Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Joplin Amateur Radio Club Antenna Launcher Kit Help

Reviews Summary for Joplin Amateur Radio Club Antenna Launcher Kit
Joplin Amateur Radio Club  Antenna Launcher Kit Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $50 including freight in the USA
Description: Pneumatic Antenna Launcher Kit
More info: http://www.joplin-arc.org/

You can write your own review of the Joplin Amateur Radio Club Antenna Launcher Kit.

W2LJ Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2014 11:22 Send this review to a friend
Works great!  Time owned: more than 12 months
In the past, I always used a homebrewed version of the EZ Hang. I was never able to get the slingshot to get the line as high as I desired, though. In addition, some slingshots are illegal here in NJ, specifically the ones that have wrist braces.

I saw this Antenna Launcher on YouTube and decided to buy one. It has been one of the best purchases I have made in a long time. It goes together easily, quickly and works perfectly. I do a lot of outdoor QRP operating in parks and I can clear a 70 foot tree without breaking a sweat on the first attempt.

There's only one down side to having one of these. Once your friends know you have it, it's like owning a pickup truck on moving day - EVERYBODY is your buddy when it's antenna installation time!

AC7GI Rating: 5/5 Jan 19, 2014 09:45 Send this review to a friend
Best Value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Antenna arrived ahead of schedule and worked better than advertised. I can't see using a more expensive Antenna Launcher. Follow the instructions and you will be hanging antennas in 1/2 hour. Zebco 202 reels can be purchased on eBay for $10.00, free shipping. Try to avoid using an open faced reel

K8JH Rating: 5/5 Nov 23, 2013 10:29 Send this review to a friend
great wire ant tool  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have used this unit multiple times installing wire antennas in 50' trees. It works very well. I am well satisfied with its performance. It takes a little practice with air pressure and launch angles, but it is a very effective antenna installation tool. A great investment.

KB3NFM Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2013 18:11 Send this review to a friend
Practical and FUN  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The Antenna Launcher Kit is both practical and FUN! As stated in the clear and precise instructions, be sure to use PVC cleaner and adhesive to securely bond the parts together. I filled the projectile with sand and a few lead weights. With a little practice and using good old ďKentucky Windage ď its easy and fun to place the projectile where you want it. As with any launcher you must be careful of whatís beyond your intended target. Iíve tried strong fishing line but prefer masons line in bright florescent colors. I justified the purchase to my wife not as a toy spud gun but a technically advanced, sophisticated antenna installation tool. It also helps support the Joplin ARC. Did I mention itís also Fun?

N9QGU Rating: 5/5 Sep 1, 2013 17:47 Send this review to a friend
It is easy to assemble and gets the job done.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This kit is easy to put together. Make sure you read the instructions and take your time. Prime the PVC first and make sure you use enough glue to get a good seal. The whole process took about 20 minutes.

I found a really nice assembly video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2MO0N4cewo

The kit comes with PVC projectiles. The projectiles are used to carry fishing line that is then used to pull the antenna support rope over the trees. I live in a neighborhood with small yards and big houses. I was afraid that the PVC projectiles might take out a window. So, I made a modification. So that instead of using the PVC projectiles, it now propels a miniature tennis ball. These tennis balls are smaller and much thicker than a standard tennis ball. They are sold in pet stores for dogs. I found that they fit nicely in a 2 inch PVC.

I went to my local Home Depot and was able to find the appropriate pieces to adapt a 2 inch barrel to the 1.25 inch connector on the launcher. Using 50lbs of pressure it is capable of launching the tennis balls several hundred feet in the air.

There is also a much smaller "Kong" tennis ball that is sold in the pet aisle of my grocery store. It is about the size of a golf ball. I found these to be too light.

Overall I am very pleased with the purchase. Yes, I could have bought the parts myself, cheaper. But probably not that much cheaper. Considering I would have had to buy a tap for the Schrader valve. Besides,the profit goes to a good cause. It helps support a radio club.