Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | AVVid Help

AVVid
322 VZ County Rd 2714
Mabank, TX 75147

Phone: 214-850-0973

The phone is a cell phone and cantankerous. If no answer leave a message and I'll return the call.

Working on Kenwood equipment only. No warranty work.

Best contact is via e-mail, I check it several times a day.

Clif Holland KA5IPF

More info: http://www.avvid.com/

You can write your own review of the AVVid.

NP3ST Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2017 08:28 Send this review to a friend
EXECENT,PROFESSIONAL SERVICE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
HAVE A 480,OF A FRIEND,SENT TO A KENWOOOD CENTER FOR SPECIFIC PROBLEM,CAME BACK NOT REPAIR,BUT ALSO WITH ANOTHER ISSUE. I RECOMMENDED AVVID TO MY FRIEND,AND I SENT IT IN FOR HIM. TOOK SOME TIME,BUT WORTH IT,CAME BACK AS NEW..ELECTRICALLY!! MY FRIEND IS HAPPY CAMPER NOW,GOOD COMMUNICATION,AND LOW COST INCLUDING SHIPPING,WILL RECOMMEND AVVID TO ANY KENWOOD OWNER.THANKS AVVID!!

K9LDO Rating: 5/5 Aug 13, 2017 09:54 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had a Kenwood TS-440S I wanted to be checked over after non-use of 20 years. I chose to drive to Clif's instead of mailing and am glad I did. Clif is someone that is a pleasure to meet and talk with. Plus he went over the Kenwood while I waited. He also sold me the caps I needed to repair a Kenwood TS 820 I had that was my fathers. I would drive to Clif's if I ever need another Kenwood repaired and highly recommend him to all.

WD2B Rating: 5/5 Jun 30, 2017 10:30 Send this review to a friend
Kenwood TS50 repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
Cliff is an amazing technician. He not only repaired my bad TS50 but did preventive maintenance as well by replacing many parts and capacitors that hadn't failed but were likely to fail, aligned it and did it all in only a few weeks. Even before the repair job he explained how I could fix it myself however I wasn't experienced with SMD parts so elected to have him do it. The repair costs were very reasonable as well. It now works better than when it was new. You won't find a better Kenwood repair tech anywhere. I can't recommend him highly enough.

KY4TS Rating: 5/5 Jun 13, 2017 12:29 Send this review to a friend
Clif Knows his stuff!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
When the 220 module in my TM-742 quit working, I was at my wits end trying to track down the problem. Another ham told me to check Clif out. Sure glad I did. After a couple emails, I sent the 742 on it's way to Texas. Within a very reasonable amount of time, Clif emailed his diagnosis and estimate on how much it would cost. His rates are very reasonable and his turn around time is excellent. He even included a print out of his diagnostic test from his service monitor. The old Kenwood is now back in the car and working just fine. Thanks Clif!

KI5LU Rating: 5/5 Apr 11, 2017 10:48 Send this review to a friend
Cliff is truly a gift to the Kenwood amateur community  Time owned: more than 12 months
Another reviewer said "Cliff is truly a gift to the Kenwood amateur community"

His thorough diagnosticc and price pleasing work on my TS940S showed that the reviewer had it right.

I drove 200 miles to deliver the heavy 940s since i don't trust the shippers. Meeting Clif in person made that travel investment even more worthwhile. (If you travel, remember that that the VZ means he is just across the Van Zandt county line.

KD2WO Rating: 5/5 Dec 22, 2016 22:47 Send this review to a friend
Cliff, went out of his way to help me out with my dilemma.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I wanted to post a question on my Kenwood TS-850S to inquire if the filters I had were the correct ones. However, for whatever reason it was, each time after logging in I found I couldn't post. I had my radio sitting upside down with the bottom cover off awaiting the installation. I finally found AVVid and looked over their site and decided I'd drop Cliff an email to get my question concerning the filters answered, before installing them. Much to my surprise, Cliff emailed me back within a couple of hours, telling me to just go ahead and install all three as they were the exact filters for the radio.

It doesn't get any better than that. Thanks Cliff!

KD2WO
Don, NJ

WJ4VA Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2016 04:10 Send this review to a friend
Awesome!  Time owned: months
Clif is a great guy, excellent communication, very fair and reasonable rates and a top notch tech! Repaired my TS-690SAT for much less than I was expecting. He really goes the extra mile!

N4RCK Rating: 5/5 Nov 4, 2016 19:18 Send this review to a friend
TS-50  Time owned: more than 12 months
I sent the ts-50 to Cliff for a checkup. He realigned the tx and rx. excellent work with very fast turnaround time. If you have a kenwood he is the man !

W2TWM Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2016 14:43 Send this review to a friend
TS-480 SAT and HX   Time owned: more than 12 months
Hi, the power supply goof up and took out both 480's he fixed then both .Fast return too .Tim W2TWM

N5OBQ Rating: 5/5 Sep 25, 2016 11:48 Send this review to a friend
Kenwood 940 Repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
I called Cliff on a Wednesday and scheduled an appointment with him the next week Wednesday at 10am. I drove 110 miles from my house to his driveway. Took my Kenwood 940 out of my car and Cliff was waiting for me at his door ready to work on it. He told me that he would do his best to fix the radio right now and if I had time to wait, I could take the radio back home with me. I said you bet I will wait for it. I watched him take the radio apart and repair the transmitter section that would not work and replace three receive attenuator switches. He then replaced all the burned out lights in the green display with led lights. He tuned the transmitter and receiver sections of the radio. All this work was all done in about 1.5 hrs and I was on my way back home with my radio. That was 3 months ago and today my Kenwood is still working like a brand new radio. This guy is very professional in his craft and very reasonable what he charges for his services. I would recommend him to anyone that needs radio repair. Thanks Cliff for a job well done!