Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | InnovAntennas 432 10 Element LFA Yagi Help

Reviews Summary for InnovAntennas 432 10 Element LFA Yagi
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 1.5/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: InnovAntennas 432 10 Element LFA Yagi
More info: http://www.innovantennas.us/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=21&Itemid=102

You can write your own review of the InnovAntennas 432 10 Element LFA Yagi.

KC9VHD Rating: 1/5 Oct 20, 2014 17:54 Send this review to a friend
poor design  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Not good, I purchased a 20 element UHF LFA yagi from Innovantennas in July 2014. The good.The hardware was outstanding. The bad. There was no documentation included but the elements were all marked for easy assembly.
Once assembled the antenna was tested only to discover the antenna would not tune to 432.100. It would only resonate at 436 mhz. I contacted the U S rep Chip. Over many weeks I tried many recommendations to try to fix the problem. After three months of experimenting it was decided to replace the antenna with a different one. When the second antenna arrived I inspected it to discover parts that were included in the second antenna were not included in the first antenna. Again no instructions were included but the elements were marked so I assembled the second antenna only to discover that when both antennas were put side by side the element spacing and boom length were different. The good news is that the second antenna tuned to 432.100 so I decided to modify the first antenna to model the second antenna. D1,2,3,4 were in the wrong place. The mods were made and the first antenna now tuned to 432.100 but the remaining directors did not match the second antenna. When comparing both antennas to the web site specs neither matched that either. I contacted Innovantennas asking them for detailed specs explaining the problems. I never heard back from them after several attempts. Just because a antenna tunes does not mean it will perform. I have no idea which antenna (if either) is a working design. What I have is a "pretty antenna worth it's weight in aluminum. Would not recommend.

VE3KCY Rating: 2/5 Sep 27, 2013 20:32 Send this review to a friend
Unhappy with product & support   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Took delivery of 2 432 10 element end mount 432 LFA Yagis with phasing coax & power divider in early June that I ordered from Justin at Dayton Hamvention this past May. The shipping process was very fast (from England to Toronto Can in 6 hours).
I did not have time to assemble the antennas till late July. Assembly was straight forward, instructions slightly vague & pictures are not of this exact antenna. I made contact with Justin in England & he walked me through the assembly process. So far things went ok.

Now the fun started when I tried to tune the antenna's which I had mounted at approx. 10feet so I could reach them from a step ladder.I cannot get the SWR down below 1.6:1 at 432.100 no matter how I adjust the dipole ends. Both antenna are resonant in the 436.0 range. My later emails to Justin seemed to be ignored so I contacted Chip in California the North American contact for InnovAntenna. Chip has tried to help me but we are getting nowhere & I am getting FRUSTRATED at lack of progress. I had a fellow club member drop by with his Vector network analyzer and the test results were the same as my MFJ 269 analyzer. I am currently getting no where & fall is here & want to get these yagis on my tower.. bit not until I know they will work as the manufacturer stated.
Before anyone flames me I also tried tuning them vertically also. Connecting my Yaesu 857 gave swr's of 2:1 on 432.100.
I bought this set up to be plug & play so I would have no issues.
I also ordered 2 144 9 element LFA Yagis at the same time. They both tune 1:1 at 144.200 & were no trouble tuning at all. So I know these guys can build a good yagi.
If the 432 yagi worked like the 144 unit I would give these antenna a 5 but until they either replace them with working units for my SSB frequency or refund me I will not recommend them to anyone.