Reviews Categories | Receivers: General Coverage | Tecsun PL-360 Help

Reviews Summary for Tecsun PL-360
Tecsun PL-360 Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$45
Description: LW/MW/SW/FM Stereo reciever

You can write your own review of the Tecsun PL-360.

K2MMM Rating: 5/5 Jun 2, 2014 19:53 Send this review to a friend
sw7600g side by side  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Equal if not better in some cases.Used the ETM scan feature then tuned the 7600g to the same freq.The 360 signal strength and audio were better than the Sony.The 360 has no ssb no sync no tone adjustment and no swiveling antenna! I am disappointed in the 7600 .FM was also great in the 360. I would say if you want a fit in your back pocket good sounding sensitive radio with no ssb at a 1/4 of the price of the current 7600gr....try this with the great ten scan feature..73

K2MMM Rating: 5/5 May 13, 2014 05:56 Send this review to a friend
great little radio!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I use mine at night with headphones so I dont wake my wife up. I live in New Jersey and im able to copy CHML Hamilton Ontario Canada with no problem and minimal fading. Nice size easily held like an HT.FM sounds great through headphones. If you want a very portable radio that has decent sound and decent reception I say this is a good value for you!

MARTESQUE Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2013 13:10 Send this review to a friend
For Size & Price, I'm Impressed  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Despite already owning "enough" radios, my wife said she'd buy this for me because it looked cool. Who was I to refuse?

Well, I was very surprised at how well this receiver performs. That external swivel antenna works incredibly well. The AM band is as sensitive as any Tecsun, Grundig or Sony I have. I have noticed that if you're listening to a local AM signal, adding the swivel antenna doesn't increase or overload the signal. According to the meter, it's the same strength whether it's plugged in or not. But for distant listening, it picks up every fringe signal in range. Superb night listening and it's not as susceptible to signal fading as other radio's I've used for DXing.

FM is very good, with the DSP chip providing excellent selectivity; picking out stations in-between stations. Shortwave is very sensitive and picks up all major broadcasters.

What makes this radio fun to use is the ETM feature, that automatically scans any / all bands and puts them in a separate memory for you. For beginner SW listeners, this is a great way to see what's out there without having to tune endlessly through all the meter bands. Also great when you're traveling and want to scan through AM / FM bands without disrupting your permanent memories. I've taken it to the beach, on bike rides or hiking and it fits nicely into a cargo pants' pocket or has different belt loop choices.

Sound is very impressive for such a small speaker and headphones provide FM stereo. (I like the fact that the volume control is analog, but that's a personal preference.) Plays forever on rechargeable batteries.

For the price, I'm really impressed - one of Tecsun's better performers. I'm hoping it holds up as well as my PL-390 (2 years).