Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | affordableradiorepair.com Help

Reviews Summary for affordableradiorepair.com
Reviews: 20 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$35 per hour
Description: Expert radio repair of all brands at a very reasonable price.
More info: http://affordableradiorepair.com/

You can write your own review of the affordableradiorepair.com.

K6EB Rating: 5/5 Oct 1, 2017 15:51 Send this review to a friend
Great Repair for my TS530 S!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had a bad heater switch, bad capacitors and I needed all new vacuum tubes. Mike stayed in touch with me throughout the process, and did exactly what he said he would do, and he stayed within his proposed timeline. His estimate was right on and yes, VERY AFFORDABLE. Throughout it all, he kept his humor as he inormed me regularly. I couldn't ask for a better repair experience on a radio that i care for very much. I expect at least another 30 years out of it. A great repairman for a great radio!

AC8YJ Rating: 5/5 Jul 21, 2017 19:13 Send this review to a friend
excellent service  Time owned: months
Service was quick and they did a fantastic job at a very reasonable price on my Kenwood 520se. I highly recommend Mike at affordableradiorepair.com

KE8EC Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2017 10:03 Send this review to a friend
Very Good Service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I found Mike's shop via these reviews. I contacted him about a Yaesu 225RD that needed some attention. He got back to me quickly and I sent the rig out. He also contacted me when he received it to let me know how long it might be before shipping back. Upon completion of the realignment and repairs, he sent me an email to tell me what he had done to the rig, and to send the invoice. I am very pleased with the results and would have no qualms about sending more equipment as needed, good service.

N3HAM Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2017 13:38 Send this review to a friend
Terrific  Time owned: more than 12 months
Contacted Mike with the intent of sending him my broken favorite rig, a TS430S. Instead he gave of some of his valuable time and pointed me on the right track to fix it myself. I can be determined when trying to fix things, relying a lot on luck, sense of smell, eyeballing, Google, YouTube and Yahoo groups. With his suggestions I quickly was able to get the radio back on the air.
The kid in me was happy again, his toy had been found, and my faith in the kindness of fellow hams was renewed.
I would not hesitate sending any gear to him.
How many times we say 'It's been a pleasure', well certainly the case here! Thanks Mike.

N2IRN Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2017 14:42 Send this review to a friend
Absolutely Great Job  Time owned: more than 12 months
Not only did he fix the radio but had offered all sorts of support afterwards when my TS-820 started losing the +9v to the VFO intermittently. He walked me through the steps to repair it and even offered to fix the problem through the mail as a warranty claim. I have my TS-830 in route to him now. Pretty fast turn around time and definitely affordable.

MBOTT Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2016 08:09 Send this review to a friend
Most Excellent Work Here  Time owned: more than 12 months
Mike Alexander at Affordable Radio Repair is currently working on the third piece of equipment I've sent him this last year. He applying a bit of TLC to a Yaesu FRG-7 that I've had for about six months. He has also recovered a Knight Star Roamer and applied a keybounce fix to my Kenwood R-5000. All work has been timely, and I would not hesitate sending any of my radios for him to work his magic.

AA1UY Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2016 19:25 Send this review to a friend
National NC-140  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a 1962 National NC-140 General Coverage receiver from eBay. Looks beautiful and although it did "light-up" and get a few AM broadcast band stations, it was way out of alignment, had a mains hum and the tuning dial slipped quite badly (so it was basically useless).

Mike fixed everything that was wrong with it within the stated time frame and estimate and it now works like a champ.

Even though you have to pay for shipping both ways, I felt the rate Mike charges made it a cost I could justify to bring this old radio back to life; which he did.

Mike is very easy to work with and accommodating so I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him and AffordableRadioRepair.com

WA0TML Rating: 5/5 Dec 16, 2016 03:43 Send this review to a friend
Repaired My Yaesu FT-101ZD  Time owned: more than 12 months
Mike did an outstanding repair on my Yaesu FT-101ZD. It was in storage for a year and did not hear a thing or put out a signal when I went to put it back on the air, it was working before I put it in storage.

I live in the Philippines and contacted Mike about the problem - he worked with my time-frame when I was back in the United States. He kept me informed about the repairs, explained the problems found and then returned the defective parts. His estimates of the time it would take to repair and the approximate cost of repairs was dead on.

Everything was explained and the work he did on my radio was excellent. Works like a new rig now. I am shocked at how much better it receives now and I have full output on all bands.

N8RWE Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2016 18:30 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Mike did a fantastic job rewiring a Daiwa RF-440 speech processor so that it would work on my Yaesu FT1000mp! I wouldn't hesitate sending another electronic device to him in the future. Mike always kept in touch, and updated me with information that I wanted to know. 5***** service!
Stan, N8RWE

N5XJT Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2016 09:42 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Repair Job!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Mike repaired my Yaesu tuner that I had inadvertently "fried". He did an outstanding repair job and the 30+ year old tuner now works like it was brand new. Can't say enough about the high quality of the repair work and the price was reasonable. I had a return shipping issue but I can honestly say that was not Mike's fault. I recommend his service highly.