Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | G-Whip Widebander Help

Reviews Summary for G-Whip Widebander
G-Whip Widebander Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $69 GBP
Description: End fed antenna complete with 500 watt 9/1 un/un, 20 mtr counterpoise and
mounting accessories
More info: http://www.gwhip.co.uk/widebander.htm

You can write your own review of the G-Whip Widebander.

GM0DYU Rating: 5/5 Feb 26, 2014 11:10 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I already own a G-Whip end fed 40M dipole which has been in service for a couple of years now and is a great performer. I purchased the Widebander as I needed a multiband aerial to replace a vertical which is in need of a refurbish. It gets a 5 from me for build quality, value for money and performance - green coloured Kevlar radiator and counterpoise, potted 400W 9:1 Balun, they even throw in Dacron cord to hang it and self-amal tape for the coax connector - the internal tuner on my FTdX3000 matches it no problem, great service from
Geoff at G-Whip, ordered on Sunday evening and he e-mailed me back that night to confirm the order.

M0AZE Rating: 5/5 Nov 21, 2013 07:04 Send this review to a friend
Another excellent product  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I'm a great fan of products from this company, well engineered using quality components that really work.

This antenna has just replaced a trap dipole, G2DYM type, and is used in a sloping configuration with the counterpoise running along my fence at 6 feet from the ground.

Comparing with trap dipole it is much quieter and gives a relatively good SWR across the bands (ATU required). It functions on Top Band as well.

It does require approximately 90 foot of back yard in the configuration I've used. Terrific performer. The mono band end-fed antenna's from the same company all receive high praise from users.

Another great product!