Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | Alpha Magnetic Loop Antenna 10-40 Meters & 40-80 Meters Help

Reviews Summary for Alpha Magnetic Loop Antenna 10-40 Meters & 40-80 Meters
 Alpha Magnetic Loop Antenna 10-40 Meters & 40-80 Meters Reviews: 39 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $300
Description: The Alpha Loop offers you a light 10-40 Meter transmit/receive magnetic loop antenna that is quick to deploy. An optional 40-80 Booster Cable makes the Alpha Loop into a two-turn loop, enabling TX/RX on 40-80 meters, which also improves efficiency on 40 meters over the standard 10-40 meter configuration. To use the 10-40 meter configuration, simply remove the booster cable and revert to a single turn loop.
More info: http://AlphaAntenna.com

You can write your own review of the Alpha Magnetic Loop Antenna 10-40 Meters & 40-80 Meters.

KB9ZPK Rating: 5/5 Mar 19, 2016 18:59 Send this review to a friend
ALPHA 10-40 LOOP  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I own the Alpha Antenna Coax Loop. I want to add my voice to the other reviews in stating that this is a FIRST CLASS portable HF antenna. Built with superior materials, the thing just works in such a small portable footprint. The customer service is spot on, helpful, and quick. Steve the owner is a stand up guy. (And let me state that Iam in no way affliated with Alpha Antenna...so my review is honest, and not skewed). Reception, and transmit are Great. Just get one and see. 73 Brian

N1GDO Rating: 5/5 Feb 14, 2016 13:41 Send this review to a friend
COAX Alpha Loop   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Being an apartment dweller and on the ground floor my options were limited. I read a lot of reviews online and decided on the Alpha Coax Loop.
With winter in full force north of Boston I have not even used it outside. All my contacts have been with the loop indoors.
I do almost exclusively digital modes. PSK31 PSK63 and JT65A. I have had several DX contacts to Europe and Africa. Worked many stateside stations. They say all antennas are a compromise but this one works great.

And another note... the service is unreal. Steve in support has responded to several questions I had in very quick fashion. All in all a great experience.

frank
N1GDO

KC8J Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2015 20:23 Send this review to a friend
Perfect For HOA & Portable  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I picked up the Alpha Loop, Sr. about 6 months or so ago, and I couldn't be happier with this antenna! I live in stucco hell with a HOA as well, and this antenna has made it possible for me to operate from anywhere in my house! To see this antenna, as well as the Alpha Vertical, Alpha Moto and Alpha EzMilitary check out this video https://youtu.be/fCPEP2HsShY

LZ2ZIN Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2015 23:41 Send this review to a friend
Perfect!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very good antenna. I easily hear whole Europe on 40 meters using digital modes - JT65, JT9, PSK, etc. I don't even need to take it outside! A truly remarkable design.

It's also very portable - you put it in its bag (which is pretty small) and go to any DX expedition :)

KE0EWY Rating: 5/5 Sep 8, 2015 17:46 Send this review to a friend
GET ONE!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I first used my Alpha Loop during the T-Rex 2015 exercise (www.amrron.com) with a FT-817ND. During the T-Rex exercise all HF bands were crashed due to some solar winds so phone was out; however, digital ruled the day. I was able to make several digital contacts with other digital operators including the contact of the weekend with an AmRRON operator in Idaho--1700 miles with 2.5 watts! I received a week signal from the particular operator and I swung the Alpha Loop towards her direction and I made a 100% copy with the 817 and the Alpha Loop.

Since T-Rex 2015 I have made several QSO's from both field and base (within my home) with both digital and phone. This is a GREAT system and I highly recommend!

N2PKN Rating: 5/5 Sep 6, 2015 06:30 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great antenna ,beats anything else hands down

AB7MP Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2015 07:44 Send this review to a friend
Works great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The loop works great. I was "motel mobile" for the IARU 2015 contest and worked LU4AA/F on 5 watts with the loop in our 2nd floor motel room (north/west side of the building) in Ritzville, WA. That's 1325 miles / watt (your mileage may vary).

The 1st time I keyed up, I had too much RF into the keyer, so I moved the antenna about 3 feet and the problem went away.

One thing that helped me was a long cord on the straight key. I could key the transmitter while I was close enough to the antenna to tune it.

This was my first use of the antenna and am looking forward to using it again.

K8HGY Rating: 4/5 Jun 29, 2015 18:52 Send this review to a friend
Works good if outside  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had problems making contacts but after Steve looked at the antenna at The Dayton Hamvention he found a minor problem with the cap box. I now have had good results on 20 mtrs using a KX3 working from a portable location in Az. SWR is easy to adjust by tuning for MAX noise, then fine tuning with the SWR indicator on the KX3.The antenna tuned ok on 40 mtrs but not much luck with contacts.

HB3YPG Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2015 07:04 Send this review to a friend
Le CV très sensible  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Tout d'abord, je tiens à vous transmettre mes premières impressions sur 15m. Plusieurs QSO entre 1'500 et 3'000 km avec une puissance affichée sur mon FT-857D de 15W. Très surprenant cette boucle magnétique avec peu de QRM et une excellente réception des signaux. Il a été relativement facile, à l'aide du Micro Tune de pouvoir calibrer et obtenir le meilleur SWR sur les bandes de 40, 20 et 15m. Toutefois, la bande des 10m me donne du souci pour accorder l'antenne dans les meilleurs conditions avec un SWR minimum. rapport prix qualité très bon. Service après vente très bon. Steve répond à nos courriers électroniques le jour même ou le jour suivant. Excellent compromis pour une taille de un peu plus de 80 cm de diamètre. Thank's Steve for your product. Patrik, HB3YPG

KE0CZJ Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2015 08:30 Send this review to a friend
Great QRP Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Alpha Loop Jr is a great portable QRP antenna! I bought this antenna for use with my FT 817ND. I needed an HF antenna that would fit into my checked luggage, is easy to use, and works as many bands as possible. The Alpha Loop Jr meets all my requirements. I bought the Alpha Loop Jr at the Kansas City Ham Bash. The antenna is extremely portable and comes in its own bag with a 3 foot tripod. I took the antenna home and easily tuned 10 -40. From inside my second floor office in Kansas I made a 1200 mile QSO into Canada with VE6AO on 20 meter using just 5 watts. (Just above the noise level but he heard me) The antenna hears great also! Buy with confidence from Alpha antenna. The antennas are made by hand on site. I liked the Alpha Loop JR so much I drove to the Alpha work shop and purchased the 10-80 vertical.