Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | STEALTH Telecom 9310 Help

Reviews Summary for STEALTH Telecom 9310
STEALTH  Telecom 9310 Reviews: 9 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $1500
Description: Fast automatic tuning and very rugged HF mobile antenna,160-10 meter,Pmax 125 Watt

You can write your own review of the STEALTH Telecom 9310.

K4PKR Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2015 09:11 Send this review to a friend
antenna mount  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
After a lot of looking I found that Alpha Technical Services makes a great mount for the Stealth 9300 series antennas. It is powder coated steel and can be used for both mobile & fixed installations. It is their model #ATS-7 & cost me $155 plus shipping. I contacted them at
ZENKI Rating: 3/5 Oct 2, 2015 02:47 Send this review to a friend
Copy of the Codan 9350  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned the original Codan for many years now. The Stealth Telecom is a copy of the Codan 9350. Thats the antenna and transceiver supplier to the UN, Red Cross and most international Aid and NGO's. The Stealth is copy of the Codan 9350. The Antenna you see mentioned in the review below is the Codan 9350. Codan also has a 9340 version which Icom has also copied in concept. The original Codan has been improved over several versions. The Current version is the 9350E

Another point about these original antennas versus the clones is that they have sensitive preamp that allows the antenna to be used as a active antenna for things like ALE scanning and frequency hopping. This can also be useful for tuning around the bands. I have used the 9350 with my Codan 9360 as a mobile for more than 10 years. Its a reliable antenna and the only bug is that the internal shaft coupler snaps every few years. If you do buy a Codan 9350 version make sure that the weather seals are intact because if the coil is corrosion damage you can throw it away.

At the end of the day the Codan version and the Stealth Telecom is just a base loaded antenna with poor efficiency when compared to the typical ham screwdriver. However this is an irrelevant point because it is mostly designed for low frequency short skip or NVIS propagation. The loss in efficiency is minor consideration when signals are strong and tuning convenience, frequency hopping and scanning is more important than chasing DX. The intended use should be always considered in the real world of HF commercial communication and safety of life is concerned, reliability and convenience is more important than cracking pileups.
N0CQV Rating: 5/5 Oct 1, 2015 18:34 Send this review to a friend
Stealth Telecom and the United Nations  Time owned: more than 12 months
Check out the front page of the Wall Street Journal for 9/30/2015. You'll find a photo of the Stealth Telecom antenna mounted on what appears to be a Toyota Landcruiser belonging to the United Nations. It is now in the hands of the Taliban in Afghanastan. If it's good enough for the UN, it's probably good enough for me...I own a 9310 and really like it's ease of operation. I have it connected to my Yaesu 857D in my Toyota 4Runner. My only problem is that I had to have a modification made to the 857D that prevented the current going from the radio to operate the antenna from blowing a small surface mounted fuse in the power circuit. Once the mod was made, it works like a champ.
Logan Bailor
KD9CDF Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2015 21:23 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding value, professional quality  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have had this antenna for six months and really appreciate the quality engineering and construction. I would buy another without hesitation.

While there are bigger, fatter, and elaborately "capped" tuning antennas available, this one is professionally engineered and tunes generally in about a second from 1.8 to 29mhz. Most of those others don't offer such fast tuning--not even close. (I believe one other may tune fairly quickly, but it is also far more expensive than the Stealth 9310)

Pros: Super fast tuning of antenna system, wide frequency range of operation, excellent engineering, quality materials, and flawless, enviable performance.

Cons: doesn't cover 6M band. Manufacturer is not in the U.S., but the U.S. distributor has a customer service department which is very responsive to me (ordered a spare cable and whip). I believe the maximum PEP is 250 watts.

Wish list: Though antenna system programming is quick and simple with a laptop, USB cable, and included software( most would do this only once upon installation), it would be nice to have yet a simpler way to switch radios and reprogram the antenna for automatic tune operation. [I should mention there is a brand/model-independent and automatic tuning mode with similarly awesome performance ("PTT"). However, that type of operation doesn't leverage the "Tune" button on my radio like the cable-specific installation I have chosen]

I could list how I have QSO'd with most continents and other anecdotes, but it would take too much space here. What is more important is this antenna consistently performs so well that many domestic and DX operators seem incredulous when they learn I am running an 8' mobile antenna with only 90 watts.

