Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | Alpha Antenna 6-80 Meter EzMilitary system Help

Reviews Summary for Alpha Antenna 6-80 Meter EzMilitary system
 Alpha Antenna 6-80 Meter EzMilitary system Reviews: 11 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $199
Description: The 500 watt 6-80 Meter EzMilitary by Alpha Antenna is a fully self contained system that you can use with any antenna tuner. Fits into the included 3 x 4 x 16 inch padded bag with external pocket! Also included in this package: 13 foot element that breaks down into 15 inch sections with marine grade shock cord, Micro-Alpha Match with integrated SO-239 and 24x3/8 stud, Universal Jaw Mount, and Counterpoise.
More info: http://www.amateurradiostore.com/

You can write your own review of the Alpha Antenna 6-80 Meter EzMilitary system.

W8DMM Rating: 5/5 Oct 29, 2014 07:28 Send this review to a friend
Best antenna I have ever owned.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I will make it short and sweet. One of the best antennas I have ever owned. It out performed my G5RV which was up 70 feet. This is 13 feet from ground up. If I hear them I can contact them. Little pricy but worth it. W8DMM

K0JUA Rating: 5/5 Oct 28, 2014 12:48 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
17 countries and too many stateside QSOs to count after using it the first time. It is easy to put up and take down and the parts are very sturdy. The company also is very customer oriented. I needed some parts and the response was immediate. Most small portable antennas do not live up to their claims; this one does.

KB5FLA Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2014 04:03 Send this review to a friend
Update on my review  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
On a recent trip to Sint Maarten this antenna allowed me to make many contacts mainly into Europe from my resort balcony. Clamped it onto the railing and dropped the counterpoise down the side of the building from our 5th floor room. Had to use it horizontally but still worked really well. So easy to pack for the trip with the 16 inch case easily fitting into my luggage along with the rest of my radio gear including my ICOM 7000. Only took a few minutes to deploy and be on the air. Ideal rig for travelling by airline. Now plan to convert to mobile use with the whip antenna and jam mount. Another great product from Alpha Antenna in my neighboring state of Missouri.

VY1GP Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2014 13:26 Send this review to a friend
First Class!   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have several quality antennas from Alpha Antenna. This is my latest - a 13' vertical that packs in 16" bag.

After trying it in my front yard for several weeks, I took it camping twice. It sets up quicker than my tent. It is very quiet and has low SWR across the bands. A small LDG tuner gets it down even lower, but not really necessary. I was really surprised and pleased to hear all those stations clearly that I couldn't hear at home with a small beam antenna.

I really like how small it packs up in one bag, including with the HF enhancement kit and how light weight it is. I have difficulties getting a wire antenna up in some of our spruce trees. This is the answer. It will certainly be part of my canoeing package next summer.

Hmmm, perhaps backpacking too. I have been working on a small photo backpack bag for the radios and antenna. In any case, it hardly takes any space for traveling by small car or airplane.

I recently made an adapter so that I can use the 13'whip with my Alpha MOTO mobile antenna when stationary. I can change from the 5' stainless whip quickly.

see photos http://www.qrz.com/db/VY1GP

George VY1GP

KB5FLA Rating: 5/5 Jul 7, 2014 00:54 Send this review to a friend
Antenna in a 16 in bag  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Usual great quality from Alpha Antenna. I have several of their antennas and all have been fantastic. This one fits in a 16 inch long bag which I plan to take on a trip soon. I set it up on my deck and promptly contacted a station in Cuba from my home in Arkansas using 100 watts and CW. Easy to tune with my LDG auto tuner and ICOM 7000. The folding aluminum vertical element seems very durable and so easy to fold compared to a collapsible whip style. I am excited about being able to move this unit to mobile use when back from my trip with the add on kit they sell for only $30.

KD0UIH Rating: 5/5 Jun 2, 2014 14:35 Send this review to a friend
Well Done!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Wow! My first contact with the Alpha EzMilitary antenna was busting through a pileup for W1AW/0 in Missouri. Very impressive! It went up quickly and easily. The build quality is solid and clean; and the jaw clamp is very versatile which is just what I needed.

After a bit of shopping around for a simple and rugged portable antenna, I decided the Alpha EzMilitary was the one for me. Right out of the bag I was impressed with this antenna system and pleased with my decision.

Customer service is unbeatable! The owner took the time to send personal emails regarding questions I had which made the transaction easy and pleasant.

This Alpha EzMilitary antenna rocks! Keep up the great work Steve!

KB9KZO Rating: 5/5 May 21, 2014 11:39 Send this review to a friend
Just Wow!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this antenna at Dayton 2014. I took it out and attached the supplied jaw clamp to one of my tripods. Connected everything and my first contact was with Indy 500 Speedway Special Event station. The Second was with a Italian station. Great antenna....don't have to change taps either. Just wonderful customer service also with Steve.

KD5QHB Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2014 12:42 Send this review to a friend
SURPRISED  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I set the antenna up in 5 minutes. First contact Brazil from the backyard at 6.5 feet. I continued with numerous contacts across the country. This antenna is amazing and does everything as advertised with the bonus of being able to tune 80 meters with an off board tuner and no counteropoise. I must mention that the tripod was damaged upon delivery. I contacted customer service and received a brand new one two days later no questions asked. Now thats customer service you no longer see these days!! I highly recommend this portable antenna!!!

K2YNY Rating: 5/5 Dec 10, 2013 12:42 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT ANTENNA  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
OUT OF THE BOX, TOOK ABOUT 5 MINUTES TO DEPLOY. FIRST CONTACT WAS RT5A IN RUSSIA. 17M ON A 5/7 ON 100 WATTS, OE3MXA AUSTRIA, 12M ON A 5/5. ITS UP AT ABOUT 14 FEET. WHAT A FANTASTIC PORTABLE ANTENNA. AGAIN, ALPHA ANTENNA HAS DONE IT AGAIN. YOU CAN DEPLOY IT ANYWHERE. THE CRAB CLAW MOUNT IS FANTASTIC, AND WILL CLAMP ONTO ANYTHING UP TO 2 INCHES

KB9HHI Rating: 5/5 Oct 24, 2013 20:45 Send this review to a friend
What's up with these Alpha Antennas!?!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've the ProMaster Sr from these guys and it is pretty amazing, but needed (ahem...wanted) a lighter solution for back packing. I bought this antenna based upon the single review, and seriously! This thing rocks!! This thing is so solid, I can't imagine ever having to replace ANY of the parts! Trust it as your go to antenna, I do. The performance of this antenna is outstanding. What is up with these Alpha Antennas!?! Simply put, they bust pile ups, bring home the DX, and well...what are you waiting for? Go buy one...you'll love the antenna and by the way, the service from these guys is down home good. Can't wait to try their magnetic Alpha Loop, MOTO, or some satellite on the Sky system!