Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | MFJ 1402 Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ 1402
MFJ 1402 Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $29.95
Description: SHORTY Dual Band 144/440 MHZ Mobile Antenna
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-1402

You can write your own review of the MFJ 1402.

K6SDW Rating: 4/5 Jun 19, 2016 22:28 Send this review to a friend
For what it is it works!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I needed a really short vhf/uhf antenna for our RV coach that stands nearly 12-feet from the roof.

I tried taller dual-band antennas but they got wacked from tree limbs and all.

So, bought the MFJ 1402 and well, it works! I mean, it's really short so it's not a long-distance antenna but for it's really short size I can't complain.

Cheers all,

ed

KJ4I Rating: 5/5 Aug 16, 2015 18:30 Send this review to a friend
Excellent antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
These antennas work pretty well for what they are. I have had one for many years. Although it is not currently in use, I will not be getting rid of it should I ever have a need for it again. I prefer the 1412 antenna but, this antenna performs almost as good. I have done multiple comparisons between the two and there is no noticeable differences until you start trying to pull in weak signals or work very distant repeaters that are probably on the fringe anyway. This is where the 1412 works just a little better but not by much. In all, this is an excellent performing antenna, especially if you need a low profile antenna or need the clearance when parking under a garage. I did manage to hit it on something years ago and bent the stinger but I easily straightened it back out with no ill effects at all. Great little antenna for the price and well built.

W4KVW Rating: 5/5 Oct 9, 2013 12:53 Send this review to a friend
GREAT {:>)  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I picked my MFJ-1402 up used from a Local Ham for use with my ICOM 91AD & D-STAR operating from my mobile & have been VERY pleased.I can work repeaters well over 20 miles away with just the 5 watts from the HT.It should be even better now that I purchased a Dual Band Amplifier for the setup as well.Works like a Champ for me on a Mag Mount on top of my Dodge Quad Cab.I am VERY PLEASED & it fits into carports & garages without removing it from the truck as well. {:>)