Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | PAR HF Omni Angle Help

Reviews Summary for PAR HF Omni Angle
PAR HF Omni Angle Reviews: 21 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $100
Description: A very light and small horizontally polarized antenna with a near circular radiation pattern. It can be configured for 20-17-15-12-10m operation by changing a matching adapter. Ideal for traveling, field day, and HOA-defying installations.
More info: http://www.parelectronics.com/hf-omnis.php

You can write your own review of the PAR HF Omni Angle.

N1CKQ Rating: 5/5 Jul 25, 2017 11:00 Send this review to a friend
Meets my 20 meter needs and then some  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This updates my earlier review of the Par Electronics HF-14……

Recently I purchased and assembled the 20M horizontal rectangle/OMNI HF-14 for 20 meters. Did considerable research for an antenna to suit both permanent and temporary QTHs which would effectively transmit and receive. Liking the reviews on eHAM.net which I read and You Tube videos I saw, I contacted Dale Parfitt, owner of Par Electronics for further info. Dale works primarily through emails which is better for me because all my questions and his responses are savable and printable for future reference.

I was totally impressed by his answers and more than that , with his "customer friendly approach". Following multiple emails at all hours of the day and days of the week(he seemingly never sleeps), I opted to purchase the HF-14 .

I have not been disappointed. Though only in use for about a week now, the antenna temporarily at 8 feet outperforms an off center fed dipole at 25 feet.

I can hear stations loud and clear with little or no noise that are in noise and not strong on the dipole. I can only imagine what the HF-14 will achieve at 30 feet or higher. As for signal reports I receive, they range from S4-9 depending upon time of day, states and countries. The other day I worked France from my Massachusetts QTH getting an S6-7 report. He was S7-8.

Power ranges from 25 to 100 watts.

I do not use a tuner. Though I am still making SWR adjustments. Presently, they are 1.9-2.4 depending upon frequency. Adjusting tuning rods is easy to lower SWR. My aim is to reduce SWR as low as possible but no greater than 2.0

Assembling the antenna following included details instructions was a snap. I took my time to be certain I did not mess up.

Admittedly, I was hesitant about purchasing the antenna based purely upon reviews. However, "diving in" as I did, brought smiles and satisfaction to me.

Trust me. You would not be disappointed buying this antenna or any off Dale's antenna products. I once owned his end fed SWL antenna which was stupendous.

As far as I'm concerned, Dale is totally into making sure his potential customers and customers are exceptionally pleased.

W4CWO Rating: 5/5 May 30, 2017 15:47 Send this review to a friend
Very Happy with my OA-50 Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the OA-50 to upgrade my 6 meter antenna from a dipole. I do not have the space in my non-HOA neighborhood to use a Yagi. The first day I had the antenna installed, the band was opened and I worked a bunch of stations I would not have even heard with the dipole. Plus, my ears think there is less QSB with this antenna.

For a space limited antenna, this one cannot be beat. 73!

WB0GKM Rating: 5/5 Jan 12, 2017 12:24 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna for 20m!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
If you need a small omni antenna that pleases the neighbors and your wife, this is the antenna to get. The performance has been outstanding!

The antenna went together super smooth and the quality of manufacture is excellent.

It only took 4 trips up the ladder to get it tuned to the part of 20m I use (14.067MHz) and I managed to get 1.2:1 for SWR.  This is the easiest to tune antenna I’ve every used.  Could have tuned it with less steps up the ladder but was taking only tiny changes.  Now that I have a feeling for how the antenna tunes, I could do it again in half the number of trips.

As for performance, my other antenna is a 1/4 wave 20m vertical wire with an SGC couple at the base with 20 radials.  In on air A/B testing, I can tell you this so far.  The HF-14 has 3 to 4 S units less noise than the vertical, even when the plasma TV is on in the house.  I was amazed at how much less background “fuzz” I had on the waterfall display on JT-65.  Night and day difference.  I might go back to SSB with this antenna!  LOL!  As for receive strength, it’s 1 to 2 S units better than the vertical but seems like more due to the reduction in background noise.

This is definitely a hidden gem in the antenna world for those of us that don’t have the space or supports for a dipole and want something more than a simple vertical.

