Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | LZA 10-5 LZ Antennas Help

Reviews Summary for LZA 10-5 LZ Antennas
LZA 10-5  LZ Antennas Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $450
Description: 10 element 5 Band Yagi with only 4m Boomlenght and Fullsize-Elements
More info: http://lz-yagi-antenna.eu/

You can write your own review of the LZA 10-5 LZ Antennas.

DK8ZZ Rating: 5/5 Jan 10, 2017 07:00 Send this review to a friend
A Great antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
LZA 10-5 Beam Antenna is a solid manufactured antenna from Bulgaria. With shipment was all ok, needs only 5 days from LZ to DL. All parts were there.
A small boom, 2 elemet per band (10m with director) works FB. Of course, LZ production is not as Optibeam quality, but for 500 there is no better 2 element 5 band beam antenna. Aluminium is ok, the only thing is a contact between two tubes in element isn't always 100% tight. I must squeeze them with a pliers to be sure everything is ok.
SWR is more than ok, I have no 12m problem as HB9 colleague.
All 5 bands (20/17/15/12/10) are up to 1:1.5.

HB9OAB Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2016 10:59 Send this review to a friend
Unbeatable price-quality functionality!  Time owned: more than 12 months
The price is absolutely valid and interesting.

Paid and arrived within 10 days.

On the website I did not find much explanation that easily solve some problems of communication with the LZA or wrong material, if they were more clear and with full features.

A 10 elements HF fullsize at this price, less than half of all other antenna!
4m boom and a good profit!
Small antennas, small price and great performance from full-size antenna system for 10-12-15-17-20m!

I took the version for the tower, so that the cart had not given space problems.
At a price so you do not get anything in the field of antennas.

I mounted by only 2 days to put all the screws and bolts, hard work... (like for all antennas).
Then mounting on the tower at 25m from the ground and 12m from the roof.
Unfortunately, it arrived with the 50mm mast clamp and on the tower is of 60mm.
So I took the new 60mm clamp and I also built a home brev little "L" plate, to place better the antenna on mast and for to turn around the tower, all purchased here.
These two or three accessories cost more that antenna itself full of everything accessory...

I had a first 3 elements TH3MK of the same size but with the traps, here something else entirely.

The gain despite the "only" 2 elements I can compare it to a 2-3 elements fullsize pro band as the system agreement puts in use all the elements and fed something definitely better there as calculated with special software that improve their performance: and certainly much better than the TH3 - 3 elements with traps.

It works very well, but the explanations are a bit 'incomplete, ... sin.
However it is only aluminum and modified/mesured at will.

Work with DIPOLE+REFLECTOR on all band, while on 10m DIPOLE+DIRECTOR.

The 5 Dipole elements are fed alternated in parallel.

At 10m I had to stretch the elements as it was recommended by the company, otherwise the SWR was moved up to 28.8Mhz (not bad for my satellite activty MODE A 29.000-29.500MHz)

In 24MHz unfortunately I still have little high SWR (1:1.8/2) and should be shortened but I have not had time to do it because it is not serious, and I have not asked how to make the change in length that the LZA releases always without problems (anyway dip 1:1.1 at 24.800)

In fact it is very influenced by the surrounding material, and especially under her, like many other antennas, but the dip 1:1.1 exists on all 5 bands!

I continuous comparison with other antennas and can say that the LZA10-5 10el as it is, it works well.
All material is great and is complete with all stainless steel fasteners and excellent quality.
A complete package of aerial ultra-low prices, and that WORKS!

Despite only two elements is very directive and the FB exceptional.
LP with VK ZL JA soon I move to a 30-degree signal is attenuated greatly and FB do not hear anything from an strong signal !!!!.
Sometimes a base station appears out of nowhere.
I made connections unthinkable for my position on the vertical felt absolutely NOT! Even with the difference between S0 and S5 with DX stations!

If you are interested I have all the print screen of the DNA in each band and the antenna has been tested in comparison with a 3el and an AV640. LZA 10-5 always wins!

My alternative would have been a TA63N MOSLEY, other antenna limited to use where I live: in the city center.
However I definitely gained something on performance FULLSIZE antenna, maintenance and durability.

Missing only good propagation ... ;-)

73's Franco, HB9oab

IZ5DMQ Rating: 5/5 Sep 8, 2015 14:22 Send this review to a friend
easy great cheap  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
i bought this antenna directly from George , in the factory.
the antenna works very well all bands.

very easy and with a very good price...

DJ7ZZ Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2013 22:46 Send this review to a friend
Nice System  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Some Friends bought this antenna a few month ago, after I showed them the smaller 3 Band Model 6-3.
Now after some month of using the 10-5 they were realy satisfied. The Material is very strong. Square Boom, strong plates, thick Elements. The LZA10-5 works on all Bands like a fullsize 2 ele Yagi with little bit more Gain on 12/10m. The F/B on 10/12 is vy strong. The feeding is with one Coax throgh a 2KW Balun and the phasing Line. A friend lives only 3km away and we made a test with some US Stations on 17m. My 3ele Ultrabeam against his LZA10-5. He work all Stations I work.
All I can say, Nice Product, Nice Price, well made