Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | affordableradiorepair.com Help

Reviews Summary for affordableradiorepair.com
Reviews: 20 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$35 per hour
Description: Expert radio repair of all brands at a very reasonable price.
More info: http://affordableradiorepair.com/

You can write your own review of the affordableradiorepair.com.

N2IRN Rating: 5/5 Oct 4, 2016 18:37 Send this review to a friend
Great fast and knowledgable  Time owned: more than 12 months
I give Mike a 5 because he did everything he can to ensure the radio ships back and forth without any issue. He really went through my TS-820 with a fine tooth comb. There were so many diffrent things wrong that I thought I was going to go into hock to pay for the repairs but he was very fair and reasonable. I had an issue down the road with the radio and he talked me through fixing the problem myself and I was able to, free of charge to boot. I will entrust all my repairs to Mike. He has even helped me with identifying items that were unrelated to the repair at hand. Just a great job ad guy. Really knows his way around the hybrids. He really deserves your business. Mike gets it done and is thorough with his estimate and he even gives you your burnt out parts back. This radio never sounded so good. Hopefully it'll last another 30 years.

N0SYA Rating: 5/5 Oct 21, 2015 08:51 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Mike fixed on my radio when no one else services it any longer. The wait is worth it, people seem to keep him busy. I wholeheartedly recommend his service.

N3IPN Rating: 5/5 Oct 15, 2015 09:26 Send this review to a friend
Affordable..Great Communication  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent Mike my Icom-251A that others chose not to work on... Great experience.. Communicated well and he kept it long enough to feel good about his repairs... even suggested I send in the microphone that was perhaps part of the problem... and returned it packed well after my shipping boxes were damaged in transit. I wouldn't hesitate to send him anything. Thanks Mike! 73

KB5PQL Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2015 19:57 Send this review to a friend
Professional!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I don't hesitate to send Mike my broken radios. He did a great job with my Yaesu FT736R and now has my Kenwood TS-520SE. Excellent communication throughout the process and a professional who loves his craft.

WI6T Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2015 19:56 Send this review to a friend
Top notch  Time owned: more than 12 months
My Yaesu FT-101ZD MkII had a sticking relay and being thirty five years old I was concerned about the aging capacitors. I obtained replacement caps (HV and others) from a Canadian source. I live near Denver so I contacted Mike directly to see if I could deliver the radio to him and he agreed. Mike went through the rig, corrected the relay problem, verified that I had the right capacitors and then replaced the old ones, did a complete alignment and burn-in to verify all was well. The radio is like new (it looks new) and all works well. Mike is a straightforward, honest and precise technician. I feel fortunate for having found him. Since I was able to meet Mike personally and having saved shipping fees I paid Mike more than he charged. He was worth every cent. If you have an older rig, let Mike keep it operating. Mike emphasized that when you ship your radio you must pack it well; do not compromise this step. Do not give up on your older rig, let Mike help you.

KG6TZL Rating: 5/5 Apr 26, 2015 21:09 Send this review to a friend
Excellent service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Mike responded quickly to my emails, updated me promptly on the status of the order, evaluated my 940s efficiently, and got it fixed within the time frame promised. The unit arrived in good order and is working like new. Thanks for all your work, Mike! I'll be a return customer for my other vintage equipment!

KG9D Rating: 5/5 Sep 3, 2014 15:38 Send this review to a friend
Repair DX-150A  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got my old DX-150A back and it plays like a new radio.The problem was an open 2K pot that he repaired.Afterwards he aligned the receiver and the dial is spot on.Nice guy ,he kept me informed all the way along to the shipping tracking numbers.

KG9D Rating: 5/5 Sep 3, 2014 14:39 Send this review to a friend
repaired my old DX-150A  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I sent my old DX-150A in for repairs and it came back quickly working better then ever.The problem was an open 2K pot that he repaired.He aligned the receiver and it is spot on now.I would not hesitate to use his services in the future.He is very busy,so send him an email ahead of time.

KE2M Rating: 5/5 Dec 10, 2013 06:09 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Customer Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
On the advise of a local and very satisfied ham I contacted Mike (N0BXE) regarding freshening up and aligning my TS-520S which had been neglected on a shelf for the past 28 years. I found, as my friend before me, Mike to be very prompt in responding and communicative.

First I should mention that Mike provided quality service reworking my old Kenwood, his work was just as advertised and living up to the company name was very affordable.

One thing Iíve learned after almost five decades working in industry is that the true value and character of a vendor or supplier is not always revealed when everything goes perfect. When a problem developed with an auxiliary component that was repaired at the same time as the transceiver Mike stepped up and provided a very timely and very satisfactory warranty repair, keeping me informed at every step.

Mike earned my business and perhaps your consideration.

W2KS Rating: 5/5 Oct 1, 2013 12:16 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service and repair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased a TS-930 in dismal condition, but because it was a 100v import, other repair services did not want to touch it (why, I don't know). I dropped Mike (N0BXE) a note telling him the issues, and he told me to ship it to him, and he would take a look at it. One week later, he diagnosed the rig with a number of problems, too many to list here, and the nature of shoddy repair work done previously. He gave me an estimate, and I said go ahead. five days later, including shipping, I had the rig up and running with absolutely no issues at all. Yes, I'm sure many repair companies have the same service, but what I liked about Mike was his communication with the customer, his honesty, and the extensive detail he went into explaining the problems. Furthermore, his bench rates at $35 per hour are very, very reasonable. Mike's work is guaranteed for a month, and he clearly takes pride in his work.