N6JET Rating: 5/5 May 14, 2016 11:04 Send this review to a friend
Perfect Attic Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The HF Rectangle antennas are just great. My attic installation includes a Hf-14, HF-21 and HF28. Performance is so much better than anticipated and these horizontal omnis were the perfect choice for an attic installation.

WD9IDC Rating: 5/5 Apr 2, 2016 09:05 Send this review to a friend
I like it!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got the HF-18 up last weekend as I could finally get up on the roof after a long winter. I mounted it at a height of 30 ft and it tuned up easily. Well built and it went up in about 20 minutes. In the first hour of operation with the HF-18 I had contacts (all 5-9 to 5-7) with Venezuela, Costa Rica, Germany, Italy, and England. This antenna replaced my 17 meter dipole and it really performs great compared to the dipole. I am running an Alinco DX-SR8 at 75 watts so no big power on this end. For its size and weight it is a great antenna and if you buy one you will not be dissapointed with its performance.

WB9KMW Rating: 5/5 Dec 11, 2015 20:23 Send this review to a friend
Incredible Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I installed the HF-28 so I could have an omni-directional radiation pattern for my 10m SSTV beacon on 28.680 MHz. This light-weight Rectangle was a snap to assemble and install. Solid mechanical design! It took no time to obtain a 1:1 SWR. I then connected to my Kenwood TS-2000 transceiver, and I sure didn't expect the much greater signal volume relative to the modified CB whip dipole I replaced. In short order I received four SSTV pix from a ham in California, which was unusual for late in the afternoon. I am very satisfied.

K2WO Rating: 5/5 Dec 1, 2015 06:26 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
What can I say? This antenna is built like a tank, easy to assemble and works great. I own the 20 Meter version and find that it is perfect for portable operation. It assembles easily and works like a champ. The personal service by Dale (owner of Par) is the very best. I highly recommend this antenna and frankly, all Par products.

KD0VEB Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2015 14:22 Send this review to a friend
BUY THIS ANTENNA  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Was searching for a "low profile" HF antenna I could dedicate to 20M. Look no further, the Par Electronics HF14 is your answer. Lightweight, inconspicuous, reasonable price, tuned (in-place at 20 feet up) to 1.05...very nice...only took a few minutes. Owner Dale Parfitt is a pleasure to work with...quick response, EXCELLENT PERSONAL SERVICE...something very rare these days. This lightweight antenna (2.5#) is so easy-peasy, this 78-year-old Ham had no trouble installing by myself. Do yourself a favor: BUY THIS ANTENNA!

KD0VEB Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2015 11:18 Send this review to a friend
BUY THIS ANTENNA  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was searching for a low-profile antenna for dedicated 20M Ops. The HF14 is surprisingly lightweight, EZ assembly and no-hassle tuning using antenna analyzer (simply pull out rod ends). Light weight allowed this 78-year-old Ham to carry it up to its roof-top resting place affixed to a 1.25" PVC mast. Easy in-place tuning to 1.05 SWR. 5-10 minutes. Secured to mast and walked away. Pleased with the performance so far. This antenna is priced very fair and Dale Parfitt's PERSONAL SERVICE and attention to detail is a rare commodity these days. Best money I've spent lately! Happy Camper here.

W9WHF Rating: 5/5 Aug 19, 2014 13:59 Send this review to a friend
Easy to Deploy Very Efficient Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am in week 3 of testing the new OA-14B Omniangle antenna. The results, running both 5 watts and 80 watts have been very satisfying. I have worked 12 DX stations all over Europe and S.A. running 5 watts and a similar number running 80 watts. 20 Meters has been pretty quiet this summer except during early evening.Still, the OA-14B reached out and got me better than hoped for results. The antenna is a couple of db quieter than the comparable PAR/LnR Quad EF dipole, but reports are similar. I mounted it on a 16' painter's pole tie wrapped to my backyard wooden fence until the XYL complained it was ugly, so now I have to wait until she is gone. If anyone remembers the old 2M Saturn Squalow antenna, this is a much larger but similar appearance antenna. I can erect it in 3-5 minutes,extremely easy to assemble and mount. It is a very nifty portable or fixed antenna and omni-directional. The interchangable transformers make its flexibility quite nice.