be perfect to use at field day or any demonstration event for Ham radio. My Kenwood 590SG was set for 95 watts for most of the day, at times we used 70 watts. I also had the antenna on the 6 ft. tripod that can also be purchased from the fine folks that make this product. If you would happen to have any questions about this system, Steve and his staff are more than willing and certainly able to handle any questions you may have. We are going to help the local Boy Scout club JOTA this year and our ERARC is very anxious to deploy the A Z military system there. So much so several (at least 8) club members are seriously considering purchasing their own A Z antenna system themselves. My personal call is NO8P and I highly recommend the A Z Military System. Great price for an even Greater product.

N7XLR Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2016 19:11 Send this review to a friend
Follow up review  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a follow up to my negative review below. It turned out my antenna was still under warranty. And it was only the Alpha Match that broke. The whip and clamp were still good. Alpha Antenna contacted me about it, and wound up sending me a complete new antenna, including the whip, jaw clamp, and bag, which were all still good. But it gets better. They sent me a new improved version of the Alpha Match, made out of thick solid machined aluminum. All metal, no PVC. I just went out and put it up, and it appears to be working great. Already made a contact on 10 meters. I want to give kudos to this company. They take care of their customers. The new Alpha Match should make this one of the best portable antennas out there. And their customer service is second to none. While I just got it, I don't see it breaking anytime soon, if ever. Very professionally made. Thanks again Alpha Antenna, I would not hesitate to recommend this antenna to anyone. Jerry, N7XLR.

K9CIZ Rating: 5/5 Jul 4, 2016 11:05 Send this review to a friend
4.5/5 - Was good, then they did better  Time owned: more than 12 months
Back when I operated, I used electical grease on the elements inserts to ensure continuity. The MilStick whip and Counterpoise would connect to the Alpha Match that sits on the Jaw Mount, which all deployed quickly from the 16 inch bag, to form an ingeniously designed OCF dipole. Once deployed, it would consistently out perform other similar systems when compared on an A/B switch, which is likely because the 13 foot element is the longest ALUMINUM whip that is included as a standard configuration of any portable system. The whole antenna system even repackaged easily back into the 16 inch bag! I learned this system could even operate mobile with a 5 foot whip and that it could be an EndFed antenna that requires no antenna tuner be used. Overall, I experienced only fast/good technical support from Alpha, where never did I hear a negative word, even when given the opportunity. In the end, this system was a better performer than my G5RV, but it didn't out perform my 20 and 40 meter fan dipole between two trees at 30 feet. So, if you set your expectations appropriately, then you'll likely rate this antenna a 5/5, but the only affordable alternative that would likely exceed my 4.5/5 expectations/experience is the Alpha Multiband system. If you've not gotten a chance to see it, then it would serve you well to go to their web site and take a look at the well written technical manual.

WA7SGS Rating: 5/5 Jun 30, 2016 16:16 Send this review to a friend
FD 2016 showed how well the antenna would work  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Having bought the Alpha EZ Military with the NVIS wire and then adding the 80m 60' wire, I wondered how FD 2016 would go.

At 5:30 PM PT, with no one on 80m other than a casual state net with most members being in the Willamette Valley and me being in the Oregon Coast's biggest radio hole (Port Orford), I successfully completed a 5x8 QSO with an operator in Cottage Grove. Had I been set up for emcomm in my home QTH of North Bend, this result projects into a successful contact with the state EOC in Salem.

As funny as it sounds, my shortest QSO was the one that made me the happiest! The antenna system performed as well as I hoped. On 20m and 40m I also was able to make contact with Alaska, Alberta, Southern California and Ohio. The power being used was 50W with the radio being a Kenwood TS-50. Power came from an Aspect Solar 300 unit.

WB2MSB Rating: 5/5 May 31, 2016 17:21 Send this review to a friend
Fast set up and it works!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been using the alpha EZ military vertical for about a month now. On my deck, at the beach and in the woods. With and without the counterpoise. Set on a 5ft metal mast and just clamped to a wooden fence. With a Yeasu FT450d most bands are tunable with the internal tuner down to 1.2 or better. A few frequencies needed an external tuner but also got down to 1.1 or 1.3. The best idea I had (though it may be obvious to smarter Hams than me) is that I purchased some 3/8-24 wing nuts to use with the mounting bolt instead of the plain nut (which I kept dropping). I carry this antenna in my go box along with a 40m end fed Zep, but the Alpha EZ works better in most situations. They should make the bag a little bigger to allow easier packing and some room for a coax.

