Reviews Categories | QRP Radios (5 watts or less) | X1M Transceiver - Chonqinq Xiegu Technology Co., Ltd. Help

Reviews Summary for X1M Transceiver - Chonqinq Xiegu Technology Co., Ltd.
X1M Transceiver -  Chonqinq Xiegu Technology Co., Ltd. Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $349.95
Description: 5 watt QRP multi-band transciever (80, 40, 20, 15 & 10 meters)
SSB (USB/LSB), CW. Built-in keyer, 32 memory pairs.
More info: /http://www.wouxun.us/item.php?item_id=302&category_id=65

You can write your own review of the X1M Transceiver - Chonqinq Xiegu Technology Co., Ltd. .

ZS4U Rating: 4/5 Mar 28, 2014 15:08 Send this review to a friend
Good value for money!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have owned mine for a couple of months and mainly use it as a bed side receiver. However, it has pleasantly surprised me when I used it to transmit and make no mistake - it hears pretty well! No, it does not have AGC or an S meter and the internal keyer is not user friendly. It has some misspelled labeling but, you do get a capable QRP transceiver that will not deplete your budget. It is fun and lend itself to a lot of tinkering to make improvements. Join the Yahoo group and find out!

KK4ITX Rating: 4/5 Mar 27, 2014 19:00 Send this review to a friend
  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been watching this rig for over a year and took the plunge a few weeks ago. It takes time to gather everything together to operate in the park on battery power.

My very first SSB contact after working my way through a pileup was to Poland from Zephyrhills, FL (5,700+ miles), my second contact was to Switzerland a little closer. This unit has my kind of receiver (pitch and so on) my hearing is not good.

I did have to tighten up the BNC antenna connector but that gave me the opportunity to view the guts and I was pleasantly surprised at the neatness of the work.

Great rig especially for the money and Ed at Import Communications works hard for his customers.

I don't think that you will have more fun by spending 2-3X the $$$.

I am now putting all my stuff in a Plano pistol case and hauling my butt out to the beach !

M0GFN Rating: 3/5 Dec 18, 2013 13:02 Send this review to a friend
Good Idea, good price, nice receiver, quality problems  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Had to have one of these and managed to find what must have been the only unit left in the UK.
It looks and feels better than any of the pics I had looked at and when I switched it on the display although small was crisp, bright and easy to read.
The receiver was excellent and showed no signs of overload on 40m in the UK on an evening when the commercial stations are S9+40 just off the amateur band.
I was eager to get started and having a couple of QSOs, reports came back that the transmit audio was raspy. When tried the following day reports were fine, then a day latter raspy again.
Although I am not a CW man I tried keying the radio and it locked at key down, I had to turn the radio off to key up. This happened several times.
Next I checked the power output and found that the spec. was fine except the 1st 200KHz of 10m where the power fell from its spec. of minimum 4.5W down to 2.5W at the start of the band.
I really wanted to keep this radio but had to send it back for a refund.
Although a good concept for a very small, inexpensive qrp transceiver the problems I had only warrant a generous 3 out of 5. Had there been no problems I would have happily given the radio 5. I liked this radio so much I will probably buy another when stock comes into the UK.
If I have problems next time I will return and forget the whole idea.

VE3FAL Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2013 08:37 Send this review to a friend
Great Radio,Great Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I first tested the X1M in August 2012 and the radio needed lots of work for the North American and European markets. Since then the company has come a long way to satisfying customers with changes, firmware upgrades and add ons for these little radios.
Computer control of the radio, outboard filtering, new display and buttons and much more.
Ed at import communications has done wonders with communicating and passing on information to the company as well as providing excellent non-stop service to his customers.
There is much more to come for this radio and it can only get better as time, input and great service like Ed's continue.
There is also an add-on AGC board for this radio as well as a 20 watt amplifier that will be available soon.

W3FIS Rating: 5/5 Aug 19, 2013 18:02 Send this review to a friend
GREAT Radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Vast improvement over earlier model. Will give the Ft-817ND radio a run for its money. Can be run from HRD, does digital modes with the proper interface.