Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | MFJ Warranty Service Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ Warranty Service
Reviews: 17 Average rating: 2.2/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Warranty repair of MFJ Units
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/

You can write your own review of the MFJ Warranty Service.

N3IPN Rating: 1/5 Sep 3, 2017 13:56 Send this review to a friend
MFJ Repair Communication  Time owned: more than 12 months
My out of warranty repair of my MFJ-259B analyzer took longer than the 4-6 weeks that were listed on my ticket, and only got done when I inquired about it's status... No communication when they received it, no way to inquire of it's location/status... and when I received it back... no discussion about what they repaired or if they addressed my two problems I was having with it... and no paperwork telling me what they charged my credit card... I assume it's fixed, but haven't even plugged it in yet.... I know it's covered by their warranty, but there is nothing in the box except the analyzer. Again I assume its fixed, but find the total lack of communication/followup rather disconcerting... I don't even know what it cost to fix... I will try and let them know my disgust if I can manage to reach them on Tuesday on the phone.... Won't be buying more of their products, and they have gotten lots of my money in the last 30 years... 73! Steve

WD4ED Rating: 3/5 Jun 2, 2017 10:31 Send this review to a friend
Good but Slow...  Time owned: more than 12 months
MFJ is great at honoring the "no questions asked" type warranties. But by my estimation there is a high probability that you may actually need to use it. Expect 304 month turnaround depending on the exact product. You may also need to contact them a few times to make sure you didn't get lost in the system.

W4KVW Rating: 0/5 Jun 1, 2017 18:35 Send this review to a friend
PATHETIC  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased an MFJ USB at the 2016 Orlando Hamcation from an MFJ Dealer.The item was not in stock so he had MFJ mail it to me a couple of weeks later.The item arrived & was not as I was told that it was.I called MFJ & they directed me too send the item back to them.After several weeks I had NOT received my refund & I was told by MFJ that I would receive my refund from the dealer I made the purchase from even though they had me return the item to them.It was another week & a half before I received a refund.It cost me $10 & change for the return shipping for the wrong item.I was given the product information by MFJ in Orlando which was wrong.I wasted the return shipping money for a product I should never have been shipped.I have heard many things about what MFJ stands for but now understand all of their employees are on their 1st job ever & it stands for MY FIRST JOB which would explain why they have NO IDEA what they are doing.

SV8RMA Rating: 0/5 Jun 1, 2017 09:19 Send this review to a friend
A Nightmare   Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought the MFJ998 Auto Tuner from a European dearer.I received the tuner but when I tested it,the operation of the tuner was not as advertised by the company. The tuner doesn’t tune always.When you change bands sometimes it stucks and it doesn’t tune.The dealer also tested the tuners that he had in stock and he confirmed that they operate the same.So there is a problem with the operation of the tuner.(For more info about this, you can read my review at eham.net and watch my you tube video about it)

I described the malfunction of the tuner to the ticket I opened to the customer support of MFJ. The customer support told me that this operation wasn’t normal and sent me the firmware chip.Of course nothing changed ,because the problem was to all the tuners of this type.When I asked for a refund the customer support treated me with arrogance.I sent the tuner back to the dealer but he told me that he couldn’t do nothing and sent it back to me.
After I sent a letter to MFJ C.E.O.,I received again a firmware chip, to change it .Of course nothing happened.
I opened a new ticket and MFJ customer support offered me a credit via the dealer.
I sent again the tuner to the dealer and I waited for the credit.
After a couple of months I received an email from the dealer ,stating that the tuner tunes AFTER several band changes!!!But that was the problem.The tuner stucks and needs band changes to make it tune.
Also I received an email from the MFJ international manager Phyllis Randle ,that MFJ will not credit the tuner!!!Because she claimed that it works as advertised!
The MFJ customer support tells me that they are willing to credit the tuner and another employee decides not to give credit “because it works as advertised”…!
Where does it state that the tuner works and tunes "after several band changes"?
At the product's manual?
At the MFJ product catalog?
At the MFJ advertisements?
Where does it say this kind of operation?
NOWHERE.
I received the worst customer support ,a customer can get.The MFJ998 tuner is not working as it should be,and the MFJ employees are making fun out of me.Just to get rid of me they are telling me lies .
And finally the MFJ international manager decided not to credit the product (even though the customer support told me that they will give credit ),without bothering asking her colleagues about the case .She only heard the dealer ,who doesn’t have the experience of these tuners.(He found out this faulty operation because of me and he thinks is normal)
But despite of this ,making fun to a customer that buys an MFJ product is at least not polite.

