Reviews Categories | Receivers: General Coverage | Cross Country Wireless SDR-4+ (Version 2) Help

Reviews Summary for Cross Country Wireless SDR-4+ (Version 2)
Cross Country Wireless SDR-4+ (Version 2) Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $179.95 (Approximately $290)
Description: An SDR Receiver 850KHz-62.5MHz with on-board sound card, USB oscillator control, and I/Q 192 KHz USB connecion
More info: http://www.crosscountrywireless.net/sdr-4.htm

You can write your own review of the Cross Country Wireless SDR-4+ (Version 2).

M1DBB Rating: 5/5 Jun 11, 2016 13:20 Send this review to a friend
exallent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
super bit of kit hope cc bring out a tx version soon very high grade kit. Must use it more just time my end as family and grand kids have more time

AA1BW Rating: 5/5 Jul 4, 2015 23:51 Send this review to a friend
Great HF receiver  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am experiencing with SDR for quite a few years. The SDR-4+ arrived last week. It was pretty impressive that a specification datasheet measured at CCW was included, stating that on all HAM bands the MDS is -140dBm.
The receiver is great. Use HDSDR and together it is not falling behind any of my main rigs. The 48Khz span of the internal sundcard is just enough to monitor band activity.
I think this is the best priced allaround HF+6m+4m receiver you can get on the market today.

W5GNB Rating: 5/5 Mar 4, 2015 18:44 Send this review to a friend
Great Receiver  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The receiver when used with HDSDR is comparable to any other receivers in my shack, including some pretty high priced equipment. I am very impressed with the quality and performance. I am using a older Windows 7 computer and it performs flawlessly.
I would recommend it to anyone who is wanting to see a quality SDR receiver system.

G4PNF Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2014 05:54 Send this review to a friend
Very good indeed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a return review after having used the SDR-4+ for a few weeks now. It is my first experience of an SDR but the Cross Country SDR-4+ is just great. I have it hooked up to an active loop receive only antenna (Wellbrook) and use it to view large parts of the bands as a kind of "pan adapter". I am mainly a CW op and since it is "bomb proof" as far as RF overload is concerned I also use it to spot activity and then transmit on the same frequency using a 100 watt transceiver. The supplied/recommended HDSDR software is very easy to use and gives CAT control but I am particularly pleased with the performance it gives when coupled with CW-Skimmer. There is no CAT control but it is easy to just enter the L/O frequency and then you get around 45KHz of the band available on CW Skimmer. I have it tied up to the Reverse Beacon Network via Aggregator and the performance is terrific. It compares very favourably with my HF rigs in the shack for sensitivity/selectivity and you can see a screen capture of it in action during a CW contest (with Skimmer)on my QRZ.com page.
I did have a few teething problems with the SDR-4+
which were easily resolved and mostly related to poor USB lead connections.
I highly recommend this RX to anyone wanting to explore SDR's and it is also a very inexpensive and effective way of achieving broad band access to CW-Skimmer.

N5EI Rating: 5/5 Oct 30, 2013 13:21 Send this review to a friend
A good all band receiver  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had limited experience with the more expensive RFSpace SDR prior to ordering this receiver. At the time I bought it (Version 1), its frequency range was 850KHz to 30 MHz. I returned it for an at cost upgrade (Version 2). Now the receiver works from 850KHz to 62.5 MHz. Version 3, currently offered, works to 70.5 MHz including the European 4 meter band. Considerable thought has gone into its design to make it a full-fledged communications receiver. The specifications are outstanding for a receiver of this cost.
I really like the way it works with the included HDSDR or SDR Console 1.5. that both provide all mode operation and use with digital mode programs as well. One can look at the spectrum in various widths up to 192 KHz, center the cursor on a likely signal, and hear it. Looking to see whether a band is active is immediate up through 6 Meters. One may also tune direct to the KHz desired, choosing the mode desired. Sensitivity and selectivity are excellent. Protected 50 ohm input is provided. Note that a computer is required to control the receiver with the programs that are provided on an included CD.
I am very impressed with the receiver and the British Company which builds and repairs them and am looking forward to their forthcoming Sentinel Transceiver.