Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | G-Whip 40-10M OSCD 66ft off-set dipole Help

Reviews Summary for G-Whip 40-10M OSCD 66ft off-set dipole
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $69.95 GBP
Description: 66ft Off-set dipole constructed from unbreakable transmission lines made of Kevlar braided plated copper (Green MIL 810 spec). Potted Balun Centre Box. PTFE SO239 socket. High grade manganese ferrite torroidal balun PTFE wound @ 400 watts pep (MIL Spec). Comes with 5 piece choke balun ferrites and heat shrink plus end insulators.
More info: http://www.gwhip.co.uk/‎

You can write your own review of the G-Whip 40-10M OSCD 66ft off-set dipole .

G1HJW Rating: 5/5 Jun 11, 2014 14:31 Send this review to a friend
Engineered to Last!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have Just brought a 40m to 10m Windom (OCDP)and 2x 1 to 1 Balun for use in the Far East were I am moving to at end of the year/early next year and when Geoff said to me in answer to questions to my Email's that they would stand up to anything on receiving the items I can see what geoff has said is very true, there built up to full MIL spec's.
The fittings if anything are over rated for the job, unlike other makers that make items that are not up to the job, I can see they will stand up to anything the Weather in the Far East will throw at them and I will get many hours of reliable use, If I need any other Antenna's I will know were to get them from, If you want an Antenna built to last then its got to be a G-Whip and another plus is all the extras like Heat shrink tubing and waterproofing tape are included in the package it is a real ready to go antenna. and delivery was very fast and everything was packaged well.

M0IOD Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2014 13:13 Send this review to a friend
Superb all round  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I was looking for an multi band wire antenna without big traps and heavy feedline. I do not really bother with 80m and don't have the space for the full size windom hence I went for this version.I am hugely impressed all round with the service provided by Geoff and the quality of the product. The balun is built like a tank and the wire is first rate. I have the antenna about 30 ft up at the feedpoint. The short leg runs to the front of the house and then travels down and is tied off around 10 ft from ground. The long leg runs across my garden and is supported by a 30ft fibre glass pole with a 4 ft vertical run down the pole so as to fit my small garden.
SWR across all bands is less than 2:1 including WARC bands. Performance on 40M is great and I regularly sail through pile ups with my 100 watts from my Icom 7410. It works well on all other bands and has allows me to work DX on all bands something which I struggled to do with other multi band antennas in the past. This is the best multiband antenna I have ever bought. Value for money in both terms of quality and performance is simply outstanding. Thank you for a brilliant product.

M0AEP Rating: 5/5 Oct 10, 2013 04:13 Send this review to a friend
Superbly constructed and promising results  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just moved home and have a backyard plot 80 ft long. Whilst looking for a multiband type dipole for general HF use I read with interest the glowing reports on the range of G-Whip antennas individually made by Geoff G4ICD. In particular this superbly constructed OSCD antenna took my attention. It fits snugly into my yard space at about 10 metres agl. The delivery package was complete down to insulators and shrinkwrap for the choke balun ferrites. The antenna is fed with Mini 8 coax through my loft to a TS480HX transceiver (No internal ATU). Despite having a terrestial TV antenna and distribution amplifier system in the loft, no problem with any hint of TVI even though the Mini 8 coax is within feet of the TV system.
Acceptable VSWR's from 2.9:1(15M) to 1.2:1 (6M) and good results on all bands, without an ATU, including 6M. I am going to invest in a 200W ATU which will further improve matching and also bring some 80M capability on board.
The superb, rugged construction of this antenna is a credit to Geoff, G4ICD,who communicated frequently with order progress. I have every confidence in a long life antenna with great performance in times to come. An 80-10M version of this antenna is also available.