Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | BaoFeng/Pofung UV-82L Help

Reviews Summary for BaoFeng/Pofung UV-82L
BaoFeng/Pofung UV-82L Reviews: 12 Average rating: 3.8/5 MSRP: $55.99
Description: this is the 2013 Newest BaoFeng UV-82L dual band radio. It is a micro-miniature multiband FM transceiver with extensive receive frequency coverage, providing local-area two-way amateur communications along with unmatched monitoring capability.Upgrade the battery capacity.18cm high performance booster antenna, support longer distance and receive signal more stable. The more human- friendly thing is it with two signal indicators, one is for send signal and one for receive signal, it use newest focusing lens design and higher brightness. 3000mAh super capacity battery has longer battery life.
More info: http://www.baofengradio.com/en/

You can write your own review of the BaoFeng/Pofung UV-82L.

KN0JI Rating: 5/5 Oct 25, 2013 14:43 Send this review to a friend
The Best Baofeng ever  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The UV-82 (I actually have a UV-82L) is by far the very best Baofeng radio I have ever used, and I own several different models. It's the first Baofeng that feels like a serious HT, kinda reminding me (ok, a little) of my Yaesu FT-60R. It's a little larger, a little heavier, with larger keys (making it harder to fat-finger, unlike the B6), a more rugged exterior, and feels more professional, IMO. I don't like that you can't switch between Frequency Mode and Channel Mode with the push of a button like the 5RA.

Performance is fantastic, over and above the B5 or B6. From my favorite (146.76 and 147.08) local repeaters people report full quieting from me at 32 miles line-of-site, where the B6 is reported snowy and on the 5RA people say they have a difficult time making out what I'm saying, all using the same 1/4-wave whip. When I use my home-made four-radial ground plane, they all sound the same until I get about 41 miles from the same repeaters, then ditto.

The manual stinks, but on one hand don't all Baofeng manuals stink? and on the other hand, if you've programmed one Baofeng, pretty much you've programmed them all. Also, I own both the UV-82 and the UV-82L, but I can't tell the two apart, except for the stick-on label.

BH1OHK Rating: 5/5 Oct 25, 2013 02:34 Send this review to a friend
comfortable to hold  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been using the uv5r for a long time. When i saw this uv82L, I just thought it was time to play another type radio.
The radio is good. It is not so small as the uv5r. And the appearance is cool. Nice 18cm long antenna, convenient PTT key. It is not hard for me to use it.
And i am pleased with this price. Kind of quirky but easy to setup with your favorite repeaters and simplex channels with a programming cable.