Reviews Categories | Books/Manuals/Videos/Pod-WebCasts on ham radio | Clipperton 2000 Video Help

Reviews Summary for Clipperton 2000 Video
Clipperton 2000 Video Reviews: 6 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $25
Description: One hour video covering the FO0AAA DXpedition to Clipperton Island.
More info: http://www.dxvideos.com

You can write your own review of the Clipperton 2000 Video.

N3ZC Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2008 15:51 Send this review to a friend
Another excellent video!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'll give it a 5..even after watching the BS7H DXped video in 16:9 format..(this one is in 4:3 format as it's an older video). Really all-encompassing video about the DXpedition to Clipperton in 2000. Well-balanced & narrated, showing how tricky landing (& leaving) the atoll can be, and also the political history of Clipperton is discussed. It's well done & the PQ is excellent (along with the musicical background). Recommended..

I'm snagging ZL8R next!

73' Tom N3ZC

KB1KIX Rating: 5/5 Nov 17, 2005 09:19 Send this review to a friend
Great DVD  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is the third one I've gotten so far. This ranks amongst the best. Great ham radio information on the dxpedition - but also other neat info as well.

I like the blend of the islands military/historical information, natural info and it's geography lesson.

I'm getting just about all his videos as time goes on - they are great last minute films for the club meetings!!!!

Jonathan

N5VWN Rating: 5/5 Dec 31, 2003 05:46 Send this review to a friend
I'm wearing out the Tape!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just an awsome professional film. I wanna go!!! It's something to see those ops in a pile-up. It's not all just radio either. There's something for even the non-ham. Lot's of history and photos. Good music and superb narration keeps this film clicking along. I really enjoyed hearing about past DXpeditions. It's worth the money. Also a great value as other hobbies, (like my hanggliding), charge up ot $60.oo for a 35 minute video that is nowhere near as polished. These guys here charge $25.00 and that's shipping and handling included. BTW, I don't work for them although I'd like to be the DX star in one of their movies. I'm ready for N.Korea! Now I got to get my code past 16wpm. hi hi Just get the movie, you won't regret it! 73's

N1LQ Rating: 5/5 Nov 23, 2000 09:52 Send this review to a friend
Another Great Video from James Brooks  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is another great effort from James Brooks.

We are fortunate to have him to chronicle current dxpeditions.

His ZL9CI video is perhaps the best dxpedition video of all times.

Can't wait for the A52A edition

N2CY Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2000 22:09 Send this review to a friend
Very Good production  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Excellent video and editing. The background information of Clipperton was very interesting. If I could have asked for anything it would have been more details and shots of the stations, setting up, and such. But it really was fun to watch and worth the money !
N2CY

p.s. i did not get to hear myself being worked :(
oh well...maybe on the next one ... hi hi

G4KIU Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2000 13:36 Send this review to a friend
Excellent video covering the FO0AAA DXpedition  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Once again, James Brooks 9V1VC, has excelled himself.

I saw this video at the HF Convention in the UK, a few days after its release. The video lasts about an hour and shows the difficulty and dangers when landing on Clipperton. The commentary and pictures show plenty of details of the DXpedition, plus lots of history of the island.

My only negative, is that the video is too long at 60 mins. 45 would be better, but hey, this video tops the ZL9CI one done by James. Highly recommended.