Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | MFJ Warranty Service Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ Warranty Service
Reviews: 12 Average rating: 2.3/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Warranty repair of MFJ Units

You can write your own review of the MFJ Warranty Service.

AK4NJ Rating: 1/5 Aug 26, 2015 14:09 Send this review to a friend
Poor Customer Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a new MFJ-259C from Gentry Electronics (Certified MFJ Dealer) that would not turn on right out of the box, I contacted Gentry and they asked me to ship the meter to MFJ directly for a replacement. I contacted Stan at MFJ who said they would probably send out a new unit when it arrived so I shipped the meter two day to them.

Once the brand new undamaged meter arrived Stan informed me that the meter had been logged in and that it would take 12-15 weeks to get to it. I explained that it was a brand new meter and I would like to have a replacement meter as discussed if they couldn't repair mine right away. Nope Stan said twelve weeks if that.

I contacted Gentry Electronics again, they said their hands were tied. Three weeks later, I called Stan again who said it would be at least another six weeks before they could get to my meter. I Called Mrs. Gentry who contacted MFJ and made arrangements for a new meter to be shipped to me finally.

New meter arrived and functions as advertised a few days later. I will give MFJ a 1 for promptly answering the phone each week and a BIG ZERO for " MFJ's Customer Service and Warranty Repair Service " - Now there is a oxymoron - Customer Service :P

P.S. I would buy from Gentry Electronics again.
KL7KN Rating: 5/5 Jul 9, 2015 10:41 Send this review to a friend
Very good, personable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
As I have noted in this equip review section of this board - I sent my -9200 back to MFJ, followed up on the shipment by posting a copy of the letter (that went into the shipping box) to the trouble ticket opened earlier.

Then, that next Monday - the radio had been confirmed delivered by the USPS Monday before - I called to see if any progress made in made. I was *hoping* that my -9200 was at least in a technician queue, given that it had been a holiday (short) week. The person who answered the phone checked and said they had already checked the rig out & would ship me a replacement this week (week ending July 10) .

Pretty impressive.

I got a ** telephone call** this morning, (07/09/15) that the replacement had been shipped yesterday, priority mail. Bob - I assume this to be the 'Robert' on the ticket, was polite. I was surprised at the call, but the personal touch is hard to beat.

I'll post a follow-up when it arrives and I get the rig checked out.

I was polite, and complete in my documentation with MFJ - they reciprocated by being prompt and keeping me "in the loop". Quite happy with the service.

Overall - so far the customer service from MFJ has been :D :D :D
KC8Y Rating: 0/5 Jun 19, 2015 08:03 Send this review to a friend
never again, for me  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was researching, their website-also for a certain circuit diagram & warranty for a certain antenna tuner; Asked WHY NONE in their downloaqded manual.from their website.

They replied (via email) with some crazy answer/NO decent explainaton>

That's why I purchased another name.

NO MFJ for me!!!!!
KL7KN Rating: 2/5 Jun 18, 2015 17:16 Send this review to a friend
Questionable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I opened a ticket with MFJ to see of I could obtain a schematic or other technical material for my new MFJ 9200 QRP radio. The contact was about a birdie issue.

The company replied quickly (good for them) - next day in fact. Impressive even...

Bad news - they have no technical data, other than the manual found on-line to share as the radio is "Imported".

I'm scratching my head on how a company can offer warranty service with **no technical data....**

Just thought folks might like to know to ask if MFJ has technical data **prior** to making a purchase.
K6SDW Rating: 5/5 Dec 5, 2014 13:33 Send this review to a friend
Good Cushcraft advice  Time owned: more than 12 months
I blew a trap on my old A3S (my fault and way out of warranty), so while it was still in the air I consulted with MFJ antenna tech and he was very helpful and spot on which trap I fried.

Your mileage with MFJ support may vary.....

Good lk!

AH7I Rating: 4/5 Dec 5, 2014 09:17 Send this review to a friend
Sent parts, I fixed myself!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
MFJ was responsive with the customer service ticket but slow with a solution. Thanks to J. T. Malone Ham World, Inc. for liason with MFJ to secure repair parts for my new MFJ-4230mvp. It had defective power pole connectors. I did not want to send it in and be without a power supply over the two way shipping period. JT asked MFJ to send the parts. MFJ sent them. I fixed it myself in fewer than 10 minutes. MFJ sent me TWO sets of connectors so I was not only able to repair the power supply, I had connectors to put on my two cables!
K9NRW Rating: 0/5 Dec 3, 2014 18:19 Send this review to a friend
MFJ9015 6 months still not back  Time owned: more than 12 months
I sent in an MFJ9015 for out of warranty repair. It has been almost 6 months and still no radio. I have sent in several requests for information and made one phone call. Still no radio. Though it is out of warranty I feel I am still a customer.
Not sure if I'll buy anything from them again.
K1EAR Rating: 2/5 Aug 22, 2014 10:32 Send this review to a friend
Update of previous review  Time owned: more than 12 months
Six months to the day after I sent it in, returned my 9420 xcvr with "unrepairable" written on invoice. Appreciate their effort and honesty, but they should have let me know much earlier. Still, got 20 good years out of rig, so can't complain too much...
K4WP Rating: 0/5 Dec 24, 2013 03:21 Send this review to a friend
Follow-up of previous review  Time owned: more than 12 months
Finally!! After almost 6 months (first of July till Dec. 23) the "OUT OF WARRANTY" repair of a MFJ 239B is now back in the shack.
No explanation given after several request but in reality what excuse could they dream up that I would buy. Your rating may vary, but I think Awful applies in this case.
73, Bill K4WP
K7ABV Rating: 4/5 Oct 17, 2013 14:36 Send this review to a friend
worked 4 me  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent in an RCS-4 Antenna Switch I had for years...they repaired it and sent it back in less than a month...I had a spare switch so I didn't need it right was good, unit works fine now and they kept me up to date on the repair...I know they get plenty of low scores, but i can't give them one now...