AJ4VC Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2016 08:54 Send this review to a friend
impressed by quality of materials, easy setup and performance  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was looking for an antenna system that is quick and easy to deploy, a good performer and made of quality materials. The Alpha 6-80M EzMilitary Gold system meets all requirements and more! I plan to use the antenna system primarily for camping trips as well as Field Day activities. I have just begun to use the antenna system and early results are most encouraging. I like the ability to configure multiple antenna systems from this one compact package. Also, I must mention that reception using this system is fantastic. I plan to add a follow-up review once I have used the system more. Finally, and importantly, you will not find better customer service than that found with Steve. He is readily available to answer any questions you may have and shipment is very timely via USPS Priority Mail.

K4OKI Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2016 12:47 Send this review to a friend
My 11 year old set it up and worked a DX PILE-UP  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This antenna system can be set up numerous ways depending on what you want to do, whether you want to work local HF, call DX or just get on the air and make contacts. The other plus to the antenna system is the versatility it offers depending on the environment you are operating in. It is easy to transport, set up, use and pack back up when you are done with it. Yes the components actually fit back in the bag. You don't need to fight with it, running the risk of damaging things.

My 11 year old daughter set the antenna up by herself in about 5 minutes and she was on the air (with me by her side). In moments she was working a mini pileup (it lasted a solid 15 minutes before she needed a break... She actually had to call her Grandpa to tell him all about "her pile-up"). She was beyond excited! Most of the stations coming back to her were Switzerland, Romania, Russia, Poland, Czech Republic as well as Argentina and Bonaire Island. The antenna performed as described and advertised.

My experience with customer service was top notch when I called and placed my order.

N7MHZ Rating: 5/5 May 2, 2016 07:20 Send this review to a friend
Update to previous review, better than I thought!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is an update to my previous review, even though I gave it 5 stars, wish I could give it 10! This thing just performs and does it VERY well. I've worked about 10 countries and several states, (lost count after 20) and just super fun. This has a very distinct purpose, to get you on the air and making contacts, FAST!!! I've gone to lengthening the provided counterpoise wire and boosted it up higher using a extension painters pole and just killer performance. Fantastic receive antenna and super quiet unlike the wires or slopers I've tried. Steve provides fantastic after sale care as well, very important in any business where the landscape is filled with businesses that sell a product and if issue, questions etc, you have to chase them. Not these guys, top notch.

W0MGA Rating: 5/5 May 2, 2016 05:25 Send this review to a friend
Easy, fast, fun, and it works!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am very pleased with the Alpha Antenna 6-80 Meter EzMilitary "system." Purchased the Gold version that includes the tripod.

The system is extremely easy to deploy: under 5 minutes on the tripod. I work only portable, so this system is awesome for me as I live in an HOA restricted neighborhood and a XYL restricted house.

Deployed the system using the vertical whip each day over the past couple of weekends in a couple of different locations with great results. I did add the 4 additional counterpoise kit to the standard set up which improved the performance for me.

Despite the poor band conditions in most of April, we were able to make great contacts both in Europe and US. I worked this weekend (Apr 30/May 1) over 12 hours Saturday and Sunday with awesome results: Spain, Wales, Scotland, Croatia, Slovenia, Catalina Island, Martinique, many US QSO etc.. Worked 10, 17, 20, and 40m.

Prior to purchasing the Alpha Antenna 6-80 Meter EzMilitary system, I communicated with Steve N0TES. Also, had questions after receiving the antenna and Steve was very prompt with his responses. I appreciate the prompt responses, many which occurred at odd hours.

The Alpha Antenna 6-80 Meter EzMilitary system is just what I have been looking for.

N2SRK Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2016 20:58 Send this review to a friend
A "Must" for any backpacker/QRPer, E-Comms  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had the opportunity to deploy the EZ Military antenna this past weekend. After 22" of snow a week ago, the time was right to enjoy plenty of sunshine and 60F temps.

Band conditions last week were less than desirable. Nonetheless, the weather was a fair balance to the poor conditions. From Colorado, on 5W output, my first three contacts were to France, Spain, and Mexico. Not bad for 5W and poor band conditions.

Setup took less than 3 minutes to set up the whip, counterpoise, and jaw clamp. The construction of the product is solid. Can you throw it around and abuse it? No, but why would you? Will it withstand steady wind gusts? Sure will. Had a several 25mph gusts in the hour I was playing radio. No issue whatsoever.

The compact size and great carry bag makes this my "must" have for any outdoor excursion to the backyard, mountain-top, or the park. If you live in a HOA that has issues with antennas, this is the perfect option for a quick setup/takedown antenna that will appease the neighbors and HOA enforcers.

The name doesn't sell the product, the proof-in-pattern performance sells this product. Look at the other reviews and the huge majority of reviews echo the same sentiments. Steve, N0TES, and the team at Alpha Antenna are top notch and were very quick to respond to a basic question I had. They have a customer for life.