Reviews Categories | Towers, masts, accessories, climbing gear | Easy Up 40\' Telescoping Mast EZ TM 40 U Help

Reviews Summary for Easy Up 40\' Telescoping Mast EZ TM 40 U
Easy Up 40\' Telescoping Mast EZ TM 40 U Reviews: 2 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $140
Description: 40' mast (max extended 31'3") UPS shippable. 30' UPS shippable mast also available

You can write your own review of the Easy Up 40\' Telescoping Mast EZ TM 40 U.

WB8VLC Rating: 1/5 Dec 23, 2014 18:42 Send this review to a friend
2 broke, weak metal  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I had 2 of these crap weak masts both using 3 sets of 4 guy wires each spaced at 90 degree angles with a small hex beam and both literally broke at the junction of the first and second section on a nice sunny barely 20 MPH wind day in Phoenix.

Stay away from this junk for any antenna use and do it right the first time and buy something like I did after which I found a used Heights tower which replaced this piece of junk.
NU4B Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2013 16:11 Send this review to a friend
What A Pole!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just replaced the 20' mast I had with this product. I don't remember where I got the 20' mast - maybe Radio Shack.

But this Easy Up mast is one stout mast compared to what I had. The outer tube is a 2" diameter 18AWG section and the upper sections are also 18AWG (top section is 16AWG). The collar system beats the heck out of what I had and cotter pins and guy rings are included.
It was easy to install by myself and very easy to raise and lower. It supports my channel master rotator and HF5B with no problem at all. (It is substantially sturdier than my old mast which supported my HF5B for a couple decades.) The increase in height is what I was looking for so I was really pleasantly surprised when I opened it up and saw this really hefty and well made mast.

Shop for best price.