Reviews Categories | Filters, RF: bandpass, duplexer, lowpass, highpass, RFI/EMI, e | Remote Rig RF Protection Filter for DSL Modems 1279A-1 Help

Reviews Summary for Remote Rig RF Protection Filter for DSL Modems 1279A-1
Remote Rig RF Protection Filter for DSL Modems 1279A-1 Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $41
Description: This LP-filter protects DSL-modems from RF-Interference caused by RF
from your transmitter. Specially when transmitting on 160m and 80m
itís very common that the RF cause interference or even make the DSL-
modem to reset.

The attenuation is >40dB on 160m and >60dB on 80m.
More info: http://www.remoterig.com/wp/?page_id=1732

You can write your own review of the Remote Rig RF Protection Filter for DSL Modems 1279A-1.

W9DJ Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2013 07:56 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I operate remote base a lot with higher power (500 watts), and could not use 80 meters with high power or 160 meters at all without causing the DSL modem to disconnect. I tried toroids on all the leads, and while that improved 80 meters, 160 was still impossible at any power level. I discovered this little filter, and it has fixed my problem. I can now run up to full legal limit on all bands (500 watts on 160 because that's all I have on that band) without disturbing the modem. I added the modem without removing the toroids, so I don't know if it would work as well alone, but if it ain't broke.... I think the only way to order this product is from Sweden over the internet. It took a week or a little more to arrive, and I have forgotten the shipping charges, but the total price was in the $50's.