For an picture of the antenna installed, I like this example:

WB9AZY Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2015 06:24 Send this review to a friend
Best mobile antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have owned the antenna for around nine months. I have it mounted on a 2007 2500 Silverado pickup truck on a custom mount of my design. When I first tried to use it would not tune. I had ordered it to use with a Yaesu 857. After talking with their technical support people I hooked up the computer to it and found it was configured for a Icom. Took about 5 minutes to reconfigure it for yaesu radios. It tunes faster than I can blink. It has worked flawlessly ever since. Second contact was Germany on 20 meters. I have used it on 160 meters to work New Jersey from central Indiana. On 75 meters and I have talked all around the Midwest, 40 meters I have had contacts with England. 15 and 10 meters I have not used yet but look forward to this summer.
The only thing I wish about this antenna would work on 6 meters. I work portable and I am thinking about another one for portable use.
Comments, Make sure you have a good ground with the braided cable to the chassis and a sturdy mount. This antenna with the Yaesu 857 has worked better than some dipoles I have put up in the past.
AA0ST Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2014 15:18 Send this review to a friend
UPDATE  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
During a long road trip a few weeks ago, I was able to make a 7:30 am contact between Tulsa OK and College Station TX on 75 meters mobile. After arriving home, I removed the antenna to drive around town without worrying about hitting too many trees. While it was removed, My wife said she heard a metal clanking sound coming from behind the truck and sure enough, my mistake, I did not secure the cables good enough. It had not only busted the Amphenol connector, it had also pulled the cable apart.

Well a quick call to the US distributor, I have a new cable on the way and a after a few emails to the company and few ideas about mounting and a few other topics, I will soon again have a very solid installation and back working the world with my HF mobile.
W0TPS Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2014 11:56 Send this review to a friend
Nice Antenna, worked great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got back from my camping trip( may 3rd-4th), first one of the season. We went to the Pawnee national grasslands on NE Colorado. Still to cold to go to the mountains yet.
The Stealth 9300 worked as advertised. I was amazed at how fast it tuned. I have really never had a true mobile HF before so I canít really relate it to past experiences but I thought it performed great!
There was some QC contesting going on and I was making 5-9 contacts from Main to Oregon on 20 meters all day. Did a little 40 meter work that night but the cold beer and campfire got me side tracked and didn't get to much done after dark. I even heard a QSO from Northern Ireland to Massachusetts , signal was a bit week so I did not attempt to contact.
Look forward to my next outing and field day to experiment a little more.

I bought a 2006 Turbo Diesel 4X4 Ambulance a year ago and did a little remodeling on it. The antenna is mounted on the rear at roof level and I am operating a ICOM 7000. Seems to be a good combo.

Anyway Stealth, thanks for all the help and great antenna design.
N4ILK Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2014 13:28 Send this review to a friend
Excellent HF Mobile Antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have 2 of these antennas. One installed on the front right of my Jeep Rubicon and the other on the right rear of a full sized Dodge pickup. I have always enjoyed HF mobile but these antennas to me offer unparalleled mobile operation. They tune up very fast,usually <1 second. I find they operate well across the HF spectrum. I most always get good signal reports from my contacts.
The design is sleek with no moving external parts. The installation and setup were easy. With the addition of good frame, body, engine and exhaust system bonding the performance is great.
PA3GPP Rating: 5/5 Sep 22, 2013 03:30 Send this review to a friend
Superb mobile antenna for HF operations  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I was one of the first purchasers who bought this superb mobile HF antenna in Europe.
Shure, it's an expensive antenna but worth every penny,the quality both mechanical and electrical are from a different world(not amateur grade but commercial)this antenna works really outstanding!
I used this antenna on several locations,balcony fench,SUV car,portable use,and on my caravan during holiday trips.
With the pre-programmed software and hardware cable's ,it's plug and play.
I added some extra ground radials(8 to 12)with a length of approx 10 meters,this gives the antenna for portable use a very good kick off signal at DX mode,> 1000km.
So if your putting your money at cheap "wonder" antennas,don't buy this one,if you pay a little bit more to invest in a really good antenna,you must buy this one and you will operate this masterpiece for life!!
For me it's a keeper!!