Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | AOR SA7000 Help

Reviews Summary for AOR SA7000
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $279.95
Description: Super Wideband Base Aerial System
More info: http://www.aorusa.com

You can write your own review of the AOR SA7000.

N7FAE Rating: 5/5 Sep 6, 2013 16:45 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: more than 12 months
NOTE: THIS IS AN RX ONLY ANTENNA.

I live in a Beach area with antenna restrictions, but needed a good WB 'do it all' antenna for use with my Yaesu VR5000 and more recently my AOR AR5001D RECEIVER. This antenna is VERY stealth, and hardly noticeable to my neighbors. I also have a 40m end-fed antenna for the Ham Bands and another 60' End-Fed Shortwave antenna (with a 9:1 Balun), both only a few inches off the roof. This Antenna beats them all on receive - - even on Longwave. I know that's hard to believe but I've been a Ham/SWL for 40 years and an Antenna Engineer so please bear that in mind when I say this. Yes, it's expensive for what appears to be a 'simple vertical' but check out it's specs - it has fabulous flat bandwidth over it's intended frequency range. Yes, of course, the 60' End Fed SWL antenna gives greater signal strengths, but also much greater noise - bottom line is that the SA7000 is much quieter (some of this has to do with it's Vertical vs Horizontal orientation), and ends up providing a much more readable signal with a better signal to noise ratio. I can't even hear a NDB Beacon on 263 khz about 100 miles from here on either my Ham or 'SWL' antenna, but it comes in loud and clear on the SA7000.