Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | Elecraft KXPA100 Amplifier Help

Reviews Summary for Elecraft KXPA100 Amplifier
Elecraft KXPA100 Amplifier Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $699 kit, 749 factory assembled
Description: The compact Elecraft KXPA100 amplifier is intended for use
with all QRP transceivers. It's particularly well suited to
the Elecraft KX3 transceiver. The amp covers the 160-6 meter
bands, including the WARC bands, and is rated at 100 W
nominal power output (+/- 1 dB). A companion internal
automatic antenna tuner (ATU), the KXAT100, is also
available.

Features include:

100 W output on 160-6 m with 5 W input (+/- 1 dB typical)
13.8 VDC powered; 15-20 A typical current drain
7 lbs with optional KXAT100 ATU installed.
Compact unit ideal for both desktop and mobile use (10 x
5.125 x 4.25")
Solid-state diode T/R switching fast, silent T/R and QSK
Large convection-cooled heat sink for reliable and quiet
operation
Modern design with rugged MOSFET output stage
Internal wide-range automatic antenna tuner (KXAT100 ATU
option) with dual antennas
KXAT100 matches 10:1 SWR (5:1 typical on 160 m and 6 m);
uses Elecraft's fast matching algorithm
KXAT100 settings saved per band, per band segment, and per
antenna for instant recall
Fast, bright LED bar graphs for power and status; KXAT100
ATU option adds SWR bar graph
Seamless integration with the Elecraft KX3 transceiver
Works well with any low-power transceiver, requiring only
RF and PA KEY inputs
RF-based frequency counter automatically switches bands
with any rig
Optional band-voltage input supports the Yaesu FT-817,
Icom IC-703, and other selected rigs
Dual APP power connectors for additional friction-fit if
needed (mobile)
Optional KXPACBL adapter connects KX3 to the KXPA100 for
keying/band data/control
More info: http://www.elecraft.com/

You can write your own review of the Elecraft KXPA100 Amplifier.

W6GF Rating: 5/5 Dec 10, 2013 11:46 Send this review to a friend
Oh Elecraft you can do better  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I love to start reviews this way, because it rings Wayne's bell. This is a great flawless product. I am proud owner of S/N 61 with the ATU. My only nit is that for $12.00 dollars per watt [yes with ATU] the instruction manual deserves a cover and binder not just some pages stapled together [one staple I might add].

It may not be the cheapest QRP amp, but WOW.

George, W6GF

AE7WC Rating: 5/5 Dec 5, 2013 18:20 Send this review to a friend
Works as advertised  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've got everything working and if I can hear someone I can work them. The thing is quiet and doesn't require any effort on my part. It is a little bit "spendy" but I wanted something that I could work with using battery power and it will. If I have any issues I will update.

K9YEQ Rating: 5/5 Dec 5, 2013 14:48 Send this review to a friend
Best QRP amp I have owned  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have tried lots of small QRP amps. Blown a few finals and have had numerous issues. I have plenty of power in the shack, so when I had the opportunity to be a field tester of this amp., I did have to think hard about spending $'s for something I didn't really need. Based on past experience with Elecraft and testing other radios they have designed, I jumped in. It is not so easy being a tester; it requires timely and somewhat intensive activity. What you experience as a user is a result of this thorough testing before the product release. This is rare in the "new age" of HAM radio and consumer goods. I cannot believe how well this amp works with my KX3. The tuner is on par with all the Elecraft tuners.

I get great reports going from QRP to QRO. My unit has the tuner and cable kit. A smart way to go... if you have the $'s. This amp is a "you get what you pay for" purchase.

W6NRD Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2013 18:36 Send this review to a friend
Absolutely one of the most fun Amps and tuners I've used!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just got this unit, SN#028, this weekend. I hooked everything up, loaded some firmware for my KX3 and turned it on - everything worked like a charm first try!
Impressions:
- amazingly quiet little amp
- tunes very, very fast
- integration with the KX3 is incredible and makes using the amp seamless!
- Changes KX3 Power output setting to 110W from the normal 5-12w. This happens once you set the PA mode to On indicating the AMP is present.
The adapter that connects the KXA100 to the KX3 is so well designed and thought out. The adapter includes two connections for Acc1 and Acc2 into the KX3, however, on the side of the connector is an GPIO output and an Amp keyline.

I great device that I will keep in my shack and out in the field and on those SOATA activation's for years to come.

Definitely recommend this for anyone interested!