Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | Telex 760 Airman Headset Help

Reviews Summary for Telex 760 Airman Headset
Telex 760 Airman Headset Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $99.00
Description: Overview
The Telex Airman 760 has dual, dynamic receivers with foam cushions for lightweight comfort. (Note: The 760 is identical to the 750, except that it doesn't come with an amplifier or microphone.)
Features
The Airman 760 is a FAA-TSO approved headphone. It's benefits include:
 Ultra lightweight design that weighs only three ounces
 Single, overhead cord and dual, dynamic receivers with replaceable cushions
 Adjustable headband with reduced clamping pressure for fewer hot spots t
 Made in the U.S.A.
More info: http://www.telex.com/us/aviation/product/Airman_750/1074?fam[]=52

You can write your own review of the Telex 760 Airman Headset.

KIL9JK Rating: 5/5 Sep 20, 2013 19:02 Send this review to a friend
Great for Ham and SWL!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The Telex Airman 760 (same as the 750 w/out the microphone) Aviation Headphones / Could this be a long-lost-hidden ham and shortwave listening secret?

I don't normally get too worked up about shortwave products, as my strict budget holds the restraints. I found a farly new pair on Ebay about 4 weeks ago for $24.95 and bought them. Surprisingly, this model is not listed on EHAM. That's a shame. ---- Over the years I have used Sennheiser, Koss, Sony, Radio Shack, Lafayette Radio, ear buds, alltogether about 10 different models---price ranging from $16.00 (ear buds(, to $175 (for the Sennheiser.) Other prices in-between. Some sounded fair, others, terrible. It seemed that we are always on the ever elusive search for the "perfect" headset..

None, and I mean none come even remotely close to this Telex headset. They really cut down on the ambient background static and hiss. The static, while there, is reduced in harshness, and are a bit nulled out. SSB is very pronounced in clarity. With the other models I've used the voice sounds seemed distant, as though the OP was 10-15 feet away talking in a higher voice, (even with tone set down). With the tellex, the voice is so clear, it is as though the operator was sitting next to you, 2-3 feet away. It's kind of hard to explain. The voice sounds more natural and clear. I've actually heard a HAM OP breathing when talking--the other headphones missed it completely.

With the other headsets including Hi-Fidelity it's as though listening to a voice transmission only fills up 40% to 60% of your ear, whereas these give you 90 to 95%. I guess that's the best way to describe them.
I do still have all of my other headphones (except the Lafayette) , (pack rat that I am) and did side-by-side comparisons with all, jumping back and forth. Nothing touched it. No other even came close to the 760.

I've always been a bit fussy with earphones, and am sure you all have favorites. Prices for radio filters, more bells and whistles on various radio sets, sometimes keep us from moving past the "standard factory model"---However, a good pair of headphones to me, is really an extension of your radio set. The 760's are light (3 ounces) open design, so sweaty / hot ears are not a problem.

If you ever have a chance to beg, borrow or steal (even buy) one of these bad boys, I really don't think your going to regret it. They come along on Ebay rather frequently much more cheaply than the 89-99 dollar list price