Never again MFJ products for me.
Fotis SV8RMA

VE7ABC Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2015 09:34 Send this review to a friend
First Class Service+++  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Everyone has an opinion of MFJ both their products and service. Over the years, I've had a number of their products with NO issues what-so-ever. This past year we moved and the beam/tower was going to be a no-no, so after much research, I purchased the MFJ-1788 magnetic loop antenna. Once I got the coax installed and the loop mounted on a steel pole I required, I sat down and turned on the control box, problems arouse right off the bat. I thought maybe it was a coax problem, so I changed those, same problem, the meter light was pulsating and there was a strange buzzing sound coming from the unit. I emailed MFJ and ended up with one of their techs by the name of Chad. Via numerous emails, Chad had me check out various tests from my end. Nothing worked. Because I was asked to open the unit, I got concerned about voiding the warranty. Chad said not an issue, as their warranty is 1 year no matter what. He suggested that I return the unit to them so they could check it out and either replace it or repair it. On December the 8th, I mailed the control head back to them. Yesterday, December 29, a new control head was at my front door. So despite the Christmas Holidays, and the delays with the Christmas rush at the Post Office, it took only 21 days round trip from the West Coast of Canada to MFJ and back.
So, unlike others my experience with MFJ Warranty Service was first class all the way, and if I ever need other amateur products that MFJ make, I'll have no problems buying from them again.
I should I guess point out that I did not deal with the dealer I bought the antenna from, Radio World in Toronto, Ont. My feelings were no sense in getting anyone else, other than MFJ and myself involved with the problem.
Way to go MFJ.

AK4NJ Rating: 1/5 Aug 26, 2015 14:09 Send this review to a friend
Poor Customer Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a new MFJ-259C from Gentry Electronics (Certified MFJ Dealer) that would not turn on right out of the box, I contacted Gentry and they asked me to ship the meter to MFJ directly for a replacement. I contacted Stan at MFJ who said they would probably send out a new unit when it arrived so I shipped the meter two day to them.

Once the brand new undamaged meter arrived Stan informed me that the meter had been logged in and that it would take 12-15 weeks to get to it. I explained that it was a brand new meter and I would like to have a replacement meter as discussed if they couldn't repair mine right away. Nope Stan said twelve weeks if that.

I contacted Gentry Electronics again, they said their hands were tied. Three weeks later, I called Stan again who said it would be at least another six weeks before they could get to my meter. I Called Mrs. Gentry who contacted MFJ and made arrangements for a new meter to be shipped to me finally.

New meter arrived and functions as advertised a few days later. I will give MFJ a 1 for promptly answering the phone each week and a BIG ZERO for " MFJ's Customer Service and Warranty Repair Service " - Now there is a oxymoron - Customer Service :P

P.S. I would buy from Gentry Electronics again.

KL7KN Rating: 5/5 Jul 9, 2015 10:41 Send this review to a friend
Very good, personable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
As I have noted in this equip review section of this board - I sent my -9200 back to MFJ, followed up on the shipment by posting a copy of the letter (that went into the shipping box) to the trouble ticket opened earlier.

Then, that next Monday - the radio had been confirmed delivered by the USPS Monday before - I called to see if any progress made in made. I was *hoping* that my -9200 was at least in a technician queue, given that it had been a holiday (short) week. The person who answered the phone checked and said they had already checked the rig out & would ship me a replacement this week (week ending July 10) .

Pretty impressive.

I got a ** telephone call** this morning, (07/09/15) that the replacement had been shipped yesterday, priority mail. Bob - I assume this to be the 'Robert' on the ticket, was polite. I was surprised at the call, but the personal touch is hard to beat.

I'll post a follow-up when it arrives and I get the rig checked out.

I was polite, and complete in my documentation with MFJ - they reciprocated by being prompt and keeping me "in the loop". Quite happy with the service.

Overall - so far the customer service from MFJ has been :D :D :D

KC8Y Rating: 0/5 Jun 19, 2015 08:03 Send this review to a friend
never again, for me  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was researching, their website-also for a certain circuit diagram & warranty for a certain antenna tuner; Asked WHY NONE in their downloaqded manual.from their website.

They replied (via email) with some crazy answer/NO decent explainaton>

That's why I purchased another name.

NO MFJ for me!!!!!

KL7KN Rating: 2/5 Jun 18, 2015 17:16 Send this review to a friend
Questionable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I opened a ticket with MFJ to see of I could obtain a schematic or other technical material for my new MFJ 9200 QRP radio. The contact was about a birdie issue.

The company replied quickly (good for them) - next day in fact. Impressive even...

Bad news - they have no technical data, other than the manual found on-line to share as the radio is "Imported".

I'm scratching my head on how a company can offer warranty service with **no technical data....**

Just thought folks might like to know to ask if MFJ has technical data **prior** to making a purchase.

K6SDW Rating: 5/5 Dec 5, 2014 13:33 Send this review to a friend
Good Cushcraft advice  Time owned: more than 12 months
I blew a trap on my old A3S (my fault and way out of warranty), so while it was still in the air I consulted with MFJ antenna tech and he was very helpful and spot on which trap I fried.

Your mileage with MFJ support may vary.....

Good lk!